oochymp

Dion Lewis tears ACL

New England Patriots running back Dion Lewis has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season, sources confirmed to ESPN.
An MRI performed Monday revealed the full extent of the running back's injury. The Boston Globe earlier reported Lewis' diagnosis.
Lewis was injured with 5:40 remaining in the third quarter of Sunday's 27-10 win over the Washington Redskins after being tackled from behind by Redskins defensive lineman Chris Baker at the end of a 14-yard catch-and-run. Television replays showed him reaching for the area of his left knee as the play was ending.
Lewis, who has been a spark plug for the Patriots with his sharp cuts and knack for stopping and starting in an instant, had remained down on the ground as the medical staff came onto the field. He eventually walked off the field slowly under his own power and headed straight to the locker room for medical tests.

hate to see this for a guy who's finally getting an opportunity and is actually making the most of it

how much does this hurt the Patriots? he was doing a lot for them, but the Patriots always seem to be able to plug someone else in

Man...I'm sure someone will prove me wrong with a statistic, but it seems like there are so many more injuries this season compared to the past. Or at least more significant players getting injured.

I feel like we say it every year but injuries just seem to be more frequent this year.

Really hate to see this especially to guys who are having great comeback seasons. Dion was on his way to being a superstar next year with the way the Pats used him :yep:

Literally just drafted him in fantasy. Thank god I handcuffed Morris & DeAngelo to Zeke & Bell.

The Boston Herald reports Dion Lewis' knee surgery will sideline him for 8-10 weeks.

The procedure is viewed as "relatively minor," but was required following Lewis' ACL tear last November. He was presumably dealing with loose particles in the knee. A source told the Herald that Lewis still "has a good chance of playing in 2016," even if he is likely to open on the season on reserve/PUP. The Herald adds that James White "has had the best summer of his three-year career."

Have no fear, James White is here

I was anticipating this guy being the leading receiving back or damn near close to that this year. Sad to have this reality.

Can't stay on the field you get shit from me