Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Predict Your First Quarter

Well folks, we're officially two weeks away from the start of the season, so we should start offering some predictions and get the discussion rolling again. Use this thread to predict your team's first quarter of the season.

:Vikings:

Monday, September 11th vs. :Saints:

First things first:

Fuck Radical Islam. Never forget.

Score Prediction: Vikings win 27-16

What Will Happen:

Adrian Peterson will get the start but be large ineffective, giving way to Mark Ingram eventually as the Saints realized they signed a washed up mouthbreather. New Orleans has an initial drive that scores either a TD or FG, but as usual, Zimmer's defense clamps down after that. Dalvin Cook rushes for over 100 yards and Bradford hits both Diggs and Theilen for touchdowns. Cook gets a goalline score. The Vikings tack on a second late field goal to make it a two score game.

Sunday, September @ :Steelers:

Score Prediction: Steelers win 23-20

What Will Happen:

Both teams score early but then settle into a defensive battle. Xavier Rhodes covers AB about as well as possible but AB is still effective, as always. Martavis Bryant breaks free of either Waynes or Newman to make it a 10 point game. The Vikings muster one more TD but can't tie it up before the clock runs out

Sunday, September 24th vs. :Bucs:

Score Prediction: Vikings win 30-23

What Will Happen:

The Vikings will blow this open early, leading by 15+ points until the Bucs score a garbage time TD to make the score look closer. I see Stefon Diggs drawing so much attention by week 3 that both Kyle Rudolph and Adam Theilen have huge days.

Sunday, October 1st vs :Lions:

Score Prediction: Vikings win 20-10

Anquan Boldin annihilated Minnesota with timely catches in both meetings in 2016. Boldin is no longer there. The Lions still don't have a running game. They lost Riley Reiff. The Lions will be competitive but won't make the playoffs again. I expect Cook to have a very good day in this game, possibly scoring both TDs for Minnesota.

Record Prediction after 4 games: 3-1

How about the rest of you?

Packers win the Super Bowl...

In the 1st Qtr.

Season over.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the Vikings are capable of putting up 20 on Pittsburgh without a defensive TD. Their offense is so bad lol

They're not dropping 38 on ANYONE, even Tampa Bay without multiple defensive TD's. Their defense will need to play at all time great level to make the play offs because a bad oline and abad QB... You don't overcome that.

Edited by seanbrock

Bradford isn't a bad QB.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a very good defense .

Minnesota now has a running game and has improved at both Tackles.

Nothing is set in stone right now.

Nobody else gonna try this out? Come on

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Week 1 vs. San Diego

Denver is looking like more of the same. Strong defense, young but improving QB, terrible offensive line. In the same vein, the Chargers look similar to what they usually are as well. Limping right out of the gates. With all the injuries the Chargers are facing, in addition to the home field advantage, the Broncos should pull out a close victory.

:Broncos: 23

:Chargers: 17

Week 2 vs. Dallas

A lot of this rides on the Ezekiel Elliot suspension, but Alfred Morris or Darren McFadden can still do damage behind the Dallas OLine. I think Dallas is a favourite to win with Zeke, but without them it'll come down to the last possession. I'm going to tentatively say the Broncos win by a field goal, since the NFL is unlikely to avoid dropping the banhammer on him.

:Broncos: 27

:Cowboys: 24

Week 3 at Buffalo

Buffalo is tanking hardcore. It'd be pretty bad if we lost this game, since the Bills don't seem to be trying for this season.

:Broncos: 27

:Bills: 13

Week 4 vs. Oakland

This is going to be a loss, I can smell it. We have no way of even slowing Khalil Mack down, and he seems to play his best against us. We can do a good job holding off their offense for a while, but we won't be able to keep it up into the 4th quarter.

:Raiders: 21

:Broncos: 15

Week 1 @ Washington Redskins

:Eagles: 31 :Redskins: 20

The Skins have kicked the Eagles asses for a couple years now but the Eagles defense looks better than it has in years. Offensively I think the Eagles will capitalize on short fields and turnovers and pick up the win against Washington.

