Dutch

Top 10 QB's 2015

Wilson over Luck at this point is hilarious too... We all know who runs that Seattle offense.

ifzin.jpg

I can't recall a single playoff victory for the Seahawks that was mostly due to Russell Wilson. He's not 6-2 in the playoffs, that goddamn incredible + Marshawn Lynch is.

...Why can't we just say, the team is responsible for the 6-2 record?

I do agree with Bangy that Wilson has become underrated though, mostly due to the team he plays for, and the talent around him.

As long as I'm around Dangeruss will never be underrated.

As long as I'm around Dangeruss will always be overrated.

Can agree to first 9 minus Peyton. Leaves Flacco Cam MattRyan Stafford RyanT and Eli.

Flacco has an incredibly inconsistent game and makes foolish mistakes that result in times where he'll throw 4 picks in a single game. From a pure arm talent perspective he's easily better but as a total package Teddy is a better QB. He grows and learns from mistakes. Flacco doesn't.

Same can be said about Stafford with his errant passing. He has improved, but not to the point of being a top 10 QB.

Eli got better from last year, but has never been one to make good decisions and learn. When Eli runs hot he runs hot, but he is not the guy you want at QB leading your team.

Tannehill is barely top 15, if he even is. Explain your thought process.

Can see an argument for Russ, Cam, and Matty Ice. Not gonna get into that one as I hold them in around the same ranking. Definitely wasn't considering Cam until you mentioned him. Good when healthy.

Um......care to explain that one.

Peyton Manning is garbage.

Easy.

Peyton Manning is garbage.

Easy.

Yet you guys would be shit without him.

• Upvote 1

I have not looked at earlier posts in this thread, might do it later if I have time, but I thought it'd be fun to start from the last list I made for one of these threads, which is from last April, should be interesting:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Andrew Luck
8. Joe Flacco
9. Russell Wilson
10. Tony Romo

actually not awful, but there are definitely things that need to be changed, here's where I'd rank them now:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Phillip Rivers (why wasn't he on my list last spring?)

6. Peyton Manning

7. Andrew Luck

8. Russell Wilson

9. Tony Romo

10. Eli Manning

Edited by oochymp

I have not looked at earlier posts in this thread, might do it later if I have time, but I thought it'd be fun to start from the last list I made for one of these threads, which is from last April, should be interesting:

actually not awful, but there are definitely things that need to be changed, here's where I'd rank them now:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Phillip Rivers (why wasn't he on my list last spring?)

6. Peyton Manning

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Andrew Luck

9. Russell Wilson

10. Tony Romo

Ben pulled a Watt and made the list twice.

• Upvote 1

What did Eli Manning do to fall so far on your list, oochymp? This was a pretty strong year from him IMO. Also Big Ben is good, but not sure he's good enough to take up 2 spots on a list. :)

I'll do mine. Basing my list off the old "your team needs to win or you die" premise.

1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. Brees

4. Roethlisberger

5. Rivers

6. Eli

7. Flacco

8. Romo. GREAT year from him, need a few more like that and I'll feel good about bumping him up.

9. Matty Ice

10. Fuck it, give me Cam

Wilson and Luck fumble too much. Don't trust Wilson without Lynch and Luck is addicted to throwing picks in the playoffs. Cam would EASILY be the Wilson of the NFL if he was on the Seahawks.

I get why ppl are so enamored with Luck. He's got all the physical and mental tools. But my thing with him is too often he'll follow up an amazing play or series with a boneheaded play. He's wayy too boom or bust.

Stafford also fumbles a ton, and don't trust without Megatron. Terrible game and situation awareness from him. In the Pats game this year on 4th down he scrambled and slid a solid yard short of the 1st down marker when his team needed it.

Last time we saw Peyton he literally could not throw more than 15 yards. Also choke artist. I'm not committing suicide here.

Edited by RevisFan81

oops on BigBen, not sure how that happened, I did do a lot of tweaking, as for Eli, it's not so much what he did to fall as what other QBs did to move up, I dropped him four spots, the four guys I moved ahead of him were Rivers, Luck, Wilson, and Romo, I probably should have put Romo higher after his great season, but I hate Cowboys (at least I'll admit it) Wilson and Luck probably would have been ahead of him last year except for lack of experience, and Rivers should have been ahead of him last year but I must have forgotten about him on the last list

Edited by oochymp

Um......care to explain that one.

