Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I was hoping Sessions was resigning today. Regardless of what he did or didn't do with the Russians, he just has a sleeze aura about him. He makes my skin crawl.

Also, apparently there is a new GOP bill ready to replace Obamacare. Nobody has really seen it unless you are high up in the totem pole, but nobody told Rand Paul that.

He went to see / read the bill. He was told that it is super secret and under heavy guard in a secret location. He ended up finding secret location and the room was locked and being heavily guarded just as they said... he brought his own copier and everything, but they wouldn't let him in.

If you want to talk about a threat to our "Denocracy" ... now that's it.

Sessions should make your skin crawl because hes an insane racist who will do what he can to hurt black people, just as he's done all his life. If he doesn't make your skin crawl, I'd be concerned.

Also, I have definitely seen that the republicans claimed they have a bill. I just don't see how they can do it cheaper for the government, the people, and have no one lose coverage like they claim will happen. If they can come up with such a plan, they should've suggested it awhile ago. Obama would've loved to implement it.

Got a source there brother??? /hulk

" The document is being treated a bit like a top-secret surveillance intercept. It is expected to be available to members and staffers on the House Energy and Commerce panel starting Thursday, but only in a dedicated reading room, one Republican lawmaker and a committee aide said. Nobody will be given copies to take with them. "

I am on my phone from work (happening a lot lately, ha). I'll read more into it later

Aides in the room told the senator -- before dozens of reporters in a crowded hallway -- that there was no bill to see. In fact, it wasn't the room where GOP members of the Energy and Commerce Committee were told to meet with staff to review the current draft of their bill at all. But that did little to dissuade Paul, openly critical to the House Republican leadership's preferred path on the process, from making his underlying point.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/rand-paul-obamacare-repeal-bill/index.html

Aides in the room told the senator -- before dozens of reporters in a crowded hallway -- that there was no bill to see. In fact, it wasn't the room where GOP members of the Energy and Commerce Committee were told to meet with staff to review the current draft of their bill at all. But that did little to dissuade Paul, openly critical to the House Republican leadership's preferred path on the process, from making his underlying point.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/rand-paul-obamacare-repeal-bill/index.html

Ahhh, that makes sense. So you are just hung up on the fact that the bill isn't done, which CNN highlights to make Rand Paul look crazy from their... slanted? perspective.

I am more focusing on the fact that nobody can see the damn thing until two days before it hits the floor of Congress, because Paul Ryan's office confirmed that is where it was being worked on... he was very much in the correct spot.. Or at least.. in the general vicinity. lol. Was he ever getting a final physical copy? No... of course not. You can't get a final copy until it's final. We deserve to know what is in it though, even in a preliminary version because the American peoples reaction could pressure them into adding / removing different portions of it.

Senators, other Congressman, and the American people should be able to get more than two days before it gets voted on. Again, a screeching halt to Democracy for sure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/03/02/rand-paul-protests-outside-room-where-republicans-are-hammering-out-obamacare-replacement/?utm_term=.69129b374af8

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/321990-paul-blasts-house-gop-for-keeping-obamacare-bill-in-secure-location

EDIT:

In other kinda of... creepy but unrelated news.

Joe Biden's son, Hunter, is having an affair... With his dead brother's (Beau who died from brain cancer) widow. Would make for some awkward holiday dinners.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The crazy about what Trump is doing is that if you look at it he's only continuing the trend of Bush and Obama. A lot of things he's doing wouldn't even be possible if it wasn't for them.

So yelling at the aides to the reps does what exactly? There's nothing CNN needs to do to make Rand look like a lunatic, he does that himself. This came off as more utterly childish than crazy.

So yelling at the aides to the reps does what exactly? There's nothing CNN needs to do to make Rand look like a lunatic, he does that himself. This came off as more utterly childish than crazy.

He wanted to see it and what was included in it. That was the point. And he certainly wasn't the only one there. The Republicans are going to roll out some atrocious Obamacare 2.0 while everyone's sleeping...