Week 2 @ Kansas City Chiefs

:Eagles: 18 :Chiefs: 20

Tough to start the year off with back to back road games. It's even tougher when one of those games is at Arrowhead. The only two places harder to get a win on the road are Foxburough and Green Bay. The Chiefs defense looks fucking dominant this year. From the front seven to the back end this team is just loaded with playmakers. It's going to be a defensive slug fest but you have to give the Chiefs the slight edge being that they're at home for this one.

Week 3 vs. New York Giants

:Giants: 10 :Eagles: 23

The Giants have a top 5 defense on paper this year. They were top 3 last year I believe and I don't see anything changing there. It could be good enough to get the Giants into the playoffs but their offense is such a mess. They have zero running game and a bad offensive line protecting an aging QB without a modicum of mobility. The Eagles are going to be forced to kick FG's but the sacks and turnovers they force on defense will prove too much for the Giants to handle and the Eagles coast to an easy win for their first home game.

Week 4 @ Los Angeles Chargers

:Eagles: 27 :Chargers: 24

Close but no cigar, the story of the Chargers' season last year. The Eagles are traveling to the West Coast for this one. I was back and fourth on whether it would be a win or a loss but I let the homer in me win out and predict an Eagles win. I really like the Chargers defensive line this year. I think they could definitely make some noise and be better than people think they are but from a match up stand point I just like the Eagles here. They have a counter punch for every weapon the Chargers have but I'm not sure the Chargers can say the same.

• Downvote 1

Bradford isn't a bad QB.

Pittsburgh doesn't have a very good defense .

Minnesota now has a running game and has improved at both Tackles.

Nothing is set in stone right now.

Nobody else gonna try this out? Come on

Bradford isn't a bad QB? Since when lol? He crumbles under pressure, he's too scared to throw deep and he's not as mobile as he was coming out of Oklahoma at all.

Pittsburgh's defense is imo very underrated. Their LB corps is one of the best in the league. They have a strong defensive line and their secondary doesn't give up long TD's. They're definitely good enough to shut an offense like Minnesota down

As for the Vikings running game...idk I haven't paid much attention to them this offseason. I know they added a nice RT but until I see it on the football field in a real game I'm not sold. If the Vikings can run the ball this year though they have a good chance at making the playoffs but there is no way they have any kind of passing game. Bradford is fucking awful, trust me. I tried to have faith in him when he was in Philly but he's fucking awful.

Week 1 @ :Titans:

28-25 W

Everybody is on that Titans wagon... but that secondary is questionable to say the very least. Titans will do their best to maul us in the run game and control the clock for sure... but I believe we are going to air it out early so we can change up their gameplan. With our O-line, Carr, Crabtree, Cooper, Cook, Roberts, and our host of RB's the Titans will have their work cut out for them. It'll be close because our defense blows, but the Raiders do better on the road.

Week 2 vs :Jets:

38-20 W

The Jets defense... is the only thing that'll keep them in the game.. for maybe a couple series... but once the flood gates open... it's gonna get ugly quick. Home opener and good way for our defense to get their shit together against whatever QB the Jets roll out on the field.

Week 3 @ :Redskins:

40-38 W

Shootout on SNF that I will be witnessing IN person. I'm sure I'll be ripping all my hair out at the lack of defense in this game, it'll come down to who has the ball last and as long as Carr has the ball to end the game, we'll be fine. I can easily see the Redskins winning this one.

Week 4 @ :Broncos:

24-10 L

Broncos fuck us up in Mile High. Simply due to the fact that I think our defense completely shits the bed against a dogshit offense and the Broncos defense comes ready to play.

3-1 :Raiders:

Titans have a questionable secondary, true but they also have the running game to keep Carr and all his weapons on the side line. To your credit you predicted a close game though so no complaints. That should be one of the most interesting games in week 1. If it's not on at the same time as the Eagles I will definitely try to watch it.

I don't know our first four games but I know one is against the Jets so I'll say 1-3.