oochymp

Which 2-0 team will finish the season with the worst record?

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who finishes with the worst record?

• Bengals
    • Bills
    • Broncos
    • Cardinals
    • Eagles
    • Panthers
    • Texans

Man, I hope Clowney is gonna be good to go...we will need him if things start getting serious!

:yep: Not all too confident in Reed and Mercilus as far as rushing the passer goes. Watt is consistently double and triple teamed, and yet nobody else is getting sacks with only one man to beat.

FTR, I didn't, but sure (okay, maybe a little, I definitely used the opportunity)

anyway, I like the idea of linking this thread, yours will read "I vastly underestimated the Titans" for one month starting at the end of the regular season

Sure, although I haven't. ;)

They seem to be improved from last year.

:yep: Not all too confident in Reed and Mercilus as far as rushing the passer goes. Watt is consistently double and triple teamed, and yet nobody else is getting sacks with only one man to beat.

I'm disappointed with Powe at this point - in preseason, it looked like he was gonna need doubling also.

I am hoping Cushing will be up to speed very soon and he can start sacking the QB. This might help out Mercilus and Reed to a degree as well.

Reed looked good against the 'Skins then went away against the Raiders.

Crennel has got to come up with something if they want to keep up the pressure on the QB - experienced QB's like Eli will take advantage of time in the pocket.

Edited by Wattafan

Sure, although I haven't. ;)

They seem to be improved from last year.

If you'd rather say overrated the Texans that's fine too, I'll let you decide which is more appropriate when the time comes

It's got to be the Bills. 2-0 or not, they haven't went 2-0 looking very good, that's for sure. EJ Manuel is going to sink that ship. Doug Marrone should have drafted his guy last year, Ryan Nassib.

lol EJ has issues but is so much better than Nassib.

pretty clear I'm gonna lose the sig bet I made in here, I'll fulfill as soon as it's a mathematical certainty (right now both teams could finish 6-10, so I'm gonna put it off a bit)

anyway, on the actual question of the thread it looks like the answer is probably going to be the Panthers, who would have guessed they'd implode the way the have?

What's hard to believe about this is Carolina started 2-0.

What's hard to believe about this is Carolina started 2-0.

especially since they were without Cam Newton week 1 and played Detroit week 2

Edited by oochymp

especially since they were without Cam Newton week 1 and played Detroit week 2

'xactly

Coaching boys. Piss poor coaching.

Also being PC and benching Hardy before the court case is decided.

Coaching boys. Piss poor coaching.

Also being PC and benching Hardy before the court case is decided.

This more than anything. The Panthers defense has been so much worse than last year it's not even funny. But at the same time, Hardy should not be this valuable to a defense that was only ranked behind Seattle last season

• Upvote 1

This more than anything. The Panthers defense has been so much worse than last year it's not even funny. But at the same time, Hardy should not be this valuable to a defense that was only ranked behind Seattle last season

This I can explain.

In short- he is.

The Panthers defense last year consisted of journeymen at the secondary positions- safety and CB.

The LB corps and the front four were incredible. They led the NFL in sacks. I believe they led the NFL in QB pressures as well. The inconsistent play of the secondary was masked by the ferocious pass rush we could bring utilizing only four guys and thus being able to drop our amazing LBs into coverage.

Witness the contracts given to Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Mitchell. People confused the Panthers defensive ability entirely. Munnerlyn was rated as the #11 CB overall in the NFL at one point. Any Panthers fan could have told you he was in the bottom third of the league and repeatedly got beat on deep balls.

The Panthers 2013 defense was only good because of their pass rush. If QBs were given any time to throw- see, Panthers @ Saints, Patriots @ Panthers- they were cut to pieces.

You remove Greg Hardy, who was a frequent flier of Double Team Airlines, from that front four, you cause two things to happen. One, you weaken the passrush overall. Two, you cause double teams to be placed on Charles Johnson, who simply is not talented enough to really fight through them. He's a good player when he's not hurt, but he can't take a double team and he is the best pass rusher currently on the team. So the Panthers defense now has very little pressure without bringing a blitz. Anytime we rush four, the opposing QB has plenty of time to pick our journeyman secondary apart.

Make no mistake, the secondary we have this year is not a lot worse than last year's. It is the loss of Greg Hardy that is almost solely responsible for the defensive meltdown we have suffered. It seems amazing that one man could make that much difference, but its how Carolina's defense operates. Without pressure from the front four, well. You can see for yourself.

Sure.

If I'm right your sig will read "I made this thread to mock Texans" and link it. :)

Sig will remain up for a full month.

alright, I'm gonna go ahead and own up to it, clearly the Titans are not coming back to win today

• Upvote 1

even if Carolina wins this weekend they will have the worst record among the 2-0 teams, but will still make the playoffs while others on this list don't

alright, I'm gonna go ahead and own up to it, clearly the Titans are not coming back to win today

it's been a month, so this is now gone

• Upvote 1