If fighting to know what is in a bill is childish, I wish we had more childish Senators. Too often members of Ckngress go into votes never even seeing the bill before voting on it let alone reading it or knowing what's in it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, this was a problem with TPP too. In what world does it make sense to hide bills from the other members of congress? I guess I should take that back. It makes perfect sense if you're trying to pass off some shady shit. I think what Rand Paul is doing is trying to bring attention to the situation which is really the only way he can fight something like that if there is indeed a battle to be fought.He was one of a few congressmen talking about TPP as the Obama administration tried to pass it in secret. There needs to be more transparency in the government, not less. I would think Manning, Snowden and Wikileaks would have taught everyone that important lesson.

• Upvote 1

Going and yelling at aides- which have nothing to do with the bill- and treating them the way Rand did to make a point is childish.

He wants to make a point, call a press conference and call out the House leadership.

I agree with his point, btw, just think the way he went about trying to prove it was stupid.

Going and yelling at aides- which have nothing to do with the bill- and treating them the way Rand did to make a point is childish.

He wants to make a point, call a press conference and call out the House leadership.

I agree with his point, btw, just think the way he went about trying to prove it was stupid.

The CNN link you shared previously had a video of Paul at the secret room / door and he doesn't look or sound like he is yelling at the aide. If he was verbally abusing them, I would totally agree with you, very petty. But if he goes to said room, knocks on the door, and an aide is the only one who answers.. He either walks away or talks to the aide, he chose the latter.

Also, in a semi-related note, if the bill is presented to Congress the way GOP leadership wants, I think you are going to see some Republican Senators choose to not support it... Paul, Cruz, Lee, just to name a few. This could get messy, and if GOP leadership wants to try sweeping this under the rug, I hope it does (get messy).

• Upvote 1

So Trump decided that Obama wiretapped his phone. He is making this claim with 0 evidence. If his phone was tapped, it'd mean a federal judge decided there was very good reason to believe he was committing a crime.

Well there's a pretty good chance he was spying on Trump considering the degree to which Obama expanded NSA spying. Fuck Obama and fuck Trump too. Wake me when all this shit is over. Of course there would be reason to wire tap Trump, he's been committing fraud for the past 40 years but nobody gave a fuck until he was running for president. What a broken fucking system we have.

Well there's a pretty good chance he was spying on Trump considering the degree to which Obama expanded NSA spying. Fuck Obama and fuck Trump too. Wake me when all this shit is over. Of course there would be reason to wire tap Trump, he's been committing fraud for the past 40 years but nobody gave a fuck until he was running for president. What a broken fucking system we have.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt... I don't know about Obama's direct involvement, but to say Trump was being monitored isn't that far-fetched.

Kind of off-topic but semi-related... There was a show on TV called Hunted that just wrapped up. Basically, teams of two act as "fugitives" and try outrunning expert trackers and bounty hunter / cop types. It's just a game / reality show, but it shows you the kind of surveillance our government is capable of -- and it is downright creepy. The amount of intel they can get on people and the people you know and the people they know... It's truly insane.

So you're saying Obama illegally ordered a wiretap on trumps phone lines for the purpose of destroying his campaign and then did absolutely nothing once he acquired the info?

Oh fun fact: if the government did carry out a wiretap of Trump tower, Trump is able to release all information related to that operation since he's the president.

Nope that's not what I was saying. Don't want to speak for Sean tho.

So you're saying Obama illegally ordered a wiretap on trumps phone lines for the purpose of destroying his campaign and then did absolutely nothing once he acquired the info?

there was a lot of stuff that leaked about Trump. Who's to say some of that wasn't CIA or NSA? They can't exactly just leak phone calls. That would make the White House look pretty corrupt. I'm sure Obama know's what happened to Nixon lol.

Well like I said, now that he's president Trump can release the information about this operation. Until he does that, I have to assume it's a lie.

You guys are still thinking Trump has one iota of intelligence. This latest idiotic conspiracy theory is just him parroting Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh, who have absolutely zero evidence whatsoever to support their crazy far right conspiracy theory. They basically just "glenn beck'd" together a series of completely unrelated incidences taken way out of context to come up with the asinine proposal that Obama wiretapped Trump without the permission of a Federal Court.

