Sell. Brady is a machine and him going under 1.9ish touchdowns on average a game is a bit unlikely. I could see him hitting low 30's though.

B/S: Kenbrell Thompkins is the offensive rookie of the year

Sell. It'll be either Gio Bernard or one of the Packers RB's. Maybe even EJ Manuel.

B/S: Le'Veon Bell rushes for 500 yards this season.

Sell. It'll be either Gio Bernard or one of the Packers RB's. Maybe even EJ Manuel.

B/S: Le'Veon Bell rushes for 500 yards this season.

Sell. Foot injuries don't seem to go away in season, these days. I won't be surprised if I'm wrong, though.

Buy or Sell: Jay Ratliff has a "return to form" sort of year at DT in the 4-3.

Sell. Foot injuries don't seem to go away in season, these days. I won't be surprised if I'm wrong, though.

Buy or Sell: Jay Ratliff has a "return to form" sort of year at DT in the 4-3.

Sure, buy.

B/S: Daryl Richardson shocking everyone and leading the NFCW in rushing

Sure, buy.

B/S: Daryl Richardson shocking everyone and leading the NFCW in rushing

Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore in the same division? Sell.

B/S: T.Y. Hilton leads AFC in receiving TD's.

Sell. Too many receivers to be counting on T.Y. to lead. Personally, I think he has as much opportunity as any top 20 AFC receiver. Remember James Jones leading league last year? Exactly.

B/S: Reggie Bush finishes the year statistically as a top 5 RB

Sell. Too many receivers to be counting on T.Y. to lead. Personally, I think he has as much opportunity as any top 20 AFC receiver. Remember James Jones leading league last year? Exactly.

B/S: Reggie Bush finishes the year statistically as a top 5 RB

Sell. Detroit doesn't run the ball, and Detroit plays a lot of good defenses this coming season (Minny twice, Chicago twice, Arizona, Cincinatti, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and NYG). That's 11 out of 16 games against defenses that range from exceptionally good to elite. I don't see Detroit's rushing attack doing much, honestly. They also play an up and coming defense in Cleveland, and who knows how good Washington or Philly's defenses will be. The Lions could be looking at a really rough season, running the ball.

Buy or Sell: Rob Ryan improves the Saints defense to about a top 20 mark. Though it looks less than impressive, it's a significant improvement from last season.

Buy. Nowhere to go but up for the Saints,, eyeing the bottom third of the rankings seems about right, even for an overrated Ryan.

Buy or Sell: Cristian Ponder steps up and becomes the passer the Vikings are going to need to advance to the next level of the playoffs.

~Bang

Buy. Nowhere to go but up for the Saints,, eyeing the bottom third of the rankings seems about right, even for an overrated Ryan.

Buy or Sell: Cristian Ponder steps up and becomes the passer the Vikings are going to need to advance to the next level of the playoffs.

~Bang

Buy/Sell Buy that he takes them to the playoffs, Sell that he's "The Guy" for MINN

Buy or Sell: Joe Flacco leads the Ravens back to the playoffs (Sorry if this one's been done already, but I'm not in the mood to read through 11 pages.)

Buy.

B/S: Drew Brees wins the MVP award.

Buy.

B/S: Drew Brees wins the MVP award.

Sell. Call me crazy, but I actually think Brees is a tad overrated. He throws a lot of picks, and people don't realize that. He had as many picks as Romo had last year (19), but I didn't hear anyone crucifying him for it.

Buy or Sell: The Atlanta Falcons don't win the NFC South, and barely make the playoffs.

Sell. Call me crazy, but I actually think Brees is a tad overrated. He throws a lot of picks, and people don't realize that. He had as many picks as Romo had last year (19), but I didn't hear anyone crucifying him for it.

You're crazy.

Brees had 15 more TD passes than Romo with only 22 more passes attempted on the season. Do the math.

Buy or Sell: The Atlanta Falcons don't win the NFC South, and barely make the playoffs.

Sell: The Falcons may not win the division, but I think they're obvious playoff contenders.

Buy/Sell: Two teams from the AFC West making the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Trying to compare Tony Romo to Drew Brees... It's hard to argue that any QB has played better than Brees in the last yew years. The only QB that is a lock is Rodgers in my opinion. Romo doesn't come close to those guys.

You're crazy.

Brees had 15 more TD passes than Romo with only 22 more passes attempted on the season. Do the math.

Sell: The Falcons may not win the division, but I think they're obvious playoff contenders.

Buy/Sell: Two teams from the AFC West making the playoffs.

Sell. Think the Wild Cards come out of the North and South.

Buy or Sell: David Wilson rushes for 1000 yards.

The elite quarterbacks are not THAT much better than the rest of the QBs in the top 10. They're just a bit more consistent with prolific performance. They're better, no doubt, but we put too many players on pedestals, these days. The only NFL player who sufficiently separates himself from anybody else at his position is Calvin Johnson.

Buy, as long as Wilson stays healthy.

Buy or Sell: The Falcons lose to both Carolina and Tampa Bay this coming season, but sweep the Saints.

The elite quarterbacks are not THAT much better than the rest of the QBs in the top 10. They're just a bit more consistent with prolific performance. They're better, no doubt, but we put too many players on pedestals, these days. The only NFL player who sufficiently separates himself from anybody else at his position is Calvin Johnson.

