Sign in to follow this  
theMileHighGuy

Rivalry rekindled, Broncos vs. Raiders

Recently a story came across my desk and I was very hesitant to publish it but now that I have confirmed with key sources I can. Jack Del Rio came very close to beating up John Elway..Yes that's right Del Rio was going to smash up Elways face. Why? Because Elway was upset Del Rio did not beat The Patriots and Elway did like that Del Rio was "pushing the guys too hard" John Elway is never talked about in a bad way but I can assure you this guy has a ego like many have never seen before.
One afternoon in the locker room Elway came in confronted Del Rio for various reasons in front of some players (about 3) and coaching staff and "Elways back up guys" Elway started to yell in Del Rio's face but Elway did not know what he was getting himself into. Del Rio charged Elway and grabbed him by the throat and then Elways guys quickly separated the two but from what I hear Del Rio was man handling Elway.. Del Rio thought it was disrespectful to come at him and start telling him how he should coach and berate him in front of people like "he was a 10 year old boy" Elway threaten to fire Del Rio when the two were arguing and the low blow came when Elway said "This is Not Jacksonville, This is Denver I don't accept this kind of play"
The two were quickly separated but sources tell me if it lasted 2 more seconds Elway would of been crying in the corner begging for forgiveness. To Elways credit though he did apologize to Del Rio but ever since that little scuffle the 2 basically hated each other and I can also confirm Elway did send Del Rio some sort of text saying along the lines of "have fun in Oakland, can't wait to beat you twice a year"......This story has been around for awhile yet never really told, I do know guys like Greg Papa know about it..So to Raider Nation when Del Rio's Oakland Raiders line up against The Broncos in 2015 remember it was always a rivalry but now..It's personal

http://theraidersdaily.sportsblog.com/posts/1768331/john_elway_vs_jack_del_rio.html

This was obviously released from the Raiders camp, but I think it's true. Pretty funny. I'm sure if JDR would've kicked the shit out of Elway in the locker room, that would've made headlines. Shame, would've made last season more interesting. Should do wonders for the rivalry, as long as JDR is there for more than a year or two.

John Elway is a self-satisfied sandtwat with a gargantuan ego derived from how monumentally overrated he is because of a couple of Super Bowls with stacked teams. I wish Del Rio would have busted his fucking nose.

• Upvote 1

That might actually make him look better, Bware.

This is just too perfect, I am looking forward to caving in the Raiders even more now.

Hey, if I was the greatest QB of a decade I would be pretty smug too.

Good news for him, it seems like he hired a really likeable, obedient dog as his new coach.

• Upvote 1

Jack won the fight, but lost the war.

Did he really though? He doesn't have to take Peyton Manning into the playoffs anymore...

Except for the fact that... Nevermind. Ya, he lost the war.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

49ers had better QB's than Elway in the 80's and 90's.

I'll fight you.

• Upvote 1

You'd still be wrong razor :smug:

I'll put you in the ground, Cherry. Don't mess with me.

• Upvote 1