Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

2020 Democratic Primary Race

If you're going to meet force with force, you may as well meet with enough force to kill your opponent. Otherwise you're just wasting your time. What's the worth of a human life anyway? 1 million isn't that much larger a number than one anyway.

• Upvote 2

People make their own choices so at the end of the day you're not going to eliminate poverty completely but if we could at least pretend it was an issue and even attempt to do anything about it, that'd be dope. I see people talk about how much they want to see mental health addressed so they can keep their guns. Plenty of people in this country who are homeless are mentally ill. Can we talk about how 1 in 5 children lives in poverty? That's 13.3 million kids in the richest, most powerful country in the world. I bet you if Bezos put half his fortune to that cause we would be in a much better place in that regard. Spoiler alert, He's not going to, most of it is probably sitting in bank accounts.

40 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

If you're going to meet force with force, you may as well meet with enough force to kill your opponent. Otherwise you're just wasting your time. What's the worth of a human life anyway? 1 million isn't that much larger a number than one anyway.

This is correct. That's why I like it. Damn it, if you're going to combat gang violence, than be in it to win it.

39 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

People make their own choices so at the end of the day you're not going to eliminate poverty completely but if we could at least pretend it was an issue and even attempt to do anything about it, that'd be dope. I see people talk about how much they want to see mental health addressed so they can keep their guns. Plenty of people in this country who are homeless are mentally ill. Can we talk about how 1 in 5 children lives in poverty? That's 13.3 million kids in the richest, most powerful country in the world. I bet you if Bezos put half his fortune to that cause we would be in a much better place in that regard. Spoiler alert, He's not going to, most of it is probably sitting in bank accounts.

Do you know that gangs keep impoverished areas poor ? Do you know what one of the most important factors for businesses is when deciding where they are going to bring jobs? Crime. Why would someone open up a business in an area where profit margins are going to be a problem because of gangs? So actually eliminating gangs would help with the poverty situation.

And I agree the stat about kids is sad. I love kids, one of the few groups of people I can say that about. That said, why is it on Bezos to fix it? This is something that is a common sentiment and I get it comes from a good place. However, why are we not holding the parents more accountable? Wouldn't you say they have a lot larger role in this. I think one of the bigger problems in the US is we tell people so what you want, instead of be practical and provide. Then we also allow them to blame Jeff Bezos because he isn't giving up half his fortune to pick up their slack. Everyone wants accountability, but no responsibility.

Now are there working poor, of course. Are there people who have gone to college and do all the prerequisites to be successful, but because they pick social work, or teaching will NEVER be paid what they are worth? Sure. And that is the problem. I don't know how we have arbitrarily decided what is more important but if you have a sensible degree and work in that field you should not be in poverty. 

Now all the gender studies horseshit, yeah you deserve to be poor for wasting for years on something useless. That said it is a rarity.

It's on Bezos because literally nobody in the country benefits more off of doing business in the US than he does. His company can operate at a loss because it pays no taxes so it can destroy business all over the country. It's on people with the most money because as the old saying goes it takes money to make money. That alone gives him and others like him a massive advantage. There are people with money with just make money by investing in people with actual ideas that just lack capital. Some of those people literally just inherited a fortune. I think that's pretty whack, personally.

As for people not doing business in poor areas because they're often violent, I mean, that's true but that's part of the reason why we have a federal government. If the federal government started converting old car plants and steel plants in places like Detroit, Chicago, LA, Philly, wherever and gave people an option to say hey, you can have this union job that you can support your family with or make next to nothing selling drugs for a gang in your neighborhood, I'm telling you right now a lot of those people are taking that job. Maybe not all of them but it's a start.

Part of the issue with education is the enormous cost which people against free college have a great point on. They get all this federal and state money and give their buddies nice cushy administration jobs and stuff like that. I think that's relatively easy to fix though. If you get federal and state money you can only devote x amount of dollars to administration. The profits you make for athletics, x amount has to go to actual education. If not you can always be a private university and get no money. I think part of the reason why people pick the wrong fields to study in is it's such a huge decision to make when you're 18 and once you've invested a certain amount of time and money you're kind of locked in. Public schools do such a poor job of preparing you and offering guidance and information. You hardly learn anything about economics or personal finance or really much of anything for that matter in public school. You learn enough to take a standardized test to hopefully get good enough scores to compete for money. How does that make sense? We're sending kids to obedience factories, churning out drone people and medicating the fuck out of them. A lot of parents are both working 40 hours a week. It's hard to help with homework or keep your kids out of trouble when nobody is around and mom and dad are under a massive amount of stress trying to make It happen and keep everyone's head above water.