I think if you replace Drew Brees with Romo on the Cowboys they have more success. Also, I think Adrian Peterson has a larger disparity between him and the next guy more so than Calvin Johnson.

Buy, as long as Wilson stays healthy.

Buy or Sell: The Falcons lose to both Carolina and Tampa Bay this coming season, but sweep the Saints.

Sell. I think the Saints will be back to form this season.

Buy or Sell: Danny Amendola reaches 8 passing TDs.

I'll buy that.

B/S: Aaron Rodgers throws 10 INTs.

I'll buy that.

B/S: Aaron Rodgers throws 10 INTs.

Buy

Buy Or Sell: Adrian Peterson breaks the rushing record

I think if you replace Drew Brees with Romo on the Cowboys they have more success. Also, I think Adrian Peterson has a larger disparity between him and the next guy more so than Calvin Johnson.

Sell. I think the Saints will be back to form this season.

Buy or Sell: Danny Amendola reaches 8 passing TDs.

Well, we know AP's the best, but it's not like Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster, and Jamaal Charles aren't damn good, too. Are they in the discussion for #1? No, but the drop off is only in inflated statistics, not so much in wins and losses and TDs.

However, if another player must be on a pedestal, it is definitely Peterson. Every other position is wide open, though.

FWIW, Drew Brees went 7-9 with a shitty defense and coaching staff, Tony Romo went 8-8 with a shitty defense and coaching staff. It really makes no difference, but both teams had nothing at their disposals at the end of the season last year. I don't think Romo is as good as Brees, but I don't think they're separated by as much as you were implying with "nowhere close to Brees" or however you said it. Tony Romo's the 7th or 8th best QB in the league, Drew is 4th or 5th. It's not that drastic.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Sell on AP. I don't see it happening.

Buy or Sell: Morris Claiborne breaks out and becomes a top 5 corner.

Well, we know AP's the best, but it's not like Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster, and Jamaal Charles aren't damn good, too. Are they in the discussion for #1? No, but the drop off is only in inflated statistics, not so much in wins and losses and TDs.

However, if another player must be on a pedestal, it is definitely Peterson. Every other position is wide open, though.

FWIW, Drew Brees went 7-9 with a shitty defense and coaching staff, Tony Romo went 8-8 with a shitty defense and coaching staff. It really makes no difference, but both teams had nothing at their disposals at the end of the season last year. I don't think Romo is as good as Brees, but I don't think they're separated by as much as you were implying with "nowhere close to Brees" or however you said it. Tony Romo's the 7th or 8th best QB in the league, Eli is 4th or 5th. It's not that drastic.

Defense that gives up 440 yards per game is shitty, actually the worst ever. Your defense was in top 20, giving up almost 100 yards less.

• Upvote 1

Romo had a below average defense, not a shitty one.

Just because Romo might be in the top-10, and I'm not even sure of that, doesn't mean there isn't a large gap between him and the top-5 or so. There's a clear difference between the Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Manning guys and those below them.

• Upvote 1

Calvin Johnson stats are definitely inflated more so than Petersons. The dead catches when the game didn't matter; being forced the ball during dead time. Petersons carries were vital all the way up until his last run that got his team into the playoffs. I think the drop off is greater from Adrian Peterson to the #2 guy compared to Calvin Johnson and the #2 guy. Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson aren't too far off of Calvin Johnson and personally, I'd still probably would pick Larry. You feed Larry or Andre Johnson the ball as much as Calvin Johnson and you may see similar stats. I can't say that about a RB in the league. I can't say with confidence that another RB could carry Adrian Peterson's load the way he did and have similar production.

FWIW, Drew Brees went 7-9 with a shitty defense and coaching staff, Tony Romo went 8-8 with a shitty defense and coaching staff. It really makes no difference, but both teams had nothing at their disposals at the end of the season last year. I don't think Romo is as good as Brees, but I don't think they're separated by as much as you were implying with "nowhere close to Brees" or however you said it. Tony Romo's the 7th or 8th best QB in the league, Drew is 4th or 5th. It's not that drastic.

You're really trying to compare the Cowboys defense to the worst defense in the history of the entire NFL? lol... There's no comparison and has no room for a debate lol. Just because numbers 6-10 seems close to the top 4 QBs in the league, the skill disparity is huge. Romo is dam good, but he's not great.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 2

Fair enough. I'd forgotten about the absurd point totals allowed by the Saints at the end of last year. Either way, a complete lack of an offensive line has killed Romo, too, not just the bad defense.

And I wouldn't go so far as to call the injury depleted defense at the end of the year "average." They were awful.

Fair enough. I'd forgotten about the absurd point totals allowed by the Saints at the end of last year. Either way, a complete lack of an offensive line has killed Romo, too, not just the bad defense.

And I wouldn't go so far as to call the injury depleted defense at the end of the year "average." They were awful.

Going to sell. I believe Morris Claiborne will be a good corner in this league but not top 5. Or at least next year.

Buy or Sell: Julius Peppers records 11 sacks.

Depending on who you ask, Brees is a top 3 QB. Romo isn't in the top 10, as far as actually producing goes. Romo will get you #s, but not KEY VICTORIES! How many games could he have won with the playoffs on the line, if he doesn't choke like last year? He has one playoff win, and he has had a lot of offensive weapons. He's had: Witten, Austin, TO, Murray, Felix Jones, etc.