Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Maintaining Liberal Values In Spite of Mainstream Radicalism

Recommended Posts

As many of you know, I was staunchly liberal in my college years. Obviously, that's no longer the case, but the switch isn't as drastic as it appears to the reactionary eye. 

In an effort to not go TL;DR on you folks, and because I'm on mobile, I'll just pose a general question and we can expand into specifics if this thread gains steam.

How do you make the separation between what's real and what isn't in regard to how radical liberalism/leftism approaches hot button topics like racism, sexism, oppression, LGBTQ issues. 

Those are just general examples. Feel free to dig on. And obviously we're not talking about whether these things are real as a whole. They exist, but the left blows them out of proportion, and the right minimizea them. Where, in the middle of those partisan tactics, do you find reality to be?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see extreme liberal values- currently- as a threat. At all. The GOP has a racist president who lies non-stop in charge of the country and they are stacking the courts. Far more likely that the extreme right is going to be the issue in the near-future. 

Racism- Is on the rise. It was slowly dying, IMO, Trump and co. have revived it full force. Just remember, kids, there are fine people on both sides of a Nazi rally and their protesters.

Sexism- Also on the rise. "She was bleeding from her wherever" "Nasty woman" "Okay sweetheart" When the right is led by a person who is clearly a racist, sexist, narcissistic moron- and said moron was elected by 50 million people- you can't tell me we're getting past this.

LGBTQ- Fortunately getting better, no thanks to the GOP who is still trying to block marriage equality, equal adoption rights, (wtf man let the kid have a home over the foster system), and making sure that that person who looks like a man actually uses the ladies room since he was born a female.

The radical left has Antifa, which to my knowledge has not yet resulted in anyone's death, (they're still horrible, in my book, just pointing out the differences here). And Antifa is a problem and should be dealt with. But I don't feel like Antifa threatens the very nature of this country. They simply aren't big enough.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most liberals want the right to a decent life and a decent wage. Dave Chappelle and Bill Burr are both liberal. They don't like the authoritarianism of PC culture. I think they're much more representative of how the vast majority of people feel. The radical PC left are gulible morons that just like to feel superior or cool (how being a PC pussy could ever be considered cool is beyond me) but they're just an extremely vocal minority that's given an undue platform by the media to distract and divide people and create artificial problems to make it so nobody notices while the fat cat elites run out the back door with all the money. These are people like Hillary Clinton who actually hate the people whose vote they're trying to get. 

Look up The Church Committee. This is absolutely created by intelligence who has worked with media since media existed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if you are interested in reality on those issues, you need to look at what is going on objectively, along with the facts and data supporting that issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean is right: most people are much more "moderate" in their general political views than both the vocal far right and far left minorities make it seem. And there will always be "single-issue voters" too.

I used to consider myself a liberal in nearly every sense of the word. If I had to tally up my views, I'd still hold more liberal views than conservative views. I just don't feel the need nor the desire to get upset at things that the extreme left does. So what happens to me is liberals call me a racist, sexist Trump voter and conservatives call me a bleeding heart Obummer sucking snowflake. 

I hate labels. I know why they exist. I just wish they didn't. I wish I could have one conversation about one issue without someone saying of course you believe that, you voted for Obummer! Or you think some racist jokes are funny! Why aren't you outraged? Go vote for Trump again, moron. 

I get it from both sides. We're not allowed to admit that both sides have good and bad ideas. But I've never cared about society's rules, and I won't start now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with you, I'm probably very close to center. 

Where I differ is I don't think it's a vocal minority. I think most are pretty far either way, they are just quiet. I think both sides are so far beyond retarded it is baffling people elect them. How are McConnel and Feinstein still in Congress? It's baffling. Quite possibly the two biggest idiots in their respective sides.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BJORN said:

I think if you are interested in reality on those issues, you need to look at what is going on objectively, along with the facts and data supporting that issue. 

 

Sadly, the only kinds of data on those issues are partisan, leaning whichever direction depending on the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Sean is right: most people are much more "moderate" in their general political views than both the vocal far right and far left minorities make it seem. And there will always be "single-issue voters" too.

I used to consider myself a liberal in nearly every sense of the word. If I had to tally up my views, I'd still hold more liberal views than conservative views. I just don't feel the need nor the desire to get upset at things that the extreme left does. So what happens to me is liberals call me a racist, sexist Trump voter and conservatives call me a bleeding heart Obummer sucking snowflake. 

I hate labels. I know why they exist. I just wish they didn't. I wish I could have one conversation about one issue without someone saying of course you believe that, you voted for Obummer! Or you think some racist jokes are funny! Why aren't you outraged? Go vote for Trump again, moron. 

I get it from both sides. We're not allowed to admit that both sides have good and bad ideas. But I've never cared about society's rules, and I won't start now. 

My exact experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Omerta said:

I'm with you, I'm probably very close to center. 

Where I differ is I don't think it's a vocal minority. I think most are pretty far either way, they are just quiet. I think both sides are so far beyond retarded it is baffling people elect them. How are McConnel and Feinstein still in Congress? It's baffling. Quite possibly the two biggest idiots in their respective sides.

McConnell and Feinatein aren't all that different on issues that actually matter. They both suck banker cock. Both would send your children to die overseas for blood money without any hesitation at all. Both of them are willing to handout corporate welfare like candy. Difference is McConnell doesn't use identity politics issues and feminism to pretend he's something he's not. He hides behind Jesus and Patriotism to pretend he's not a complete sociopath. 

Edited by seanbrock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
×