Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

^That's awesome man. Do you find yourself becoming more interested in the sport itself, or are you just enjoying watching a sport in such an exciting atmosphere?

It's definitely both. The excitement of the people has opened up the doors for me to learn more about futbol and appreciate it more.

Well Euro 2016 has offically started bois, time to watch a real international competition.

France vs Romania was a great first game and Payet's goal was disgusting. England are playing tonight means beers and probably tears.

• Upvote 1

Costa Rica gonna get rekt tonight. :yep:

Costa Rica gonna get rekt tonight. :yep:

tumblr_o01ojydLTJ1susxi9o1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

Nice job by Rica last night. Hopefully we end up playing Peru in the quarterfinals now.

Almost time for Poland and Germany games! :rock:

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Ticos were eliminated via the U.S. winning before the game even started and Colombia already advanced too so it's obvious they took it pretty lightly. Only problem is they likely gotta face Brazil instead of Ecuador/Peru now. Although I still think this is one of the less impressive Brazil squads in a bit regardless of their destruction of Haiti which... let's just not count that it's Haiti :lol:

Ya, Colombia didn't even have James in or any of their top guys really until the 2nd half when they were trying to tie it up. Still wish they could've forced the tie. I hope the Brazil/Colombia game will be Saturday night. Shit's gonna be lit win or lose.

Ya, Colombia didn't even have James in or any of their top guys really until the 2nd half when they were trying to tie it up. Still wish they could've forced the tie. I hope the Brazil/Colombia game will be Saturday night. Shit's gonna be lit win or lose.

I believe Colombia's game will be Friday if I heard correctly during the USA game. USA will be playing Thursday.

those yellows on Yedlin were absolute garbage, and now we don't have him for the quarterfinals

those yellows on Yedlin were absolute garbage, and now we don't have him for the quarterfinals

The second one I could see, and I also blame Yedlin for being a bit too wreckless knowing he had just picked up that yellow.

The first was unbelievably terrible. The foul calls in general were pretty terrible.

• Upvote 1

nvm... LMAOBRAZIL

• Upvote 2

EXCUSES

Brazil :rog:

Brazil got screwed hard but oh well. USA/Ecuador game Thursday night. Winnable game for sure but I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed.

Poland and Germany got wins yesterday. Poland could have looked a little better though.....

Well Italy and Germany have been the two best looking teams so far, If England hadn't of given up that last gasp goal Id say the same about them. Republic of Ireland started strong and were unlucky against Sweden yesterday too.

I was at the beach this past weekend so didn't see much soccer outside of Payet the god's winning goal. I spent yesterday catching up on some highlights.

Sucks that the Euro games are on while I'm at work. :/

Oh and lolBelgium.

Colombia/Peru Friday night. HYPE HYPE HYPE. :panic:

Colombia/Peru Friday night. HYPE HYPE HYPE. :panic:

I was going to order tickets for that quarterfinals matchup because I was expecting it to be Brazil vs USA/Colombia.

Glad I decided against it. No desire to see Peru :mjlaugh:

It should be a decent game. With that said I wouldn't go out of your way to see it. Colombia should win it. Peru has an OK squad from what I can tell.

Peru is meh y'all should win for sure. Ecuador is actually a harder matchup. Colombia ended up in the best position afterall.

Guess winners (USMNT) don't always win WsbO2iU.png

Ronaldo is a overrated P.O.S.

• Downvote 1

Ronaldo is a overrated P.O.S.

Ronaldo isn't overrated in terms of league and qualification terms as he excells in both of these competitions. When it comes to the main event though (World Cups and Euro Champs) he does seem to vanish. Then again Messi is the same when it comes to the World Cup.

That said Iceland played awesome in the second half, the goal for Bjarnason was really well created and taken even though there was a defensive mistake by Portugal.

Interesting fact: 8% of Iceland's 330,000 population were in St Ettienne last night. Thats how small a nation they are.

• Upvote 1