Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Marcus Peters going to LA Rams?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10418/marcus-peters

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs and Rams are "in the final stages of talks" on a trade that will send CB Marcus Peters to Los Angeles.

Per Schefter, the deal is expected to be agreed to as early as Friday, barring an unexpected snag. Of course, the deal can't become official until the new league year opens on March 14, but it appears the Rams have their new No. 1 corner. With Trumaine Johnson set for free agency next month and no signs of a long-term deal, Peters will likely slide into his spot on defense. No. 2 CB Kayvon Webster is still recovering from a late-season Achilles' tear. Peters irked many in the Chiefs' organization at times, but there's no denying he's a top 5-10 corner in this league and is first among all corners in interceptions (19) since entering the league in 2015. Peters has two more years of team control on his rookie contract.

I raged when we sent a two for Sammy Watkins on a rental...

If we gave up our first rounder, fuck it. I love Marcus.

I realize the Chiefs just got a stud corner from the Skins, but i dont get this at all.

I wouldn't touch Peters. Chiefs were smart to get rid of him. Dude was throwing temper tantrums and acting like a total diva. He made all the teams struggles in the middle of the season all about him. Idc how talented he is. If you want to win a super bowl, everyone needs to be on the same page. I'm not saying these guys should be robots. They don't have to be to be team players. Look at the Eagles.

This seems like a weird trade for the Chiefs. Kendall Fuller is good, but he's not a number 1 cornerback.