Bay

Browns release D'Qwell Jackson

PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/26/browns-parting-ways-with-dqwell-jackson/

The Browns have made the first big transaction of the Ray Farmer era, releasing veteran linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.

It was a fairly easy-to-see move, considering he had a $4 million roster bonus coming up next month, and a $2.6 million base salary for the 30-year-old linebacker. But the Browns were in excellent shape cap-wise, so they didn’t have to do it for financial reasons.

Reason I don't post threads anymore its a pain on Kindle.

Did he severely fall off or something? Craig Robertson is far from a replacement.

It especially makes no sense today, after Jackson told reporters that he would have been more than willing to restructure for the team. Dumb. Jackson is a pretty solid inside linebacker. Should have kept him around.

Then again, it is the Browns.

Man, that's beginning to become a punch line, more so than it already was.

He was one of my favorite "underrated" players a couple years ago, but it has looked like he has fallen off a little...

Yes, he's fallen off a little bit since his injuries to I believe the pectoral and I also want to say he had a labrum injury. He's still a solid player, just wasn't quite worth the money he was due to make. Plus, we're trying to get younger. But this also makes ILB a huge need this offseason.

The Miami Herald reports free agent ILB D'Qwell Jackson will sign with one of the four teams he's visited.

That's the Dolphins, Colts, Broncos and Titans. Indy is getting the last crack after Jackson visited Miami on Monday. The Herald reported Monday that Jackson was "very intrigued" by the Dolphins, but his intrigue wasn't enough to sign on the dotted line without first giving the Colts a looksee. The fact that Jackson won't take any more visits is a sign he'd like to have a new home before teams can start talking with all free agents on Saturday.