Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

ATL's Mock 69.0

1. :Texans: QB Blake Bortles - Must take a QB here, Clowney may be the best player in this draft, but the Texans still have holes in that secondary that need to be fixed. They have the first pick for a reason. And adding more to a strength while looking away from their biggest weakness at QB would be stupid.

2. :Falcons: (trade) DE/OLB Jadeveon Clowney - I've said it before...and I'll say it again. As long as the Texans don't take Clowney...it's almost a 100% guarantee that Dimitroff trades up with last season's trade partner to get Trufant. Clowney is what the Falcons have been searching for for far too long.

3. :jags: DE/OLB Khalil Mack- Jags miss out on Clowney, but David Caldwell knows very well that Khalil Mack is in the same tier of defensive potential as Clowney. Gus Bradley gets a cornerstone of a slowly improving Jags defense here.

4. :Browns: QB Teddy Bridgewater - Browns could either go the route of Johnny or Teddy here. Personally, I think Teddy would do great things in Cleveland. The allure of Johnny is great, but the Browns want someone that they can depend on...both on and off the field. Teddy to Gordon for 6.

5. :Raiders: QB Johnny Manziel - The place where all players NFL careers go to die right? Raiders don't have issues with taking players with off-field distractions, and possibly give Johnny the best possibility of being himself. Raiders let Johnny be Johnny...and the Raiders gonna Raider.

6. :Rams: (trade) OT Jake Matthews - Sam Bradford is fragile. The offense is young, and on the cusp of being an above average offense. Rams have the QB, they just need to protect him. Matthews is the safest pick in this draft, and the Rams will reap the benefits of the trade with the Falcons here

7. :Bucs: WO Sammy Watkins - Well damn. Bucs don't necessarily need to take a QB, give Glennon a full-offseason and then add Sammy Watkins and a healthy Doug Martin and the Bucs will be alright.

8. :Vikings: QB Derek Carr - Mike Zimmer isn't here to play games. Everybody knows the Vikings need a QB. Is this a bit of a reach? Is it considered a reach if it's a desperate position of need and it's a coherent QB? Zimmer gets a great QB and can focus on putting the remaining pieces around him shortly.

9. :Bills: OT Greg Robinson - Raw, but has quite the ceiling. Bills would do good to protect Manuel and get a mauler to pave running lanes for Spiller and Jackson.

10. :Lions: WO Mike Evans - Too easy right? Stafford gets another WO to bail him out and the Lions offense becomes that much more complicated for opponents.

11. :Titans: DE/OLB Anthony 'Bust' Barr

12. :Giants: TE Eric Ebron

13. :Rams: S Hasean Clinton Dix

14. :Bears: DT Aaron Donald

15. :Steelers: CB Darqueze Dennard

16. :Cowboys: S Calvin Pryor

17. :Ravens: OT Taylor Lewann

18. :Jets: WO Marquise Lee

19. :dolphins: OG Xavier Su'A-Filo

20. :Cardinals: CB Justin Gilbert

21. :Packers: DT Timmy Jernigan

22. :Eagles: ILB CJ Mosely.... FUCK

23. :Chiefs: OT Zack Martin

24. :Bengals: DE/OLB Dee Ford

25. :Chargers: CB Kyle Fuller

26. :Browns: CB Bradley Roby

27. :Saints: OLB Ryan Shazier

28. :panthers: WO Kelvin Benjamin

29. :Patriots: DT Louis Nix

30. :49ers: CB Jason Verett

31. :Broncos: WO Brandin Cooks

32. :Seahawks: OG David Yankey

And weep...

Edited by ATL
  • Upvote 2

for the eagles pick i like you didn't have them getting Cooks(Overrated) or Calvin Pryor.. i been saying all football season i hope Deone Buccanon Lands in Philly in the 2nd round

If CJ Mosely falls to the Packers, I have to expect them to take him, just purely because of BPA. If we take Jernigan with Nix and Mosely on the board, I will be very very sad. Lol

That'd be perfect timing for the Pats to pick up Nix. Can just ease him into things and he'd be the perfect guy to give Wilfork the occasional breather. As for Mosely in Philly, I would love that.

The last pro bowl LBer the Eagles drafted was Jeremiah Trotter in '98. It's time.

Edited by seanbrock

I don't think we'd pass on Watkins if he's there.

You kinda need a QB tho..

Please take a chainsaw to me if that happens.

lol.

one of my good friends is a Falcons fan and he's convinced Pioli and Dimitroff are so obsessed with team captains/goodie goodie leader types that those are for sure their first two picks this year. More so Buchanon than Barr, he's really convinced about Buchanon.

I don't think there's any way we take a receiver in the first round, with big holes at guard, ILB, and needing depth at CB, C, DE, and DT. Pretty sound otherwise though.

Please take a chainsaw to me if that happens.

lol.

one of my good friends is a Falcons fan and he's convinced Pioli and Dimitroff are so obsessed with team captains/goodie goodie leader types that those are for sure their first two picks this year. More so Buchanon than Barr, he's really convinced about Buchanon.

The fact that Pioli is now on board too means they're going to put a lot more value on keeping as many picks as possible and acquiring more, not trading up.

If the Falcons were to trade up to take Clowney I would be horribly disappointed. Who knows it might work out in the long run, but initially my reaction would be of shock and disappointment.

If the Falcons were to trade up to take Clowney I would be horribly disappointed. Who knows it might work out in the long run, but initially my reaction would be of shock and disappointment.

I don't want it to happen either mi amigo...

But the omens are great.

"Raiders don't have issues with taking players with off-field distractions..."

Al's dead. Been dead a while now. Reggie's a high character kinda guy.

"Raiders don't have issues with taking players with off-field distractions..."

Al's dead. Been dead a while now. Reggie's a high character kinda guy.

Interesting.

Welcome to TGP though, hope you stick around. Need more Raiders fans.

The ONLY way the Vikings draft a first round QB is if Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel fall to 8. There's no way Spielman will risk his career on reaching yet again for a quarterback who doesn't belong in the first round.

I'd be hype if the Eagles picked up Mosley. I think he's going to be a pro bowl caliber player without a doubt.

• Upvote 1

I don't like Cooks, at all :nonono: he's so overrated and this is a deep draft for receivers. If we don't go ILB or CB at our pick I'll be really surprised.

I'd be hype if the Eagles picked up Mosley. I think he's going to be a pro bowl caliber player without a doubt.

The last pro bowl LB the Eagles drafted was Jeremiah Trotter in '98 when Ray Rhodes was still coaching this team. It's time.