Peyton is wildly inconsistent with his passing. Can't throw 20 yard spirals anymore. Just in general turns to shit nowadays when he can't throw short passes. See: Superbowl

Yet you guys would be shit without him.

I'd ask you to stop spreading lies in this topic, k thanks.

being in the top 5th of all QB's in the NFL still puts him in the 15-18 range. Even lower when you consider the QB's on practice squads and such.

Razor is just sore about Manning. There is no reasoning with him :nope:

being in the top 5th of all QB's in the NFL still puts him in the 15-18 range. Even lower when you consider the QB's on practice squads and such.

Lemme rephrase that...

Manning right now is still better than 80% of the starting QBs in the NFL...

Not in the last 8 games of the year. The last 8 games including the playoff game he had 11 TD, 8 INT and a passer rating of about 84. That's average-below average. He was a different QB from that Rams game onward.

I'm pretty sure he was playing that last month of the season with an injury worse then just normal season wear and tear. Plus we all know about playoff Manning even when healthy...

A QB who is only good half the season is not a top ten QB. It doesn't work like that.Sure starting 6-1 is great, but after losing to the Pats, Manning reverted fiercely. We almost gave away the first Raiders game, if not for CJ Anderson digging Throwmore out of a massive hole with his YAC. YAC is kind of all our offense has to offer with Peyton, and any team that has a physical secondary (Colts, Seahawks, Patriots, the fucking Jaguars) can disrupt our offense. We're hamstrung by our 40 year old QB because routes further than 10 yards down the field are impossible throws for the old man. He has no zip to his throws anymore. We're an above average team in nearly every category otherwise, our receivers are playmakers, our running game is legit with CJ Anderson, our offensive line... will probably be alright with Kubiak, but we need to wait and see on that front (the constant switching up was nasty). The defense has a lot of talent, but I feel like Jack Del Rio wasn't optimizing what they could do because of his stop the run priority philosophy.

A QB who is only good half the season is not a top ten QB. It doesn't work like that.Sure starting 6-1 is great, but after losing to the Pats, Manning reverted fiercely. We almost gave away the first Raiders game, if not for CJ Anderson digging Throwmore out of a massive hole with his YAC. YAC is kind of all our offense has to offer with Peyton, and any team that has a physical secondary (Colts, Seahawks, Patriots, the fucking Jaguars) can disrupt our offense. We're hamstrung by our 40 year old QB because routes further than 10 yards down the field are impossible throws for the old man. He has no zip to his throws anymore. We're an above average team in nearly every category otherwise, our receivers are playmakers, our running game is legit with CJ Anderson, our offensive line... will probably be alright with Kubiak, but we need to wait and see on that front (the constant switching up was nasty). The defense has a lot of talent, but I feel like Jack Del Rio wasn't optimizing what they could do because of his stop the run priority philosophy.

Actually, Peyton was 2nd in the league in air yards; the total distance the football is thrown to the point of the reception. Drew Brees led with 2,733 and Peyton came 2nd with 2,711. Seeing as though Brees threw a lot more than Peyton, Peyton's air yards percentage was higher; 57.4% (best in the league) to Brees 55.2%. So that shows that Peyton was doing a solid job being accurate connecting with his receivers putting in work before the receiver took over with yac yardage. D.T had 680 yac but also 939 yards at the point of the catch which is Peyton putting the ball on him through the air.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

It's the offseason so here we go:

1. :Packers: Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers is the undisputed best QB in the league. The level he is playing at is astronomical. No one on the planet can do what this guy does.

2. :Patriots: Tom Brady

3. :Colts: Andrew Luck

4. :Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger

5. :Broncos: Peyton Manning

6. :Saints: Drew Brees

7. :Cowboys: Tony Romo

8. :Chargers: Philip Rivers

9. :Falcons: Matt Ryan

10. :Ravens: Joe Flacco

Edit: Removed Wilson for Flacco.

#10. :Giants: Eli Manning

Looking back at some of the all 22 film, I have to give Eli some props and put him on my list and take off Flacco. I think Ben McAdoo's west coast offense and getting the ball out quicker was a great move for Eli and will continue probably moving forward. Eli quietly had a really good season.

Edited by Dutch