Edited by seanbrock

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

It's on Bezos because literally nobody in the country benefits more off of doing business in the US than he does. His company can operate at a loss because it pays no taxes so it can destroy business all over the country. It's on people with the most money because as the old saying goes it takes money to make money. That alone gives him and others like him a massive advantage. There are people with money with just make money by investing in people with actual ideas that just lack capital. Some of those people literally just inherited a fortune. I think that's pretty whack, personally.

As for people not doing business in poor areas because they're often violent, I mean, that's true but that's part of the reason why we have a federal government. If the federal government started converting old car plants and steel plants in places like Detroit, Chicago, LA, Philly, wherever and gave people an option to say hey, you can have this union job that you can support your family with or make next to nothing selling drugs for a gang in your neighborhood, I'm telling you right now a lot of those people are taking that job. Maybe not all of them but it's a start.

Part of the issue with education is the enormous cost which people against free college have a great point on. They get all this federal and state money and give their buddies nice cushy administration jobs and stuff like that. I think that's relatively easy to fix though. If you get federal and state money you can only devote x amount of dollars to administration. The profits you make for athletics, x amount has to go to actual education. If not you can always be a private university and get no money. I think part of the reason why people pick the wrong fields to study in is it's such a huge decision to make when you're 18 and once you've invested a certain amount of time and money you're kind of locked in. Public schools do such a poor job of preparing you and offering guidance and information. You hardly learn anything about economics or personal finance or really much of anything for that matter in public school. You learn enough to take a standardized test to hopefully get good enough scores to compete for money. How does that make sense? We're sending kids to obedience factories, churning out drone people and medicating the fuck out of them. A lot of parents are both working 40 hours a week. It's hard to help with homework or keep your kids out of trouble when nobody is around and mom and dad are under a massive amount of stress trying to make It happen and keep everyone's head above water.

It IS NOT the job of Jeff Bezos to make up for others shortcomings. If anything he brings more goods and services to low income neighborhoods than any other business. 

This whole idea promulgated by the left that is others job to take care of you is frightening. 

If you think this problem is as simple as make the rich give more than your missing the picture. The top 5 philanthropic givers in the US gave over 10 billion.  ALL THE WEALTH of the one percent in this country would barely be a drop in the bucket, so the idea this is some solution is dumb as hell. The top 10 richest Americans won't get you $700 billion. 

I'm not sure why people think that the methodology of tax the rich until their middle class will generate enough money. It Won't.

Here is the real fact. We give too much money to idiots. The U.S. takes in about 4 trillion a year. So when Warren says she wants to raise 2.75 trillion in 10 years, this is not some huge life changing sum. We bring that in plus 75% of that every year. The problem is we have morons and corrupt morons running the show. We don't need more taxes we need a straight house. The rich will not solve this problem.

The funny part is Dems hat the flat tax, but it would extract more wealth and an equitable amount, but they don't want that.

And I disagree with public schools. The richest men in the world learned plenty about it from public schools. And kids are.fucking dumb these days because we have shitty parents who aren't engaged. Which is more common 2 parents working 80 hours a week a piece or two shitty parents who raise their kids on electronics where they waste their lives? It's not schools, it's parents.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/1/2/21046153/bernie-sanders-fourth-quarter-fundraising-haul

“Bernie Sanders is closing the year with the most donations of any candidate in history at this point in a presidential campaign,” Sanders’s campaign manager Faiz Shakir said in a statement

Any poll that doesn't have Sanders leading should not be considered legitimate at this point. 

Edited by seanbrock

That's bad for Dems imo. If Bernie is your candidate, you lose. At least by my estimation lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

That's bad for Dems imo. If Bernie is your candidate, you lose. At least by my estimation lol.

You sure? I haven't seen a grass roots campaign with this much money and man power behind it in my lifetime. I think this conflict with Iran will go a long way towards determining that. Sanders could be an anti-war candidate running against a guy who got elected in part by saying he wanted out of the middle east but is instead dragging us into another war without congressional approval? Idk man, i know you can't stand Sanders but that doesn't mean he loses to Trump. If the media can sell people on going to war with Iran, maybe he loses but people care about having health care, not about getting into another endless war.

I fully expect him to be assassinated though if they can't just outright rig the primary against him.

Edited by seanbrock

What's the proper viewpoint about the airstrikes controversy? Obviously you don't want the President authorizing such things without consulting Congress, but at the same time, multiple dangerous terrorists are dead. Is that not a net positive? 

Our politcal leaders and partisan media on either side are making this a black and white issue based on party affiliation, but who's going to acknowledge the shades of gray?

Lastly, the Democrats and partisan left media who are openly outraged and pretending that these guys weren't terrorist threats are putting the final nail in Trump's 2020 landslide victory.

