Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

McCarthy: 2011 CBA Led to More Injuries

GREEN BAY, Wisconsin -- The Bears listed 13 players on Wednesday's injury report and the Packerslisted 10, with seven of them -- a full inactive list's worth -- already ruled out, and yet Mike McCarthy only shrugged because of how usual that's become.

"Today's NFL, man," the Packers' coach told NFL.com as he tried to get his aching team ready on a short week to face their NFC North rivals on Thursday night. "These injury reports around the league are just outrageous. I don't know what the statistics look like. I don't follow all 32 teams. But it seems like every game we've been in this year, pretty much both sides have been like whew."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724489/article/mike-mccarthy-says-2011-cba-is-cause-of-increase-in-injuries

McCarthy is usually boarish, winded, and all over the place in his answers to the media. So when he is actually talking about an issue like this with this kind of detail, you know it really pisses him off.

What do you guys think? Is he right?

Edited by Favre4Ever

It is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that the NFL has all these TNF and soon to be SNF games.

You're telling me that an NFL players is to rest on monday, practice tuesday, practice wednesday and then be a full 100% on TNF? Yeah right. Those chronic little injuries will wear and tear on you during an NFL season and with one of those short weeks it's too easy to get your shit fucked up.

Also...the whole London travel shit is BS too

seems worth pointing out that the Titans expect to have 7 healthy scratches this week (meaning as of Friday everyone on our 53 man roster was healthy) of course that ignores the three players that got the waived/injured designation in the preseason and the two we've IR'ed, and I think we're the exception right now, but I thought it was worth mentioning

Edited by oochymp

This opinion has been floated by many in the league over the last few years, so it's good to see a head coach go on the offensive about it. Hopefully this is a major topic of discussion when the CBA is re-negotiated.

Edited by SteVo