SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

Funny such a talented writer ended up being a lame ass fucking math teacher :D

Really like the way you're doing the spoilers and everything Steven. Good shit mayne.

Oh and if I might make a suggestion to add campin and butta to the story as scouts without their permission. haha

Edited by seanbrock

Funny such a talented writer ended up being a lame ass fucking math teacher :D

:dry:

Oh and if I might make a suggestion to add campin and butta to the story as scouts without their permission. haha

That has hilarious potential down the road. I shall consider.

Lol the dialog/argument between the two and no endless bounds.

Fancy starting it this week. ?

Less than a week to go!

If anyone wants to be surprised about the structure of the first few chapters (as in, exactly where Part II begins after Part I), don't read the spoiler tags below.

I debated for awhile about how to start Part II and ultimately decided the following: chapter 13 will cover free agency, chapter 14 will cover the draft, and chapter 15 starts the season.

I don't want to make it a yearly tradition to have a "free agency chapter" and "draft chapter" because of the obvious drawback: that's two chapters without on-the-field action. I believe, however, that you guys have enjoyed the writing from Chance Phillips' perspective enough to make it entertaining. And I think the concept of these chapters is too fun not to try once.

There are more positives as well. These chapters won't strictly deal with front office characters. This gives me the opportunity to check in on players during the offseason in some interesting ways. Also, I know you guys enjoyed the war room flashbacks in Part I; now you get an entire chapter of scenes like that.

So, future seasons will probably get straight to the football and communicate significant offseason transactions through flashback, but for now, we get to go through an offseason with the team. Six more days.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Get used to a new weekly trend: official teasers on Mondays. Here's your first of Part II, for chapter 13, titled "Guarded Waters and Open Windows."

Fresh off a hot finish to the 2011 season, the Knights enter free agency with more cap space than ever. Chance Phillips targets a major signing to fix the team's biggest weakness. Da'Jamiroquai Jefferspin-Wilkes and Malik Rose become free agents. Merle Harden prepares to enter a contract year as defensive coordinator.

Word Count: 4,377

• Upvote 2

:ooo:

• Upvote 1

I can always count on Vin. Pretty sure I could announce the permanent cancellation of KoA and he would just be like

That's the face I make when I'm on the toilet.

using the standard 500 words = 1 page, that's 8 and a half pages or so.

:yes:

Ya...I think the average for Part II will end up being 3,000-3,500 words, but the free agency chapter was hard to trim down. A lot happens. :D

I can always count on Vin. Pretty sure I could announce the permanent cancellation of KoA and he would just be like

:no:

Only a few more days of waiting.

Here's your teaser for this Friday's installment, War Room.

With free agency over, one major event stands between the offseason and summer: the 2012 NFL Draft.

Chance Phillips, who was hired largely due to his drafting expertise, approaches the draft differently this year, with the Knights possibly easing out of rebuilding. He and Knights management gather in Los Angeles, armed with endless information on hundreds of draft prospects. Meanwhile, several players keep tabs on the draft while enjoying offseason life.

After nine picks, the Knights go on the clock for the first time. What follows is a draft unlike anything Knights fans have ever seen.

Word Count: 3,516

• Upvote 1

tumblr_lyeduvggIv1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

Below is a legitimate but vague spoiler for tomorrow's chapter, but it may help with understanding of the chapter altogether. Read at your own risk.

Some new characters will be joining the Knights soon. Among the names called at the 2012 draft are fictional characters created by other TGPers. After I post the chapter, I'll return to this thread to post which character is created by who.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Do not read until you've read this week's chapter:

The newest Knights, and the TGPers who created them:

Chase Grodd (BradyFan)

Griswold Johnson (Dmac for HOF)

Damian Jones (Bay)

Marcus Jameson (BigBen)

• Upvote 1

Do you have the exact draft results written down?