GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

There are very few comedies that I consider "good" movies, this is not one of them. However, I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Good point.

They all can't be as good as meryl-streep-770614.jpg

Silver Linings Playbook. Simply fantastic. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence were able to give, what I believe, are the oerformances of their careers. Cooper's potrayal of a man battling bi-polar disorder was pretty damn excellent (I myself have been battling bi-polar disorder for several years), it really was impressive to see him puill it off. Jennifer Lawrence seems to be pretty great in every role she takes on, but this is her finest performance yet, even better than her breatout role in Winters Bone, for which she was also nominated for an Oscar. They way she pulled off the fine line between greiving widow and complete lunatic was absolutely masterful.

Throw in a couple of other minor, but still impressive performance by Robert Deniro (expected him to be great) and the unexpectedly great showing by Chris Tucker of all people and you have a near perfect film.

Sadly, the Philadelphia Eagles were prominent throughout the film, so it cannot give it a perfect rating. It would be un-Redskinsfanlike for me to do so, wouldn't it?

You can probably surmise by the length of what I just wrote that I am a huge fan of this film and will likely try to catch it one more time before it leaves theaters.

9.5/10 GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

• Upvote 1

Told you Silver Linings Playbook was worth the price of admission. :yep:

• Upvote 1

The Thomas Crown Affair. (1999)

I dunno if I would have even drove 40 minutes to see Silver Linings, even AFTER knowing how amazing it is. :D

Watched happythankyoumoreplease for the second time. I watched it once in 2010 when it first came out and loved it again the second time. The film was written and directed by Josh Radnor (Ted from How I Met Your Mother) who also stars in the movie. Malin Åkerman, Kate Mara (:wub:), and Tony Hale are also featured in the movie.

The reviews for the movie are mixed, but I am a sucker for touching indie films and if you haven't seen it I'd recommend it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I dunno if I would have even drove 40 minutes to see Silver Linings, even AFTER knowing how amazing it is. :D

lol. I only ended up having to drive like 10 minutes. I guess with all of the Oscar buzz surrounding the movie, they decided to bring it back.

Saw Silver Linings Playbook on Monday. Just fucking wow. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence are mesmerizing to say the least, and De Niro was excellent as the sports fanatic who cares way too much, actually believes in superstition, and lets it affect his every day life. Every character was so damn real. I loved it. I hope to go see it again with the girl I'm, as usual, "somewhat seeing." Fucking awesome movie.

Saw Promised Land a couple weeks ago with said girl. Great in its own right but underwhelming, nonetheless. It was too slow and felt like there was no plot. A very easy movie to converse during and hardly watch.

Bought The Book of Eli and I am Legend for 5 bucks at Wally World, loved both movies when they came out.

Trouble With The Curve. I had trouble staying awake, honestly. I will be attempting to watch it again tonight. I was out kind of late as the DD for my roommates last night, so that is likely why I fell asleep halfway through.

Cheats. Overlooked movie of the 2000's.

movie_35946.jpg

I actually finished Trouble With The Curve. Pretty solid flick, nothing spectacular, but not too bad.

It's Jack!

Yeah Matthew Lawrence is pretty good in the movie.

The perks of Being a Wallflower. I loved it. I don't know why it didn't seem to get the hype when it came out. Definitely under the radar, I guess.

I've watched a few recently but forgot to check in to this thread...

Zero Dark Thirty: 8/10. I feel the same way about this film that I did about The Hurt Locker, another Kathryn Bigelow/Mark Boal film: it was good, but missing a lot of character development, and ultimately not as awesome as advertised. There was one particular scene where I finally thought we were about to flesh the characters out a bit, and then we get instantly blown back into the plot. You end the movie with a good idea about what the characters do, but not about who they are.

I like that the film is very ambiguous towards torture, but not afraid to show torture scenes graphically. The first two hours or so play out like an investigate journalism movie (to a more dangerous extent, of course), but it's nowhere near as gripping as something like All the President's Men. Though the final act, the raid on Bin Laden's compound, does deliver. Jessica Chastain's performance is really the one thing holding the whole thing together, though I still say Jennifer Lawrence had the best female performance of the year.

Ted: 7/10. This was about what I was expecting. Lots of laughs, classic Family Guy style humor, and a surprising amount of heart for a movie with a CGI teddy bear that somehow manages to not be ridiculous. I feel like I got my money's worth on this one.

I also re-watched Good Will Hunting with the girlfriend because she hadn't seen it. It's definitely one of those movies that gets better every time you watch it.

Warm Bodies - Definitely an interesting take on the zombie and rom-com genres.

Guest Phailadelphia

Watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights for about the billionth time last night.

Straw Dogs - Interesting movie. I really didn't expect it to be that intense, some pretty graphic scenes in it. I'll give it a 7.5/10 and is a good watch if you're bored.

Saw Silver Lining's Playbook last night and woke up with a sore right forearm.

Funny-Jennifer-Gifs-jennifer-lawrence-30146868-500-166.gif

Switch hands next time....

Warm Bodies. Better than I expected.

Cube. 2nd time I watched it. Honestly I'd rather watch Saw lol.

Watching Transformer 3 at work right now for like, the 17 time...

I think it's pretty sad how awful these Decepticons are at flying... Bumping into everything in sight and shit...

• Upvote 1