Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Trident's Three-Minute Mock from TGP Radio

The Packers go value all the time, and I don't think this will be any different. So I am REALLY on the ILB bandwagon. Not sure if Mosley will pan out, but if he is on the board -- I would have to say that he will be the selection. A perfect blend of need and value that just can't be passed on at that point in the draft.

With that said, if somebody big falls, there is no doubt in my mind the Packers would pounce. That's just what they do.

They value safeties fairly lowly, and would rather find value after Round 1, which is why I think they will ultimately pass on the position early even if Dix or Pryor are still sitting there for whatever reason.

The other potential options I see happening for us are a big NT type to prepare for potential absence of BJ Raji (who sucks anyway) or a trade in either direction. We have too many picks and a couple of the compensatory selections will make it much easier to give up an extra 3rd or what have you if need be to move up... But if they don't like the value at 21, Ted will do what he does and make a trade with New England. lol

Pretty much -- a long winded way of saying... Nice mock, Trident. :laugh:

I haven't done any scouting this year at all, but I love that you drafted the Browns a QB and that Manziel went to the Raiders. Haha.

I don't get why everyone loves Kelvin Benjamin so much. He wasn't even Winston's go-to-guy in the nat'l champ game. I don't really see him being much in the NFL.

Yeah "All Pro" (Noles fans nickname) Rashad Greene was our best WR just like he has been the past few years. Kelvin's super super raw. Poor route runner, inconsistent hands. But the size and athleticism will cause him to go at least by day 2 of the draft. I didn't even have him in the 1st round in my mock and it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't go in the 1st because he's not that good yet. He can definitely be a beast in the red zone though. He'll have his place in the NFL. If he gets a good WR coach who can really hammer home some technique to his game he'll make strides in bunches.

I almost think if someone turned him into a Jimmy Graham type move TE it would be the best for his NFL career.

Roby over Verrett and Fuller? How about a bucket of no. :nope:

it could easily happen. Roby has top ten talent, but he didn't have a good senior year.

it could easily happen. Roby has top ten talent, but he didn't have a good senior year.

Plus NFL teams often draft to projection instead of actual college production, see JPP, Aldon Smith, etc. etc.

I know some people don't like Walterfootball but this is what he said about Eric Ebron

He's the best receiving prospect since Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham came into the league, but even then, teams missed on the evaluations of those players, or those two would have been first-round picks. Ebron's speed and athletic ability makes him look an instant weapon in the passing game. He should have a long career as a pass catcher.

I really didn't watch him at all this year but if he falls to like the middle of the 1st round I kind of want the Pats to move up for him. He seems like a can't miss type of prospect from the reviews he's getting.