Bangy

2016 Baseball Thread

White Soxs are back to sucking :yao:

Yea I was half expecting to happen to be honest, the plus side is the fact that they have enough cap to get another big bat but they have also been keeping these loses close and not getting blown out

:smug:

Ok real talk, look at who has come alive lately. 31-22, and tonight with the largest comeback in franchise history. The youth of this team (Ketel Marte, Leonys Martin, Dae-Ho Lee have broken out out of nowhere, and Cano one more home run away from being tied for league lead. Dude has his struggles behind him completely, is finally healthy, and is locked in. The identity of the team has drastically shifted from having arguably the most successful ace starting pitcher over the last combined 11 years, to a surge of offensive players busting loose some lumber carrying a pitching staff that has seen King Felix Hernandez start to show his age and be slightly less dominant than in the past. And as of this week we now lead the league in home runs. That's not like a Mariners team from this last decade.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/738598225913909248

Tied for first place with Texas Rangers, and now in the next 10 days, we have six ballgames against said Texas Rangers.

LET'S GO

Ok real talk, look at who has come alive lately. 31-22, and tonight with the largest comeback in franchise history. The youth of this team (Ketel Marte, Leonys Martin, Dae-Ho Lee have broken out out of nowhere, and Cano one more home run away from being tied for league lead. Dude has his struggles behind him completely, is finally healthy, and is locked in. The identity of the team has drastically shifted from having arguably the most successful ace starting pitcher over the last combined 11 years, to a surge of offensive players busting loose some lumber carrying a pitching staff that has seen King Felix Hernandez start to show his age and be slightly less dominant than in the past. And as of this week we now lead the league in home runs. That's not like a Mariners team from this last decade.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/738598225913909248

Tied for first place with Texas Rangers, and now in the next 10 days, we have six ballgames against said Texas Rangers.

LET'S GO

I'll quote any other baseball fan: Who cares? It's June.

:smug:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/738447588966338562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

who needs a DH? (we'll just ignore his .180 career batting average)

Legend

Also:

Acing_zpsmqjg5gsw.png

Edited by Bay

Bjern what did I say about Big Game to you yesterday? Welcome James Shields

• Upvote 1

Jose F acing like crazy lately

Manny Machado caught Ventura fairly well in the brawl last night. Clear see that the pitch was intentionally trying to hit Manny.

• Upvote 1

This pitching staff is killing me. Offense is killing it, leading or being like top 3 in every major category in the NL (and Top 5 in moslty every category league wide)... Yet we're treading water and barely above .500 . Somebody, please rescue me from this nightmare. lmao.

Fuck Greinke for going to Arizona. Glad it's not going well.

Greinke would start acing after I say this

ChiSox have gone from one extreme to another. Big Game James flopped in his first outing but Don Cooper is renowned as a great pitching coach who can build guys up again so I am still optimistic.

Also Can we take a look at Ichiro still being a god damn beast at 42.

• Upvote 1

Kind of glad Shields got rekt yesterday after crying about getting called out by the Padres before he was traded.

Nice all around game from the Cardinals. Waino looks to be coming back. Had 6 solid innings and probably could have gone 7 or 8 if he had to. Yadi knocked in the game winning run ion the 8th. Good day!

So Justin Mourneo (my spelling sucks) has been signed but Latos has been assigned to designation. Considering that Latos was 6-2 with a 4.5+ era I am surpised that we have let him go. He really wasn't pitching badly, I am just wondering if they were worried about his gas tank but they could of at least traded him. Gonzales must be highly thought of there but that said he won his first game last night with the Sox.

Also praise the lord that the White Sox have drafted a good hitting catcher, so badly needed in the farm and if he adjusts well I could see him being up end of the year.

• Upvote 1

apparently MadBum wants to participate in the Home Run derby, I'd love to see it happen but I highly doubt the Giants will let him

apparently MadBum wants to participate in the Home Run derby, I'd love to see it happen but I highly doubt the Giants will let him

Yea he has come out and said that he would love to give it a go, management have already shut it down.

That said Fraizer vs Trumbo if they are both in it would be lit.

Edited by Bangy

Apparently his BP in St. Louis was something worthy of watching

Waino came in as a pinch hitter and knocked a 2 out, 2 run double to put the Cardd ahead of the Pirates in the 12th, which ended up winning them the game. Pretty awesome to see. Winning is great, but winning like that is awesome.

Also, Rosenthal is pissing me off. I don't want to over react because he's been one of the best closers over the last few years... But, I really wouldn't mind seeing The Final Boss take his place at some point if the struggles continue.

Edited by Favre4Ever

:dying: Minnesota Twins

Another all around strong night...Let's keep it up! :rock:

Central division has fallen apart around the Indians

Swept the Pirates. Feels good... We had struggled to be consistent, we had struggled with our pitching, we had struggled against good teams... And we came around and swept Pittsburgh on the road. I hope this leads to more great things!

I feel like pitching is non-existant in the Tigers/ChiSox series.

Also with Ichro only one hit shy of Pete Rose all time record, do you feel that his hits in Japan should be counted towards the record or not?

I personally feel they should. Yes the level in Japan is lower than the MLB , however he has gone up in level of competition and excelled. He has had over 200 hits every season, 2 batting titles and a 10 time all star player. The fact that he was born Japanise and not American/Canadian shouldn't hinder him for this because imo he would have passed Rose if he came over before the age of 27.

Edited by Bangy

No they shouldn't count. A lot of players don't see the majors till mid 20s