Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

Mad Bum :sloth:

Alex Wood has now lost a total of 5 games for the Braves but the bad thing is they have only scored a TOTAL of 7 runs in his 7 starts. Absolutely pitiful.

Pretty lame that a lot of baseball teams are copying the Padres camo jerseys, at least they are supporting the military.

okay 7 losses in a row. Had a legitimate shot tonight and just couldn't do it.....PITIFUL.

Think we'll get back to winning with the current arrangement soon enough. Heyward is hitting, Melvin is making solid contact, and Ramiro Pena is a Mexican god.

tumblr_n54zbeTsqQ1rs467vo1_400.gif

So we're back in first and snapped the skid. Now let's do what Braves do: Win.

The Pirates had the first ever walkoff win after an overturned call tonight. 2 outs, bottom of the 9th. Starling Marte hit a triple, and the outfielder botched the throw to 3rd. Marte darted for home, originally the umps said he got gunned down, but Hurdle challenged. It got overturned. Pirates win.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Officially over .500, in 2nd place, and an outside shot of being tied for first place if we win both games of tomorrow's double header in Oakland. Not all that likely, but Felix does start the first game, and if he can give us a complete game we would have a hell of a chance doing it with pitching alone. Don't expect to continue winning but always nice to see superior teams like Texas and Anaheim below you. Iwakuma is back and Taiwan Walker will be back in a few days. Liking our rotation. A lot.

• Downvote 1

Calm your tits, BC. It's early May. The Mariners are still dog shit. :yao:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We NEED to win this Cubs series. Period. We cannot keep losing games.

The Braves aren't really in a position to NEED wins right now.

The Pirates, on the other hand, pretty much need to win now if they want any chance at the playoffs. It's still early, but they dug themselves into a hole. It will take a while to climb out of it.

I never said we were superior and also said that I didn't expect to continue the trend. But our dogshit team just took 3 out of 4 in the house of the top AL team and won 10 of the last 13. I now digress due to the fact that it takes the charity of backing off to shut you up. But go ahead and push that red button since it makes you feel like less of a scum of the earth bus boy.

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

I never said we were superior and also said that I didn't expect to continue the trend.

You were acting like this series was a battle for playoff positioning. :yao:

But our dogshit team just took 3 out of 4 in the house of the top AL team and won 10 of the last 13.

3 games out of 162. We're in early May. No one cares. And Detroit is currently the top team in the AL, dumbfuck.

I now digress due to the fact that it takes the charity of backing off to shut you up.

This makes no fucking sense lmao. The charity of backing off? :rofl:

But go ahead and push that red button since it makes you feel like less of a scum of the earth bus boy.

Pushed it. Now you're gonna get all butthurt and neg me 10 straight times. And yeah, I'm a busboy at one of the best country clubs in the northeast (hosting a major PGA golf tournament later this year, fwiw). Could be worse. I could be some shitty photographer with pepperoni nipples.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We NEED to win this Cubs series. Period. We cannot keep losing games.

Depends who you ask... :smug:

I never said we were superior and also said that I didn't expect to continue the trend.

You were acting like this series was a battle for playoff positioning. :yao:

But our dogshit team just took 3 out of 4 in the house of the top AL team and won 10 of the last 13.

3 games out of 162. We're in early May. No one cares. And Detroit is currently the top team in the AL, dumbfuck.

I now digress due to the fact that it takes the charity of backing off to shut you up.

This makes no fucking sense lmao. The charity of backing off? :rofl:

But go ahead and push that red button since it makes you feel like less of a scum of the earth bus boy.

Pushed it. Now you're gonna get all butthurt and neg me 10 straight times. And yeah, I'm a busboy at one of the best country clubs in the northeast (hosting a major PGA golf tournament later this year, fwiw). Could be worse. I could be some shitty photographer with pepperoni nipples.

No, I'm not acting like its September, I'm pessimistically enjoying being over .500 for a brief bit and hoping Smoak, Seager, Zunino continue to improve at the plate, and that Taiwan Walker and Iwakuma settle into grooves making our rotation a force to be reckoned with. Your dumb ass just gets hell bent for no reason like always because you have nothing better to do. It's gotten to the point where people are reaching out to me to stop expressing my opinion about you for the better of the site and I couldn't agree more. You immediately make me realize I'm arguing with a lowly ass, purposeless seanbrock wannabe *insert your infamous banned slur here* because you can't even take shots at me intelligently despite it being the only thing you've ever worked at. Thanks for the entertainment while it lasted. All great things come to an end.

Edited by BC

No, I'm not acting like its September, I'm pessimistically enjoying being over .500 for a brief bit and hoping Smoak, Seager, Zunino continue to improve at the plate, and that Taiwan Walker and Iwakuma settle into grooves making our rotation a force to be reckoned with.

lol.

Your dumb ass just gets hell bent for no reason like always because you have nothing better to do.

''Calm your tits, BC. It's early May. The Mariners are still dog shit. :yao:''

That's getting ''hell bent''? lulz.

It's gotten to the point where people are reaching out to me to stop expressing my opinion about you for the better of the site and I couldn't agree more.

This is a total fucking lie lmao. The only reason people would be reaching out to you would be to tell you to stop with your gay fucking neg sprees.

You immediately make me realize I'm arguing with a lowly ass, purposeless seanbrock wannabe *insert your infamous banned slur here* because you can't even take shots at me intelligently despite it being the only thing you've ever worked at. Thanks for the entertainment while it lasted. All great things come to an end.

I hate seanbrock, why the fuck would I want to be like him? :laugh:
And I take plenty good shots at you. If they weren't good, you wouldn't be getting butthurt all the time.
Good job, good effort, BC.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Season Home / Away BB% K% BB/K AVG OBP SLG OPS ISO BABIP 2014 Home 16.9 % 6.2 % 2.75 .608 .677 1.098 1.775 .490 .595

Troy Tulowitzki's stats at home so far this year.

Damn_It,_Janet2.gif

Pirates slowly digging out of that big hole. Could use a nice showing in Milwaukee.

I'm interested in seeing where Samardzija is dealt before the deadline. He is having a great start to the year and would likely be undefeated on a good team.

I'm interested in seeing where Samardzija is dealt before the deadline. He is having a great start to the year and would likely be undefeated on a good team.

My first instinct was to off the cuff say the Yankees. While their pitching stinks overall tbh the Yanks don't really have tons in their farm system that will probably interest the already farm-rich Cubbies. So I am leaning toward either the Orioles or the Blue Jays, or even the Red Sox IF (and only if) they stay as close as they are for another month. With that said it is more likely that some contender has a major injury to a key starter and has to make the tough decision to pick him up (and pay highly for him). I think that type of scenario is most likely.

Edited by southgadawg
  • Upvote 1

Since the beginning of the 2011 season, Andrew McCutchen has 288 RBIs, which is good for 5th in the NL over that time. That's amazing considering how bad the lineup around him has been at times.

• Downvote 1

Jeff Sullivan@based_ball 8h

Since coming off the DL last year, David Price has 172 strikeouts and 19 walks in 27 games

Funny How Price is as good as he's ever been, but people seem to be forgetting about him for some reason.

Jeff Sullivan@based_ball 8h

Since coming off the DL last year, David Price has 172 strikeouts and 19 walks in 27 games

Funny How Price is as good as he's ever been, but people seem to be forgetting about him for some reason.

Bloated ERA I'm guessing. Bet his FIP and xFIP are much lower. *checks fangraphs*