Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

It is so hard to do just one thing in this game... I'm lvl 48 and haven't even talked to the greybeards yet. So easy to get sidetracked.

Welcome to the time vacuum that is The Elder Scrolls universe, we have been waiting.

All I have to do is find Saint Urbain in 4-2 and get him to teach me three more Miracles and I'll have Platinumed Demon's Souls. Then I can return to owning people in Dark Souls PVP.

Nice. All the item grinding in Demon's Souls struck me as a pain in the ass to do, so I never tried to get any of the trophies after my first playthrough.

Spec Ops: The Line. Not the prettiest game, and there are some graphical issues that pop up from time to time, but the story seems to be good so far. Though really, any game that plays Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner on the title screen and has stuff like Deep Purple's Hush playing throughout can't be a bad game.

Well, I kinda' just had most of the items I needed after running through the game enough times. That and I used to co-op a lot and had friends to trade with.

Oh, and now I have my first Platinum. :yep

You get real internet yet?

All I mainly play is Black Ops II now...

Idk what it is... but I can't find any video games to hold my attention anymore... I use to be a HUGE gamer... Find me a good RPG and indulge myself in countless hours of experiencing every single aspect of that video game. I can't do that anymore no matter how much I want to. This is the 2ND time I purchased Skyrim only to trade it back in... I know video games and i KNOW that Skyrim is SIMPLY amazing on all fronts. No doubt the best single player RPG game of this generation excluding some old school classic pioneer rpgs. It just simply can't hold my attention anymore no matter how bad I want to play it. I think I know the reason why though...

I've been away from console gaming for a VERY long time. All due to one of the most addicting games of all time... World of Warcraft. I've been away from console gaming for about 7 years. It was no reason for me to play anything else because World of Warcraft had everything that I needed out of a video game(with the exception of playing sports game). Just thinking about the beginnings of WoW has me all nostalgic but my experiences in that game were literally life changing due to the interactive communication with other ppl AND of how amazing of a game it was. Also the competitive nature of online gaming especially the pvp aspect of games. The pve aspect as well utilizing my class to the peak of it's potential topping damage charts and healing charts etc...WoW set the bar so high for me that I can't settle for ANYTHING less of a game then WoW was... Nothing else can hold my attention; no offline game can. I find myself going from game to game trying to find that right medium but I never turn out satisfied. I think I'm solely stuck on MMOs and that sucks because the MMO genre is currently dead. I went from Rift to Star Wars the Old Republic and beyond and nothing compares to WoW. WoW can't step out of their own shadow that they created because the game is not as good as it use to be. So I'm just hoping and waiting for other good MMOs to come out. Looking forward to trying Elder of Scrolls online and I am FEVERISHLY waiting for Blizzard to announce their new MMO Titan. They have all the original developers from Vanilla WoW on their staff and they know what they are doing in the MMO field. They have been sitting on this game for several years now taking good ideas from other MMOs like SWTOR, Rift along with other games and will mesh them all together mixed with their own innovative ideas and make an AWESOME game... I'm hoping anyway.

So yeah... if anyone has any games they'd like to recommend, please don't be shy. Right now all I play right now is Black Ops II and a lil NBA2K13. Traded in Madden because is sucks monkey dick now so now I'm back into basketball. Doesn't matter what genre. It can be online or offline. If it's online, I like competitive games which is why I play Black Ops II kinda hardcore. It can be RPG, action adventure etc, doesn't matter.To get a general idea of the games that I like (liked) , God Of War, GTA, old school RPG games like FF7, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Majoras Mask, Legend of Dragoon etc. While most of those games were in my child hood, they still have a high replay value to me (probably because they are classics; mainly FF7). Anyone who replies, much appreciated.

Edited by dutchff7

Well, I kinda' just had most of the items I needed after running through the game enough times. That and I used to co-op a lot and had friends to trade with.

Oh, and now I have my first Platinum. :yep

You get real internet yet?

Ah yeah, that definitely helps things.

And no, I haven't. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to have real internet.

This bass is tiring as hell. Working on fc'ing ( hitting every note without breaking a streak) it.

Dutch has me thinking about trading in Madden as well. I would of done it already but I play people for money... But this game does blow.

Madden sucks donkey dick now man... It has for a while now. The only reason I continued to play it because I'm a football junkie and I live in my own football fantasy world creating all types of interesting scenarios...lol. But the game play is so garbage. It's so unrealistic at times and has so many glitches.. it pisses me off. I don't get that realistic game play experience so I can't force myself to play it anymore.

NFL2K5 was the best football game of ALL TIME and I've been a dedicated Madden fan every year since Madden 95 on Sega Genesis when you had to spam A,B & C to unlock the Panthers in Jaguars (Madden said "pow" when you unlocked them). NFL2K5 was the realist football experience that I've ever had the privilege of playing. NFL2K5 surpassed Madden in sells (mainly because it was only 20$) but it was also nominated as the best football game of the year. EA couldn't let their best money maker tumble so they bought out the NFL football license which made it so only they could make football games. Smart move no doubt but Madden sucks.

People found a way to update the Rosters and are playing NFL2K13. I'm going to find out how to do it but take a look. Best football game ever right here.

Skip to 1:45 for gameplay

Edited by dutchff7

That game looked like shit...

Madden IS shit.

I am not arguing that. I was just stating that that clip looked like shit. Cool idea and all to update the game, but the engine looked dated as hell.

Can someone explain to me the Dark Souls CoOp play?

I am not arguing that. I was just stating that that clip looked like shit. Cool idea and all to update the game, but the engine looked dated as hell.

