GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Brothers

Great flick. Tobey Maguire did a phenomenal job and actually showed that he has some acting talent.

25th Anniversary of Les Miserables. In Concert. Technically not a movie, but the best show I have ever seen.

Limitless - I didn't exactly have high hopes for this movie but wow, did it deliver. It's like they polled people to see what they would do when able to access 100% of their brain.. then put it in the film. I felt like every move he made was completely right. I will definitely be watching this again and I fully recommend it to anyone.

The King's Speech - I'm usually not a fan of movies that are trying to be pretty, but this will forever be an exception. The acting is absolutely on point. You can't help but be pulled into the drama and begin rooting for the King to succeed. I don't know if I'll ever watch this again but I'm glad to say that I have seen it.

Just got back from seeing Scream 4. Honestly, it was better than I expected or anyone would expect I imagine. I think it was creative and really is on par with the original. Also, the kills are amazing as always.

• Upvote 1

The Human Centipede. - One of the worst yet equally disturbing films I've seen. Seeing that just begs the question: how fucked up is the mind of the individual that thought of this?

Rio. - Good movie. I enjoyed it and found it funny. Not on the level as say Up or Toy Story 3 but solid.

Black Swan. I loved it just as much the second time around. It is just an awesome ride into insanity.

Black Swan also, I can see how she won awards for that one, well done by Portman.

Unthinkable.

:awe:

Samuel L. Jackson continues to stun me with his incredible acting.

uh-uh watched that Slingblade movie last night i reckeon, uh-uh.

:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Slingblade is an excellent flick.

Yep, sure is.

to me, its the movie that made Billy Bob a star. :)

The Experiment (2010)

Adrien Brody, Forrest Whitaker

A gripping psychological thriller that shakes the foundation of human nature. Director Paul Scheuring accomplished everything he set out to do in this film, plus some. Forrest Whitaker and Adrien Brody shine as they have you on the edge of your seat for the length of the film. And definitely one of the better movies on Netflix Instant. 4/5

• Upvote 1

The Experiment (2010)

Adrien Brody, Forrest Whitaker

A gripping psychological thriller that shakes the foundation of human nature. Director Paul Scheuring accomplished everything he set out to do in this film, plus some. Forrest Whitaker and Adrien Brody shine as they have you on the edge of your seat for the length of the film. And definitely one of the better movies on Netflix Instant. 4/5

Saw this just now after reading your take on it. It was indeed very good. Funny that as soon as I went on Netflix to find it, it too was on my list of recommendations. I've seen Brody in a similar role which was equally as good but had never seen Forrest like that. I give it a 4/5 as well.

And thank you for your post.

Atlas Shrugged: Part I

The cast left something to be desired, and the dialogue was fairly atrocious. But Director Paul Johansson was still able to work the magic and drive home the concept of the Ayn Rand novel. Johansson has little to work with but still managed to transfigure water to wine, and feed thousands with 5 loaves of bread and two fish. I left the theater ready to buy my ticket to Part II.

And possibly what I loved most... It didn't dumb down the ideals of the novel (which I have not read, btw). They took an adult concept, and geared it towards an adult audience. Basically, no dumb shits allowed. Now.. don't get me wrong.. You don't need a genius IQ... But if you don't like "talky" movies and don't understand some economic and social concepts, you may struggle to find the greatness the film produces.

Law Abiding Citizen

Still love the judge's death.

• Upvote 1

The Other Guys.

Solid movie, but Wahlberg's character brings the movie down, IMO.

The Other Guys.

Marky Mark tends to do that a lot.

Hereafter. Boring.

The Other Guys.

I watched the first 30 minutes or so and could not get into it at all. I think I may have chuckled a few times, and that was thanks to Samuel L. Jackson. Both Ferrell and Wahlberg were equally dull.

Hereafter. Boring.

Another we can seemingly agree on, lol. I was pretty disappointed.

Megamind.

Was pleasantly surprised. An interesting take on the typical "superhero" film. And Will Ferrell just has a great comedic voice...

Tangled....I can't lie, there are parts that had me laughing pretty hard.

Water For Elephants

Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Walz

Water For Elephants compares to a neatly wrapped gift. Everything on the inside was, mostly, outstanding. Cinematography was brilliant. The script/screenplay told a marvelous story. The ending, while a little too chipper for me, did provide for a great ribbon on the package. The ending wrapped up the entire story into a nice bundle, giving all the closure the audience was looking for. Christoph Walz stole the show once again, unlike his male lead counter part, Robert Pattinson. Pattinson has seen a lot of criticism for this role, all of which is well deserved. The last thing you want out of your male lead in a movie of this genre is the second coming of Keanu Reeves. I was fully expecting Bob Seger's "Like A Rock" to start blaring whenever Pattinson was supposed to show some kind of emotion -- but failed.