Favre4Ever

Aaron Rodgers On Pace To Shatter Record Book

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2491952-at-current-pace-aaron-rodgers-is-on-track-to-shatter-most-qb-records?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Granted, the article is A) from BR and B) Has to take some liberties regarding how long he will play. But it's quite interesting, regardless, to see just how great he really is. The article has more charts and stuff, so it might be worth clicking.

Rodgers isn't just the highest-rated qualified passer in NFL history, but no other quarterback is within eight points of his 106.0 rating. The gap that separates Rodgers from second-place Tony Romo is about the same as the gap that separates Romo from Matt Schaub, who ranks 13th all-time with a rating of 89.5.

Put it this way: If Rodgers were to start for seven more years and put up the exact numbers from his lowest-rated full season (93.8 in 2008) in all seven seasons, he'd still wind up with a career passer rating of 99.7, which right now would still be the highest rating of all time.

For every interception Rodgers throws, he throws 3.96 touchdown passes. Next on the all-time list among quarterbacks with at least 1,500 pass attempts is Brady, at 2.74. The gap that separates Rodgers from Brady is about the same as the gap that separates Brady from Cam Newton, who ranks 26th all-time with a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 1.52.

Edited by Favre4Ever

What makes all these great numbers and incredible efficiency so impressive is how much Rodgers is sacked. He's been one of the most sacked QB's in the league every year since he took over the starting job and yet he manages to not only make big plays, but to also complete a high number of passes but he takes care of the football. I don't think there's ever been. Best of all is he plays just as well in the post season as he does the regular season and the stats back that up.

Throw the numbers out the window though. He can make any throw you need him to whether it's on the run or from the pocket and he does so with pinpoint accuracy most of the time. He's extremely adept at escaping pressure and although he always has his eyes down field, he can move well enough to hurt teams in a big way with his legs. He's no Russell Wilson or Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick in this regard, but he's also as dangerous or more so in that way than any pocket passer not named Steve Young in league history.

He has a strong case already to be the best QB in league history.

His TD:Int ratio and YPA stats are what impress me. Also have to note that the o-line is a lot better now and intact for at least another 3 years, while the offense is fully loaded outside of TE. He should continue putting up great numbers, but needs at least another ring or 2 before being considered the GOAT.

His TD:Int ratio and YPA stats are what impress me. Also have to note that the o-line is a lot better now and intact for at least another 3 years, while the offense is fully loaded outside of TE. He should continue putting up great numbers, but needs at least another ring or 2 before being considered the GOAT.

Eh, I think in a case like Peyton, where he has the stats but has flopped a bunch of times in the post season that argument is there, but with Rodgers I just don't think Green Bay has done a good enough job of putting the talent around him. Rodgers has almost always aside from a game or two been great in the playoffs. Football is such a team sport that you need to have a great supporting cast to win a super bowl no matter who the QB is. If Green Bay can ever give Rodgers a top flight defense though, I would NOT bet against the Green Bay Packers lol.

• Upvote 1

Eh, I think in a case like Peyton, where he has the stats but has flopped a bunch of times in the post season that argument is there, but with Rodgers I just don't think Green Bay has done a good enough job of putting the talent around him. Rodgers has almost always aside from a game or two been great in the playoffs. Football is such a team sport that you need to have a great supporting cast to win a super bowl no matter who the QB is. If Green Bay can ever give Rodgers a top flight defense though, I would NOT bet against the Green Bay Packers lol.

We all know what happened the season where their defense was incredible.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers is unquestionably the best out there right now, and that's in the same league as Brady, Ben, manning, and Brees. That's saying something right there in itself. The things Rodgers does week in and week out ate nothing short of amazing. Watching the throes this guy makes on a regular basis is purrty great. We're lucky to see it. It's ALMOST like when we (some of us) got to grow up watching Barry Sanders.

Who knows if he'll be regarded as the best ever. To much time from now until then. He's definitely got a shot at it.