The game is almost a DECADE old. What exactly are you expecting.

pong.jpeg

Awwww shit. Lookin dated as hell!!!

• Upvote 1

Can someone explain to me the Dark Souls CoOp play?

Dark/Demon's Souls is set up so that there are distinct areas or "levels" if you will and they sometimes include mini-bosses and always culminate in a boss.

If you haven't defeated an area's boss you can find signs on the ground that people can drop to have you summon them into your world as a "phantom" in order to help you with the level. If you defeat the boss as a phantom you gain Souls and Humanity. As a host you can summon two phantoms to join you at a time.

Alternatively, if you are in "human form" (if you die you become "hollow form", which prevents you from summoning phantoms. Humanity allows you to turn into human form) you are also liable to be invaded by other players for PVP matches. A lot of douchebags will sit around with phantoms and wait to be invaded so they can gang up and kill you in lameness.

I see... So you can't actually join up with another players character and bring them into your world.. Just a.. friend controlled... "phantom"?

Edited by Favre4Ever

I see... So you can't actually join up with another players character and bring them into your world.. Just a.. friend controlled... "phantom"?

The phantoms are the same as their actual character, they just look like astral projections.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

The game is almost a DECADE old. What exactly are you expecting.

pong.jpeg

Awwww shit. Lookin dated as hell!!!

that shit looks top-notch to me....

2k Sports has fallen off since the NFL days. They make terrible NBA games now with awful laggy servers. I think they stopped making MLB games they were so bad :facepalm:

The phantoms are the same as their actual character, they just look like astral projections.

I see, I see. Thanks for the help bro.

I am trying to play Dark Souls on the PC. I would not recommend the experience to *anyone*.

First off, it's a terrible terrible port, and requires downloading a patch made by a community member to even get it to run at the correct resolution, otherwise it looks like shit.

But I could deal with that, I am fine with modding games, its what makes PC games better, IMO.

I would have not bought the game, however, had I known that it came with Games for Windows Live- aka the biggest piece of crap ever shoved down a customer's throat by Microsoft. It refuses to sign in when I am starting up Dark Souls, so I have to play offline. Well, that's really irritating considering that DS has an online part, but okay, maybe I can fix that later, I'll just go ahead and play, right? Wrong.

Because Microsoft's GFWL service is run by the douchiest McDouchebag that ever walked this planet, if you aren't logged in, *you cannot save games*. Which, as anyone who has played DS would know, is imperative in a game like this. So every time I start the game up, I have to get a new character. The game is unplayable, and on any other platform I would be able to demand and get my money back, but because we are so ass-backwards with regards to online entertainment, I cannot.

I am more than willing to try anything to fix this, so if anyone has any advice, or pirated copies, (gasp), hit me. This is so fucking stupid. Wasted the last two hours trying to fix this and got nowhere.

I am trying to play Dark Souls on the PC. I would not recommend the experience to *anyone*.

First off, it's a terrible terrible port, and requires downloading a patch made by a community member to even get it to run at the correct resolution, otherwise it looks like shit.

But I could deal with that, I am fine with modding games, its what makes PC games better, IMO.

I would have not bought the game, however, had I known that it came with Games for Windows Live- aka the biggest piece of crap ever shoved down a customer's throat by Microsoft. It refuses to sign in when I am starting up Dark Souls, so I have to play offline. Well, that's really irritating considering that DS has an online part, but okay, maybe I can fix that later, I'll just go ahead and play, right? Wrong.

Because Microsoft's GFWL service is run by the douchiest McDouchebag that ever walked this planet, if you aren't logged in, *you cannot save games*. Which, as anyone who has played DS would know, is imperative in a game like this. So every time I start the game up, I have to get a new character. The game is unplayable, and on any other platform I would be able to demand and get my money back, but because we are so ass-backwards with regards to online entertainment, I cannot.

I am more than willing to try anything to fix this, so if anyone has any advice, or pirated copies, (gasp), hit me. This is so fucking stupid. Wasted the last two hours trying to fix this and got nowhere.

Man, that's fucking terrible. I'm really sorry. I've only ever played on PS3 (I generally prefer console gaming unless it's an MMORPG or a PC exclusive), so I don't think I'd be any help. =/

Did you buy it through Steam or have you tried playing through Steam?

I found this:

http://leviathyn.com/games-2/pc/2012/09/07/games-for-windows-live-not-working-for-dark-souls-or-fable-3-heres-a-fix/

The guy says if you download some free game it fixes it, lol.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Man, that's fucking terrible. I'm really sorry. I've only ever played on PS3 (I generally prefer console gaming unless it's an MMORPG or a PC exclusive), so I don't think I'd be any help. =/

Did you buy it through Steam or have you tried playing through Steam?

I bought it through Steam, but it still uses GFWL- same as the two Batman games which were a pain in the ass to get set up. I swore then I would never buy another game no matter how hyped it was if it came with GFWL- I simply didn't see that DS had it.

It makes no sense from an anti-piracy standpoint because it *already* uses Steam. It's redundant, frustrating, and does nothing but piss off every single PC gamer I know. Maybe like 10 people in the world like GFWL and those are the achievement whores.

I could have told you this before you bought it. I JUST bought the game, but did some research and not many nice things were said about the PC version.

Heck, when you go to buy the game on steam, it suggests you use a an actual console controller as the keyboard is just completely impractical.

You go in game (on PC) and even getting through the tutorial is a struggle because of the controls, and the fact that all of the directions are based off a controller set up and not a keyboard.

My brother almost bought it through Steam, but he thought better when the game warned him how awful it would be. Haha.