Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Eagles add DL Michael Bennett via trade

They didn't get much but... Why do the Eagles need Michael Bennett? lol

So far the Eagles willingness to upgrade any position has paid off. I'd say Bennett is better than Curry who will likely get cut and he's a better scheme fit too. Doesn't make it any easier to get under the cap though unless they also managed to get Seattle to eat some of his contract this year which is doubtful.

This means Curry is on the outs, though the money the Eagles save by trading/cutting him they have to pay Bennett. His contract is pretty cap-friendly for the next 3 seasons, which helps.

Eagles' third-down D-line:

Derek Barnett

Michael Bennett

Fletcher Cox

Brandon Graham

Oh my.

Eagles could have on 3rd down

Barnett

Bennett

Graham

Long

Bennett and Graham can both slide inside. They can also use Jernigan or Cox. They have a TON of options and can get real creative with the games they can play up front. Hell, Graham and Long have also been stand up pass rushers and while that's not where they're at they're best I can imagine that they would have a lot of opportunities as blitzers. This could be a big boon to the goal line defense too.

Edited by seanbrock

Enjoy the headache, Seattle says

Enjoy the headache, Seattle says

Except unlike Pete Carroll, who wants his players to be assholes, Doug Pederson knows how to channel assholery. And with guys like Malcolm Jenkins and Chris Long on the team, Bennett's social activism will be a plus, not a distraction.

Seahawks said it wasnt the social activism part that they were annoyed by. He talks a lot, brings unwanted attention to the team, and creates shit between teammates towards coaches creating hostility.

I dont think Bennett is as guy you can silence like that. No matter how good your coach may be. Might get a season or two out of him before r really ramps up though.

And its being reported that The Pats offered more for Michael because Michael and Marty were lobbying to play together. Seahawks declined because there was already a verbal agreement with Philly. Philly may have to ring Marty in just not to annoy the shot out of Michael from the get go.

Edited by Olenna4Ever