BwareDWare94

The Table of Pessimism

Did your team win in week 1? Use this thread to tell us why they're still going to suck.

well, we won, but we were playing one of the shittiest teams in the league with a rookie QB making his first start, we've got a pretty good chance of winning again this week because we play another shitty team in Cleveland with possibly a worse QB than the rookie we just played, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the wins while we're getting them because eventually we're gonna run out of shitty teams to play, which looks like it happens after next week when we go into a five week stretch of Indy, Bye, Buffalo, Miami, Atlanta, all four of those are home games, but I could still see us starting 2-0 and being 2-4 at the end of week 7, what I'm trying to say is get ready to see the worst 2-0 team since the 2013 Texans

Edited by oochymp

Rams have no receivers and a mediocre O-line. Also Foles at QB.

Bengals have Andy Dalton.

well, we won, but we were playing one of the shittiest teams in the league with a rookie QB making his first start, we've got a pretty good chance of winning again this week because we play another shitty team in Cleveland with possibly a worse QB than the rookie we just played, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the wins while we're getting them because eventually we're gonna run out of shitty teams to play, which looks like it happens after next week when we go into a five week stretch of Indy, Bye, Buffalo, Miami, Atlanta, all four of those are home games, but I could still see us starting 2-0 and being 2-4 at the end of week 7, what I'm trying to say is get ready to see the worst 2-0 team since the 2013 Texans

Teams that start 2-0 have something like a 40% chance of making the playoffs.

Yes, Dallas won, but if Eli weren't such a tard, they would have lost. Plus, they lost Dez, Randy Gregory, and Ron Leary. Bernadeau is a decent backup to Leary, so I don't see the o-line dropping off, but Dez being out is huge. Gregory was the place-holder until Hardy comes off suspension, so I don't see Dallas having much of a pass rush for the next few weeks. (But man, when both those guys come back, look out.)

Edited by BenGone

Let's not kid ourselves, the 49ers winning means nothing. Look at our division first off, strong.

Bradford looked pretty sharp for the most part when protected, but he looked a little scared in the first half. It also seemed as though his old woes from St. Louis were coming back to haunt him in that he just doesn't throw the ball down field. It's not that he doesn't have the arm. He does, I mean he doesn't have a cannon but he can make all the throws pretty accurately when his feet are set and has good protection. I just hope he can continue to improve in the offense and shake off the rust a little. He only played in like 4 series in the pre-season.

Defensively, I thought Maxwell could be a low end number 1 CB, but with a strong pass rush he wouldn't have to be great, well, he couldn't cover anyone. Roddy White is a very good receiver but he's pretty old and obviously Julio Jones is right up there as one of the 3-5 best WR's in the game, but he just looked awful. I was already worried about Carroll, but he did ok. Probably because everybody was beating Maxwell.

The lack of a push in the inside run game is disturbing. the power sweeps worked because Kelce is great and so our both our tackles but there was no movement on inside runs. Really is ashame we couldn't work things out with Mathis because he took a pay cut to leave when he wanted a raise to stay. I think we would have been a lot better on the ground if Mathis were on this team.