BLUE

UPDATE: Fitzgerald Signs New 2 Yr Contract w/ Cards

It would actually make me happier to see him finish there. Yeah we might have a little cap room to play around with but I'd rather see us continue to develop young'ns for dirt cheap like we've been doing. From a Cardinals perspective it would be a huge bummer to lose perhaps the greatest player in Cardinals history right when they are getting to be the strongest they have ever been. Certainly a top 10 team on the power rankings going into next season I'd imagine.

He'd be one of those special Brian Dawkins/Hines Ward/Reggie Wayne guys if he has his last year fighting with the team he helped raise.

• Upvote 2

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1661/larry-fitzgerald

Cardinals signed WR Larry Fitzgerald to a new two-year, $22 million contract through 2016.

Fitzgerald was originally set to count a whopping $23.6 million against the 2015 cap. The new deal clears about $13 million. In exchange, Fitzgerald is guaranteed $11 million per year over the next two seasons and locked in with Arizona through his age-33 campaign. That will give Fitzgerald a chance to retire a member of the Cardinals. Prior to the new contract, the Cardinals were projected about $12 million over the cap. They now need to figure out what to do with LE Darnell Dockett's $9.8 million cap hit.

He's very loyal. He could have forced his way out if he wanted to. He's probably got 2 more good years in him before he declines.

He's already declining... But ya, this is why I will never feel bad for him if he doesn't get a ring. I commend him for his loyalty because it's happened in an era that doesn't really reward loyalty... But he has had so many chances to leave and compete for a championship and yet he keeps signing extensions and now taking pay cuts to stay with Zona. Good for him, his happiness is really all that matters.

• Upvote 1