Trump has seen no evidence, he is simply parroting far right sources. Again. That's all he does. He knows nothing except what Fox News, Breitbart, and conservative radio hosts talk about. That's where he got the 3-5 million illegal votes- note that we've heard nothing on that front recently- and that's where he got his latest nutcase theory.

The only smart thing about this for Trump is if he's using this to try to distract from the fact that even more of his aides have admitted to speaking to the Russian ambassador before they should have been making promises. But I really doubt the man is even thinking of that. He's just an utter fool.

Edited by Thanatos

Also much harder to attack legally, according to some sources I've read.

Same as Favre, I think this one will stand. It does zero good against ISIS and really just gives them ammunition, but sadly legal.

Of course, I thought the last one was too.

I'm sure the ACLU will argue that the point of this bill is still to keep Muslims out of the US. It's clearly true. Just gotta hope the judges see it that way.

I have been thinking about this travel ban, and more importantly what is the rationale behind it. The problem is, this issue is one that is difficult to tackle, and while some may say Trump has a horrible idea (can't argue), what is a realistic solution ?

I am not attacking Obama by any means but it seemed like the last year before he got out of office that there were some pretty horrendous things done in the name of Islam on American soil, and then gong further back it seems as though if there was one glaring weakness in the Obama administration it was that we were attacked early and often by Islamic extremists. I am not sure that is up for debate.

So Trump is saying that we should ban people from countries that harbor terrorists. This is an issue that is so dynamic I am not sure there is a solution that people will agree on. Now we could go back and forth and reach into the past a few millennia to say who started it, Christians or Muslims, America or The middle East I mean there is no real definitive answer. Given the enormity of the problem that he is trying to solve and the complexity what is he to do ?

Lets look at the travel ban. Forget its trump and how vile he is. Is banning people from countries that have done us great harm really that out there. Not saying it is right, but you can at least see his reasoning. People from country A attack us more often than Country B, ban people from Country A. That seems to be what he is saying and is it that ludicrous? The problem is that there are some great people over there and I am fortunate to know several who are no different than any American I know and I feel just as comfortable on a plane with them as anyone. That said, I would not walk outside of FOB Edge grab ten people and go on a transatlantic flight with them either, and I am just playing the odds there IT would only take one asshole and I am dead.

Is it selfish ? Sure. That said if it was one of your sons or mothers would you be cool with it on principle? So then look at the other side, it isn't right and we are probably generating more hate than admiration which will only exacerbate said problem. That said you want attacks on your country to stop, what do you do? Talking and reasoning with ISIS is the only truly ludicrous solution here. So how do you allow people in the country in mass while vetting people you are not prepared for. Thousands of people who are Muslim enter this country everyday and the overwhelming majority just want to live their lives, but with those huge of numbers, how do you vet them all to the point where you can say with any certainty we are safe ? You can't can you, so do you just accept terrorism as part of the life we lead and that for no reason you could wake up to a phone call finding out someone dear to you has died ? Is that any more acceptable?

Saying that one way or the other is definitively right over the other is crazy when you consider the rationale, I dont want discrimination on any level in this country without cause, but I also want my son to be safe, what do we do ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Whether or not Trump is smart, idk but the whole Breirbart/fox news/conservative radio strategy is EXTREMELY effective at firing up their base. They've brain washed millions of people into accepting policy after policy and ideal after ideal that is in direct opposition to their interests. They're so good at redirecting those people's anger into racism, xenophobia and a laundry list of other bullshit.

• Upvote 2

The problem with the ban, Ngata, is that its NOT targeting places that have harbored terrorists that have attacked us. There have been a grand total of NINE deaths from terrorists posing as refugees on American soil in the past twenty years, and of those nine, a grand total of zero came from terrorists who came from the countries on the list. It doesnt target any of the countries the 9/11 hijackers came from. (Because Trump has business interests in those countries.)

So no, its not "People from this country are attacking us, so we're gonna ban them" because that is simply not true. You are more likely to be killed by an armed toddler than as a terrorist posing as a refugee.

It is simply ineffective if that is its actual purpose- which its not, its Bannon's fearmongering and white nationalism that is pushing this ban.

Edited by Thanatos