GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

X-Men: First Class. Easily the best movie in the series and a great way to re-boot the movies, if that is the plan. Seriously could be the best movie I have seen so far this year. (Very little exaggeration on my part)

I was unsure of the same thing. I asked a buddy of mine if this was indeed a reboot of the series, or just a prequel to the already existing movies, and apparently it is just a prequel the the rest of the series.

Which saddens me... because I really loved First Class and the direction it was going.

But on the First Class wiki page, it says that FOX wants this to be the first movie of a new X-Men trilogy. Which will be amazingly epic, IMO. Superhero / Comic movies have really been exceeding expectations lately.

Edited by Shaq

Superhero / Comic movies have really been exceeding expectations lately.

Watched a comic book movie recently that did not exceed expectation, in fact it was far worse than I expected and I expected pretty damn bad. Jonah Hex. Fans of the comic will be pissed, fans of watching movies that don't suck balls also.

• Upvote 1

I was unsure of the same thing. I asked a buddy of mine if this was indeed a reboot of the series, or just a prequel to the already existing movies, and apparently it is just a prequel the the rest of the series.

Which saddens me... because I really loved First Class and the direction it was going.

But on the First Class wiki page, it says that FOX wants this to be the first movie of a new X-Men trilogy. Which will be amazingly epic, IMO. Superhero / Comic movies have really been exceeding expectations lately.

I really hope it is a reboot.

I think that we have Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, even Watchmen to thank for the new direction that comic book movies have taken as of late.

Watched a comic book movie recently that did not exceed expectation, in fact it was far worse than I expected and I expected pretty damn bad. Jonah Hex. Fans of the comic will be pissed, fans of watching movies that don't suck balls also.

I feel your pain. I saw it in theaters. One of the worst movies I have seen in my lifetime. Yes, it's that bad. lol

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Had me laughing quite a bit..Jack Black is kind of annoying, but Jack Black as a Panda is funny to me.

Yeah, Jonah Hex almost had me wanting a refund...I watched it with the oldest, while my wife watched Karate Kid with the youngest....after seeing Karate Kid on DVD, I was quite jealous of that deal.

Been watching some Friday the 13th's over the past week or so. Starting with the the third one being my favorite and just watched Part 8 last night.

I've already seen 1 and 2, too many times.

1-4 are all solid. So watch those If you've never seen any of 'em.

Batman Begins

And will probably be watching it again tonight because I only watched part of it. It was so good.

Edited by WindyCitySports

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Super 8. It seems to me that the summer 2011 movies just get better and better. I really liked this one more than anything else I have seen so far this year.

True Grit remake.

Better than the original IMO. Though that may be because I'm not really a fan of John Wayne.

The Pacifier

I wanted to watch 2012 but I was overruled.

I think Vin Diesel was actually perfect for The Pacifier. He's a really bland actor, and I think his role in that movie contrasted perfectly with the children and that's why I liked that movie.

2012 sucks balls you didn't miss a thing.

As for me: 8 Mile. Saw it on TNT or something last night. Definitely not bad. I can't say whether or not it reflects life in ghetto Detroit but I liked the movie.

Just got back from the Hangover 2. Absolutely hilarious.

Bridemaids.

Girlfriend's pick. I thought it'd be really funny with all the SNL people in it, but no. It had a few zingers and laughable situations, but all in all.. I was bored with it. Girlfriend loved it so I win.

Super 8

I thought it was a good summer blockbuster. The film revolves around a group of child actors, and I thought they all excelled. Was disappointed with the monster though. I am tired of spider-looking monsters. So over done. But definitely a good watch.

Super 8

I thought it was a good summer blockbuster. The film revolves around a group of child actors, and I thought they all excelled. Was disappointed with the monster though. I am tired of spider-looking monsters. So over done. But definitely a good watch.

I was honestly blown away by the children actors in the movie, they were excellent, espcially Elle Fanning (not too shocking, though).

Oh, and, spiders scare the fucking ever-loving SHIT out of me, so spider-monsters work great in my book.

I was honestly blown away by the children actors in the movie, they were excellent, espcially Elle Fanning (not too shocking, though).

Oh, and, spiders scare the fucking ever-loving SHIT out of me, so spider-monsters work great in my book.

Haha. I hate spiders to... Extreme phobia. And the way they built up the monster throughout the movie was absolutely brilliant. But when you finally see it at the end... I was like... OH COME ON. lol. Extremely minor complaint. Still a really good movie.

500 Days of Summer.

I'd say this is the perfect movie to watch with your gf or wife. It's a story about boy meets girl but it's really not a romantic comedy. It is funny however and features Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the beautiful Zooey Deschanel. I enjoyed the movie and it's originality. Like I said, if you need a good movie to watch with your chick that you'll both like, check this one out.

True Grit - 2010 Not what I was expecting, but still a pretty decent flick.

The Experiment.

Forrest Whittaker is amazing. If only the director had a deeper plot, it would be much more recognized. I understand it was based on a true scientific experiment from the 70's but still, learn how to capture suspense. Cutting a man's hair just doesn't fit the bill, even if he is a hippie.

went through my DVD collection and knocked the dust off of The Green Mile and A Perfect World. (both are excellent)

• Upvote 1

True Grit - 2010 Not what I was expecting, but still a pretty decent flick.

I've heard it's decent, but doesn't even compare to the John Wayne version.

but doesn't even compare to the John Wayne version.

Depends on who you ask.