GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

End of Watch. Not bad, nothing great either.

Dredd. While certainly not great, it was quite a bit better than the original version. It was better than I expected.

Argo.

Good movie. Not sure I'd say "Best Picture" good, but good nonetheless.

The Campaign, The Incredible Hulk, Immortals, Fantastic 4... All this morning/last night. >_>

I also saw a Good Day to Die Hard, kinda bad...

Argo.

Good movie. Not sure I'd say "Best Picture" good, but good nonetheless.

Pfffft. How dare you Vin. Even though I haven't even seen Argo myself, how dare you question the majority of opinion in that Argo is the greatest movie of all time. Shame on you sir, shame on you.

:angry:

The Caveman's Valentine.

Argo. Pretty fucking great. "Argo fuck yourself."

• Upvote 1

Saw The Incredible Burt Wonderstone today. 6.5/10

Went into it expecting it to be awful, but it was alright. Not great, but not terrible either. Steve Carrell and supporting cast are good (Olivia Wilde has gotten hot. It's weird.) and I can't really fault a movie that pokes fun at the absurdity of David Blaine/Criss Angel. Only complaints really is that it could've been funnier. It has some funny moments, but it's not overly funny.

Safety Not Guaranteed. Actually pretty decent. I did find it amusing that the man who wanted to time-travel works at The Grocery Outlet, the same place that I work. Different location, but I still found it cool.

• Upvote 2

Safety Not Guaranteed. Actually pretty decent. I did find it amusing that the man who wanted to time-travel works at The Grocery Outlet, the same place that I work. Different location, but I still found it cool.

This, I thought, was a very well done under-the-radar type of movie. I really really liked and enjoyed it.

Taken 2 - 6.5/10

I thought it was okay. Errbody was hatin on it tho.

Nobody Walks

2.5 / 5

Nobody Walks is a discombobulated mess. It lacks a true direction and sacrifices plot and development in order to be chique and "artistic".

The performances by the actors involved was solid enough, but were hurt by the films theme of wanting something you can't have and lust -- which was absent any real zing.

The film tries to be edgy, captivating, and relevant -- but fails on all accounts. Nobody Walks is a massive disappointment to the big screen and even to fellow Indie films.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

3 / 5

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World promises to be a funny and fresh take on your everyday romantic comedy.

Unfortunately, in its place it delivers a slow and oddly calculated approach with a severely underwhelming comedic angle. The plot, even for impending armageddon, is stale and unwelcoming.

The pairing of the the lonely, safe, and conservative character with the outgoing, flamboyant, and seemingly carefree character is over-used and done without a lot of creativity in "Seeking A Friend..."

Although the odd couple theme is cliched to oblivion, Steve Carell and Keira Knightley make for an oddly successful "odd couple" with the help of a fine script.

Ignore the genre classification and lower your expectations and the experience to be taken away from this film greatly increases.

OZ, The Great and Powerful. I don't know if the acting was horrible or if the writing was simply atrocious. Either way, I didn't like it at all. Hard to say that, given the pretty solid actors in the film.

Argo. Pretty fucking great. "Argo fuck yourself."

What are you talking about? Obviously, this movie incriminates the innocent Iranian Revolutionary regime. It's blatant CIA propaganda and only serves to stir up anti-Iran sentiments throughout the US.

/obvious sarcasm mocking Iran

Life of Pi.

Wow. Finally a critically-acclaimed movie that lives up to the hype. One of the prettiest, as well as one of the saddest (thought I'm a huge baby when it comes to animal stuff, so other people might not feel the same way) films I've ever seen. And the ending; the ending just ties everything together and makes it awesome. Just a wonderful movie.

The Iron Lady

3.5 / 5

It's hard to find new and creative ways to praise Meryl Streep for her work film after film. She is unquestionably not only one of the greatest actresses of our time, but one of the greatest performers of all time.

She once again delivers in what is an absolutely stunning performance. The rest of the cast is outstanding as well, but it is Streep who sells the audience and Streep who hoists The Iron Lady out of the doldrums.

Where the film falters is in its direction and purpose. The Iron Lady's craving to be unique and creative in the way it tells its story was a huge misstep. Instead of showing this passionate, powerful, and sometimes overwhelming woman, the film chose to tell her story from her weakest and most fragile stage of her life.

The film is disingenuous, misleading, and tries to carefully re-sculpt Margaret Thatcher at her very core. Time and time again, The Iron Lady refuses to give justice to both the performance Streep delivers and Margaret Thatcher herself.

The Matrix. I still hate Keanu Reeves, but it's so awesome, regardless.

The Hobbit.

Talk about a movie full of filler. Did anything even get accomplished? I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie solely used as an introduction. And to think, they're going to squeeze two more movies out of the book.

The Descendants. Not bad, was hoping for a little more humor to mix in with a pretty depressing narrative but George Clooney is predictably great and the two girls that played his daughters were impressive as well.

• Upvote 1

The Hobbit.

Talk about a movie full of filler. Did anything even get accomplished? I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie solely used as an introduction. And to think, they're going to squeeze two more movies out of the book.

You are absolutely correct. They did use it as a money maker and essentially an introduction to The Hobbit. With the real lack anything eventful happening from the book, I think they will do a more than fine job making two more movies. I didn't have so much of a problem with this being an introduction as I did with them taking liberties with the story and fabricating villains to make it seem like something was actually happening when it wasn't.

You are absolutely correct. They did use it as a money maker and essentially an introduction to The Hobbit. With the real lack anything eventful happening from the book, I think they will do a more than fine job making two more movies. I didn't have so much of a problem with this being an introduction as I did with them taking liberties with the story and fabricating villains to make it seem like something was actually happening when it wasn't.

Probably due to the need to create conflict that could translate to the screen. I didn't mind it, but I can't help but feel like they are going to try and outdo the LOTR trilogy. An unwise endeavor, in my opinion.

The Descendants. Not bad, was hoping for a little more humor to mix in with a pretty depressing narrative but George Clooney is predictably great and the two girls that played his daughters were impressive as well.

Agreed. Good acting is a must for character pieces to stay afloat. And they all did a great job.

Ninja Turtles 2014 film has chosen actors to represent our beloved Turtles.

Please keep in mind that these actors will wear motion-capture-suits similar to the filming of Avatar.

Leonardo - Pete Ploszek

Raphael - Alan Ritchson

Michelangelo - Noel Fisher

Donatello - Jeremy Howard

17822_625252340834303_2134107292_n.png

I wasn't aware we needed, or even wanted, a live-action TMNT movie.