@BwareDWare94My question is, does the US care about terrorism? If so, then why do we give the Saudi's money and weapons? It's almost like we're creating our own enemies to justify all the money we waste dropping bombs...

On 1/4/2020 at 9:13 AM, seanbrock said:

You sure? I haven't seen a grass roots campaign with this much money and man power behind it in my lifetime. I think this conflict with Iran will go a long way towards determining that. Sanders could be an anti-war candidate running against a guy who got elected in part by saying he wanted out of the middle east but is instead dragging us into another war without congressional approval? Idk man, i know you can't stand Sanders but that doesn't mean he loses to Trump. If the media can sell people on going to war with Iran, maybe he loses but people care about having health care, not about getting into another endless war.

I fully expect him to be assassinated though if they can't just outright rig the primary against him.

I think people are getting tired of the far left imo. And Bernie is a pussy who got shouted down by two ignorant, ratchet black girls because he wouldn't stand up for himself. This DESPITE THE FACT he was saying what they were. You think he beats the biggest bully at president in a long time in the debates, nah. This is assuming the DNC doesn't screw him again.

This is anecdotal admittedly, but A LOT of people in Seattle are turning away from Democrats and thinking independent or new candidate like Yang. I also have a few liberal friends are the same way. The same stale message is souring. And the contradictions. You can't have healthcare and open borders, you can't. People are seeing this.

This Iran thing is a non issue to me.

Edited by Omerta

The DNC will screw him again. That’s a given lol 

Probably lol. I will laugh.

1 hour ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

The DNC will screw him again. That’s a given lol 

I think the question to me is will people just accept it or would they do something? 

The time has come... Everyone knew there would be a point that Bernie and Warren would have to duke it out (considering they are playing to the same crowd). The time looks like now...

Long Version

TL:DR Version:
Bernie's campaign gave talking points to their ground level volunteers to smear Warren for being a candidate for the elite and wealthy. And that she is bringing no one new to the party, just your hardcore left voters who will vote Dem no matter what.

Bernie had to come out and issue a statement saying that he likes Elizabeth very much and nobody would be attacking her... yada yada yada.

Warren has now released a statement of her own. In which she confirms that during a private meeting in 2018 regarding the 2020 election, that Bernie said a woman could not win. Warren's Statement

The debate should fun. Kappa

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Warren is a bad candidate. All she can do is say, “Free shit, taxes, I’m a woman, vote for me.”  What a shit show this is.

From the sounds of it, it seems like this was a smear on Bernie by Warren supporters, or just Warren sticking her foot in her mouth again.

• Upvote 1

It appears as if our owners have decided it will be Mayor Pete vs Trump. I'm voting Green Party.

I loved Mayor Pete's victory speech before a single vote was reported, lmao. 

"You shocked the nation, Iowa"

Ya, at just how corrupt we are and how much of a stranglehold on Democracy the Dems have. Gross. I know this is obvious, but what a garbage system and process we have for electing a leader. Lmao.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who supports Mayor Pete after this rigged primary is a cuck. Plain and simple. 

• Upvote 1

It’s just anecdotal and only for like 20 or so precincts across the state of people I talk to about local politics and stuff but almost all of them said then Bernie won going away and they have no idea how Pete is leading right now. 

Its pretty obvious the party saw huge Sanders numbers and shut that shit downnnnn . Even if he ends up pulling ahead (only 62% of precincts have been revealed ) it’s not gonna be the runaway it should’ve been. 

• Upvote 1

What have i been saying all along? Biden isn't leading. I think that much is pretty evident, so that right there tells you the polling is rigged. You don't go from leading to a distant 4th. I know it's one state but that's a big drop in the numbers. Even from the second place 21% he had in Iowa going into it. Bernie Sanders is by FAR the most popular candidate. He has the most money raised by the most people. He has the most volunteers. He has the largest attendance at events. You would have to be a fucking fool to believe this process isn't rigged and if Mayor Pete ends up winning Iowa, we know it's also totally fraudulent. It's time to abandon the Democratic party.

• Upvote 1

Follow the money...

Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg's campaign contributed money to the technological firm whose voting app contributed to reporting delays in the Iowa caucuses.

Federal Election Commission filings reveal that Buttigieg's campaign gave tens of thousands of dollars to Shadow on July 23, 2019, for "software rights and subscriptions."

I mean... I know this stuff goes on... but it still makes me sick to read.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Follow the money...

I mean... I know this stuff goes on... but it still makes me sick to read.

Weird how i'm watching NBC nightly news and they haven't said a word about that haha. You guys got your yellow vests ready? Lol