Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Whatcha Cooking for Gameday?

Post some of your favorite gameday recipes in this thread!

Chicken Tacos

4 boneless chicken breasts, placed in a glass oven pan. Pour a can of black beans over the top, add a bit of water, cover, and throw in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes. Once the chicken is fully cooked, shred it with forks or pullers and add taco seasoning (use a packet or make your own--I prefer to make seasonings and rubs at home).

Get all your veggies and your shells ready, throw some cheese on there, if you like, add whatever sauce you want (I prefer to top tacos with garden salsa and a little bit of ranch) and go to town.

Dry Rubbed Pork Loin

Take pork loin (Hormel or from your local meat market, if possible), liberally apply a loin or rib rub (look 'em up online, mix it, and make any adjustments, additions, or subtractions to your preferred taste). Grill or smoke at low temps until fully cooked, slice, and eat on buns with your favorite BBQ sauce.

I also suggest making your own barbecue sauce. The greatest thing about things like sauces, seasonings, and rubs is that you can adjust them and play with them until you like them best.

• Upvote 1

I kinda feel weird not having any specific gameday foods or rituals.

Heading to the bar as usual :slingblade:

My projected eats...

Ultimate Nachos (I tell them to load it the fuck up with cheese)

TY7GTOWwbrcLSg-640m.jpg

Shrimp cocktail with bruschetta and all that good shit

UuSHu0palxgOpd-640m.jpg

The washdown:

sam-adams-octoberfest.jpg

Will be my first Octoberfest of the year, thank fucking Zeus. Prob will also grab a Maker's Mark or Knob Creek.

Of course you'd grab a knob of some kind, phil... :p

Edited by BwareDWare94

Game Day Sphagetti and Meatballs

Buy a block of Mozzarella, cut into small squares. Take ground beef and surround the squares, making small to medium sized meatballs. Cook slowly in a skillet, turning regularly. Prepare your pasta noodles on the side. Once the meatballs are cooked, add your favorite pasta sauce (anything with mushrooms, for me).

Serve. Simple, quick, creative, and sure to bring people back.

Edited by BwareDWare94

This girl I talk to is a Packers fan so she isn't a real football fan.... But she makes pizza stuffed with cheese and meat every Sunday... That's my gameday food now. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Probably pick up some wings from y knots (best wings I've found in Georgia.) some beer too butt I haven't settled on the kind yet.

so I decided I wanted to actually watch the Titans this week, which required going out somewhere, tried b-dubs, but they were packed, couldn't find a parking space and when there's no parking I figure there's no seating either, so I went to Applebees, got the all you can eat ribs, they weren't great, but they weren't bad and to be able to get plates of ribs throughout the game for 14 bucks is pretty solid

I do prefer to relax some gamedays and order food. Definitely.

Just munched on a meat and cheese tray I put together this week, nothing special. Hopefully next week I have the motivation to make my chili. Have some fresh canned tomatoes on the way and that should be great.

I decided to make chicken quesadillas because SNF sucked so much... Pretty basic, but eh.

Cooked off some chicken breast in a little veggie stock with mushrooms, onions, fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, and then the obvious (salt, pepper, garlic)... Throw into a toasted tortilla with real white / quesadilla cheese for the ultimate buttery / melty texture and flavor.

Fantastic.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Gonna try and make something different every week this year. Last week was homemade shrimp egg rolls (it might be weird for a football game, but fuck you.) Along with some Octoberfest( I see you Piggly :clap: ). This week I'm thinking beer battered onion rings and buffalo wings, along with more Octoberfest of course. :dance:

I think Taco Bell is onto me coming and grabbing handfulls of fire sauce for my homemade gameday bulkup bbq chicken tacos

Edited by BC