Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Not gonna do anything, but its a nice sentiment.

Not really. I still think Pence is more dangerous.

Sean at least has a point that I've never seen the people more up in arms at any point in political history since I've been alive than they are now. And it's because of Trump.

If you somehow were to impeach him, you'd let Mike Pence, a seemingly calm, well-reasoned, and well-spoken person (and a complete religious zealot, but he hides that part well), take over. The outrage would fade, the people wouldn't be as enthused about getting Trump out of office, and you'd be in legit danger of Pence winning re-election.

As a matter of fact, in my opinion, impeaching Trump is the only legitimate chance the Republicans have of winning a second term unless the Democrats re-nominate Hillary.

And if they do that, they should all be shot by firing squad.

Re: US interference in Russian elections: 1. Twenty years ago is ancient history at this point. 2. The only thing I'm seeing is that Clinton authorized a 10.2 billion dollar loan from the International Monetary Fund which Yeltsin then used as a reason why he was better than Zyuganov, ("only I have these connections", as he put it). That's a bit of a difference from flat out hacking a major political party, no? I'm not saying we're all innocent here either, there's been plenty of times when both of us have influenced elections. But that's not a good reason to sit back and do nothing when Russia tries it on us, lol.

Edited by Thanatos

Not really. I still think Pence is more dangerous.

I can't agree. Pence would be terrible, but he'd be classic republican terrible. Not the monstrosity that Trump is.

I can't agree. Pence would be terrible, but he'd be classic republican terrible. Not the monstrosity that Trump is.

Why do you think that? Pence is worse. Pence doesn't advertise his idiocy on twitter. He'd do just as much shit as Trump, but just under the table or without drawing attention to it.

I don't think Pence would care about hurting immigrants as much, or the muslim ban, or the general "fuck everyone but the US" sentiment trump has.

WE can't kill politicians, they are too valuable :troll:. I am kidding I would not be in the slightest bit upset if he got shot like the guy from Louisiana. The bad thing is, both will be fine.

Asking for a friend, in what way was this attorney associated with The Kremlin? Did she just represent some government officials? What information did she give Donald Trump Jr.?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but according to some articles I read .. she's been the attorney for the local Moscow government and both she and the Kremlin have denied that she has direct connections to the Kremlin itself. From what I gather, and I could be wrong -- it seems like she's basically a lobbyist, she's known for advancing Russian business practices and swaying Russian and US politicians to to pass laws that favor them.

Also both she and DjTj have said no information passed between them.

Edit : I also agree that Pence would be worse for reasons Than threw out there. Not that this means anything concrete but i met ( shook hands and exchanged pleasantries) Pence a few weeks ago -- he literally gave me chills and not in a good way. There is something seriously eerie and scary about him.

I've met and talked with quite a few politicians and the only once who comes close to Pence on the scary scale was John McCain.

Edited by Banned4Ever

I think DJT JR probably got nothing of value out of her, but he went with the intention of doing so, to meet someone he thought was a Russian government lawyer.

Illegal? Probably not.

Unethical and completely wrong? Absolutely.

Edited by Thanatos

Don't you think it's a little fishy how every major news publication has sensationalized this story so much? It doesn't make you think that all these scare tactics are bullshit?

You think the meeting didn't take place? Or what exactly?

I don't think that's what sensationalized means. You don't think this story has been embellished.

You're gonna need to lay out what you're talking about.

The meeting took place, it's completely unethical, especially after DJT JR spent several interviews in 2016 literally laughing at people when asked about any Russian connections, telling people he had never met with any Russians, etc.

He's a complete scumbag and a liar and he also may have committed a crime.

Really not sure why coverage of that is fishy.

Yeah I was under the impression a campaign couldnt do that.

DEzJT30VYAAXFPE.jpg

According to the same guy, Trump campaign is also paying Trump Corp. for legal consulting.

Edited by Thanatos

Would that really be personal though? He was in the meeting with other Trump campaign officials regarding business about the campaign.

I know he doesn't have an official title in the administration or what not, but if it was all personal it shouldn't get back to the campaign at all .

• Upvote 1

Would that really be personal though? He was in the meeting with other Trump campaign officials regarding business about the campaign.

I know he doesn't have an official title in the administration or what not, but if it was all personal it shouldn't get back to the campaign at all .

Yup. I don't see how people call this personal. The only way it is personal is that Trump is obviously Trump Jr's daddy. Jr was doing business on behalf of his dad in the capacity of an adviser trying to get information to win the campaign. And expenses incurred would fall outside of the personal use act. It is not a hard concept to understand.

But I thought Donald and Eric were going to be completely serparate from the political aspects to show that the businesses aren't working with the office.

Ngata this was two weeks ago. The campaign is over. In what aspect is DJT JR working for Trump's campaign?

But I thought Donald and Eric were going to be completely serparate from the political aspects to show that the businesses aren't working with the office.

Well see, its akin to Bill and Chelsea being on the governing board of the Clinton Foundation had Hillary won...or the money laundering that goes through WJC LLC. Its like that, but not as crooked as the Clintons.

Why does everyone on the right seem to think that attacking the Clintons somehow gives Trump and his spawn a pass? Not to mention we're apparently doing hypotheticals now. No one on this board, to my knowledge, is arguing anything about Hillary except the people that are trying to defend Trump.

Defend Trump on his own merits, not "The Clintons did it too so that makes it okay!"

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

My problem is that Trump is attacked less on actual policies rather than the hyperbolized, sensationalized, and nationalized campaign against everything Russia and the heightening tension, militarily rising, and probably higher than they've been in 50 years. I'm worrying that we're being tricked into more endless war. This time it could be a little more dangerous than funding "rebels" or "terror organizations" to fight proxy wars for control of the natural resources of a certain region.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but aren't you one of those who voted for him?

If you really think Russia is going to attack us militarily, you're in a fantasy world.

They have no reason to do so since they got the leader they wanted installed by interfering with our elections. But yeah, talking about Russia and being against a Russian gov't lead by a tyrant who routinely murders people who disagree with him, is just a hyperbolized, sensationalized, campaign.

Edited by Thanatos