oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

Well if you're rooting for them, they'll just end up going on a tear only to lose in the Stanley Cup Final. :smug:

You're giving them far too much credit. Choking before reaching the SCF is their MO.

The Stars are loaded. What a scary team.

Shayne Gostisbehere is kinda good.

• Upvote 1

Shayne Gostisbehere is kinda good.

Such a refreshing sight to see young talent in Philly.

Jarome Ig-win-la heating up

DC media is trying it's hardest to jinx the Caps....

DC media is trying it's hardest to jinx the Caps....

I don't get into the jinx talk, regardless of what happens in the playoffs this team is putting together an insane season and that should be enjoyed for however long it lasts

I don't get into the jinx talk, regardless of what happens in the playoffs this team is putting together an insane season and that should be enjoyed for however long it lasts

Have you met Razor? The jinx is real and it must be combated, Oochy.

Remember the last time the Caps put up a shit ton of points during the regular season?

sc1-1.jpg

capslose-1.jpg

:rog:

Honestly does having ''an insane'' regular season even matter that much? The regular season is honestly such a drag with 82 games I can't even pay that much attention to it anymore. Just find a way to get the fuck into the playoffs, and play your best hockey from there on out.

Remember the last time the Caps put up a shit ton of points during the regular season?

Honestly does having ''an insane'' regular season even matter that much? The regular season is honestly such a drag with 82 games I can't even pay that much attention to it anymore. Just find a way to get the fuck into the playoffs, and play your best hockey from there on out.

well, did you enjoy watching a team go 16-0 in spite of not winning the Super Bowl?

It'd certainly be disappointing if we flame out in the playoffs, but I don't think it would take everything away from how ridiculous we've been this season. In 2010 we had a really good team, this year we have a truly great team. If you think this Caps team is the same as the one from 2010 you haven't been watching the Caps (not that I'd blame you, there are a lot of games, I don't watch many non-Caps games) we're not just scoring a shit ton of goals (like we did in 2010) we're also not allowing goals. In 2009-10 we led the league in goals scored and were .55 goals per game ahead of number 2, but we were also middle of the pack in goals against, this year we're leading the league in goals per game by a much smaller margin (.09 goals per game, who knows if that'll even hold up) but we're also top 3 in goals against and that's without key pieces of our defense for most of the season. We're also not nearly as reliant on our stars as we were five years ago, I don't have stats to back that up (because it's tougher to look up the line-by-line breakdown) but anyone following the Caps will back me up on that. Those are both huge pieces that should give us a much better chance of advancing in the playoffs than in years past. We're on pace to threaten records for wins and points. I understand the 'prove it in the playoffs' mentality that a lot of people have with regards to the Caps, but this year's team really has been that much better than any Capitals team I've watched.

Edited by oochymp

Fans of sub .500 teams talking shit :mjlaugh:

It's funny because the 09-10 Habs were a sub .500 team :yao:

well, did you enjoy watching a team go 16-0 in spite of not winning the Super Bowl?

Yeah, but they didn't get the job done in the end, which is what I'll remember the most. 16-0 was cool, but I don't treasure it any where close to a SB victory.

It'd certainly be disappointing if we flame out in the playoffs, but I don't think it would take everything away from how ridiculous we've been this season. In 2010 we had a really good team, this year we have a truly great team. If you think this Caps team is the same as the one from 2010 you haven't been watching the Caps (not that I'd blame you, there are a lot of games, I don't watch many non-Caps games) we're not just scoring a shit ton of goals (like we did in 2010) we're also not allowing goals. In 2009-10 we led the league in goals scored and were .55 goals per game ahead of number 2, but we were also middle of the pack in goals against, this year we're leading the league in goals per game by a much smaller margin (.09 goals per game, who knows if that'll even hold up) but we're also top 3 in goals against and that's without key pieces of our defense for most of the season. We're also not nearly as reliant on our stars as we were five years ago, I don't have stats to back that up (because it's tougher to look up the line-by-line breakdown) but anyone following the Caps will back me up on that. Those are both huge pieces that should give us a much better chance of advancing in the playoffs than in years past. We're on pace to threaten records for wins and points. I understand the 'prove it in the playoffs' mentality that a lot of people have with regards to the Caps, but this year's team really has been that much better than any Capitals team I've watched.

Bruh, don't over analyze things lol. I wasn't truly comparing and contrasting Caps teams, just pointing out how big of a failure they've been in the postseason. With all the success they've had in the regular season, it's pretty pathetic that they still haven't made the ECF in the Ovechkin era.

Orpik's statline tonight: 1 goal, 1 assist, +4, in a 4-3 game that's insane

Oilers pls. Intersting story, Cody McLeod of the Avs and Matt Hendricks of the Oilers are really good friends so when the Oilers are in Denver they don't fly out after the game, so Matt will stay at Codys house and every so often they will fight and then laugh about it after the game :lol: via codys wife from a interview in the seats. Thought that was hilarious

Orpik's statline tonight: 1 goal, 1 assist, +4, in a 4-3 game that's insane

Kuznetsov though....

If you can’t enjoy this Capitals season, maybe sports fandom isn’t for you - The Washington Post

You’re arguing that the investment of time and emotion into a team can’t be even partially repaid by five months of virtuosity, because of the risk of a two-week letdown. That those regular-season nachos were consumed in vain, that the entirety of every league’s record book is a trivial sham, and that the purpose of professional sports is not actually to provide entertainment and joy on random winter nights, but only to crown one team of winners while identifying a whole bunch of losers.

it's a long article but it's worth the read and it pretty much details what I was getting at above

also, first team to 90 points with only two other teams that have hit 80 :Banana:

Edited by oochymp

Losing to the Canucks in blowout fashion, yep just like the bad days.

the NHL needs to figure out the goalie interference rule, it's worse than the NFL's catch rule right now

two more blown calls last night in Columbus/Boston:

the second one is forgivable, the stick in the air definitely impaired the goalie but it's hard to say it was intentional, but on the first one the forward's right foot is clearly preventing the goalie from getting over to cover the net

Edited by oochymp

If Nashville makes the playoffs and Colorado and Minnesota both miss out, I can say I'd be perfectly fine with that. Though it's looking like 5 Central teams will probably make the West playoffs.

Pretty cool Al Montoya is the first Cuban-American player in the NHL and he's having a great season. :yep:

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/703384432112173057/photo/1

Edited by Bay

Caps place Laich on waivers...finally