Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Who do YOU want?

Of all the upcoming players in the draft, which players are you the highest on and want your team to take? Is there any player you have higher than the others by a wide margin?

I think the Bengals should go for a pass-rusher or another TE. Landon Collins would be great if he drops, but I don't think he'll make it to us. Vic Beasley is another guy I'm a huge fan of; and I wouldn't be shocked if we moved up to get him. He doesn't have any major flaws in his game and the minor things he does wrong can be fixed.

Gresham will most likely be leaving this year so I think going after Florida State's Nick O'Leary.

You'd want the team to take a 3rd first round TE in 6 years? That seems… excessive.

Of the guys I've watched intently, I really like A.J. Cann, Josue Matias, Todd Gurley, and Rashad Greene. But I won't comment on guys who I haven't watched intently yet. And I haven't watched too many so far. Plus I've mostly ignored the blue chippers because I don't think we'll be in position to draft them.

I think Gresham is gonna go, so we'll have a definite need at TE. Haven't looked enough at the other TEs but I really like O'Leary's skill set. IMO best TE in the draft and could be a steal in 2nd.

Texans need a quarterback badly. I want Marcus Mariota, but I think the Texans may have already won too many games for that opportunity. (without trading up) I'd settle for Connor Cook. Pretty much just anybody but Fitzpatrick.

Ole Miss game takeaways

- Poor tackling technique

- Dropped his ass as the ball carrier came his way, which made him lose all momentum and tackling force.

- Pivoted poorly against receivers running deep routes

- Looked all-around like he was doing clean-up duty, not going for the play. If it was intentional, not an issue, but I don't know.

- Seemed to wait for the game to come to him, and made weak tackles deep down the field. Never saw him go up to make a hit. Never saw him transition to go get involved.

Really made me start to question why I was initially so high on him. Dude has good instincts but played piss poor in terms of technique.

Florida game takeaways

- Very good instincts

- Great ball skills, handles it well and plays it correctly

- Major part of his game is being right place right time

- Continued to fail at making downhill tackles

- Waited for play to come his way

- Looked better in coverage, but pretty much stands deep and waits for a long pass.

- Looks like a SS with no ability to play the box. Really doubting him. Doesn't have range/speed to play FS, only the instincts. Could be a mixture between the two, if he improves coverage skills and reaction time.

Current grade: Early 2nd-round

Don't know why I had him like top 15. Dude is a RPRT guy with no ability to go after the play. Waits around for something to happen and plays average coverage. Great positioning and a ball hawk, but not a sure tackler.

Like a less-athletic Jairus Byrd, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I stumbled on to those vids earlier today and watched them. The contrast of where he was hyped and what I saw was striking to say the least. It's only two games of his play and not the whole body but that was the definition of meh.

Well I'll leave out the QB position until Glennon proves otherwise

Randy Gregory, Cedric Ogbuhei. Either of those guys would fill huge needs. Ogbuhei would allow us to move Collins to RG and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I lust Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia but its not a huge need.

Duke Johnson, RB, The U.

Stephon Diggs, WR, Maryland

Duke Johnson, RB, The U.

Stephon Diggs, WR, Maryland

I just watched Duke intently for the first time yesterday (meaning, not just casually taking in a Miami game). I really liked what I saw.

Gonna try to do an hour or two of film today. Gonna watch some Peters, Ekpre-Olomu, Beasley, and some other defensive stars. Will post results.

Ekpre-Olomu is one of the more overrated players in this class based on what I've seen.

On defense:

Danny Shelton

Jordan Phillips

Marcus Peters

Vic Beasley

Arik Armstead

Offense:

Cameron Erving

Ameer Abdullah

Todd Gurley

Green-Beckham

I suspect we will go Defense first this year (having gone offense first and second in both 2013 and 2014). I prefer Phillips over Shelton, but Phillips may not declare. Both players are big guys who show consistent ability to feature excellent pass rush value from the 1/0 technique. Seattle is playing on borrowed time at DT with Mebane. And we've not effectively infused any young talent here, instead signing older vets (McDaniel/Williams). Last year, we added Jesse Williams but he's had a rough stretch of injuries and may not ever make the field.

Beasley is just a wildly talented pass rusher, but not in the prototype mold. Seattle has shown the ability to take those guys and fit their defense to highlight talents like that. Arik Armstead is another really athletic player. Reminds me of a Dion Jordan -- except if he could really play defense.

Marcus Peters is a prototype Seahawk corner. Size, physicality and attitude. Maxwell is undoubtedly going to be signed away. Simon has flashed great quality but like Williams has been snake bit by injury. Lane has been durable for us despite his current injury but he is also a UFA after this year. That could mean losing 4 starter quality CBs in the span of two successive seasons. And Simon will be looking at UFA 2 seasons from now. Adding some day one talent to the secondary could be a real possibility. I would not be surprised to see Seattle take 2 CBs in the upcoming draft with the 9-12 picks we are sure to have.

I believe Erving has been on Seattle's radar since early last year. Cable is fond (overly maybe?) of DL converts to the OL. He likes the athleticism generally associated with those kinds of prospects. I'm not convinced we'll go OT early. The defense has been fairly neglected of late.

Green Beckham is just a home run type of pick. Pete loves to make those kinds of selections. Especially in the back half of the rounds. This team has a ton of similar kinds of red flag prospects that have been turned into professional gold. The atmosphere and quality of the locker room makes these kinds of picks less risky for us.

• Upvote 2

Marcus Peters film

Hawaii

- Monitors the whole play

- Solid tackler coming down hill

- Stays tight on man

- Good awareness to strip the catch from the WR. Tomahawks that shit

- Good tackling technique. Lowers body and rises through

- Great at knocking the ball down if it comes his way

- Jams the receiver at the line well

- Comes back to the play if he is beat short or is deep on an underneath pass

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253584&gif=IgnorantIndolentApisdorsatalaboriosa

Stanford

- Good reads

- Insane fucking awareness and ball skills. Came across field for pick. Completely wrecked the route

- Seems to have a tougher time with speedy guys over the top. If he can't jam them, he is in trouble

- Chased down Ty Montgomery on kickoff that would've been TD. No doubt quick enough to play professionally

- Fights off blocker to stop Hogan on a key 3rd & 1. Did it all by himself