Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Finished the Ghosts campaign. Enjoyed it a lot, loved the different level designs, loved the characters and there is a nice twist that sets it up for Ghosts II... CANT WAIT

That twist was bullshit. They could have pulled off a Ghosts II without that ending. :nonono:

Gives II a real purpose, IMO...

ghosts is shit

in other news, div 1 world in recon score, engineer score, dmr, carbines and scout helicopter score in bf4. get on my level

• Upvote 1

All I hear i jealousy out of you, Funny

Been playing Call of Duty Ghost Ops for the last 2-3 days or so (sick :() so here are my thoughts:

- Haven't played the story mode yet

- Evacuation is awesome. I like that and I think (as a hardcore Nazi Zombies fan) that this mode matches the recent Nazi Zombies that Black Ops put out. World at War Zombies will forever be the best in my heart, as it's very nostalgic to me, but Extermination is really a fun game mode to play with friends and it's really tactical.

- Haven't played Squads yet Idk what that is.

- Multiplayer. I'm very undecided about this... I can totally tell they went for a tactical type playing now, which is both good and bad. For starters, it's now not all about solo-play. That's good and bad... sometimes I want to play by myself and just kinda play for fun, not caring whether win or lose. I can't believe they fucked off with so many game modes that everyone liked. Demolition - that was one of their most popular modes and they trashed it. Their new modes are "meh" imo. They're decent to screw around with for a while but they get boring and they're not as good as the classics. Search and Destroy got a nice twist put on it with the revives, but I can see where it would become annoying, cuz as a sniper, even if you shoot em in the head at long range, they won't die (if they're revived), as they would have previously with last stand or whatever. Hunted is kind of annoying cuz you have to keep running around and I like to slowly move around the map and check my surroundings... they're basically asking me to run into open fire in that game mode. Blitz is incredibly team oriented and like I said, people don't usually like playing as a team. Haven't played Crunked yet or whatever it's called. Infected was an awesome gamemode they brought into call of duty and for some reason, even though it was the most popular mode on MW3, they fucked around with it and now it's incredibly boring. You get one (shitty) shotgun, no second weapon, one explosive, no ability to collect ammo...etc. For those who didn't play infected, in MW3, you start with a random gun and attachment, a random secondary pistol, which was possibly dual wielded, you had either C4, or a Claymore, which you could replenish off of getting kills, and after every 2 kills you got a bonus perk. That doesn't exist in this game mode, making it even more uneventful being a non-zombie. Before, it was "frantically survive with my team and try to outlast the infection" now it's "wait in this corner until I get stabbed".

All in all I can't really say I'm impressed. I might end up liking it but it really doesn't even feel like call of duty to me anymore. I used to be really into the series, probably around freshman year of high school when Cod4 came out, up until Black Ops 1 came out. I think the biggest thing about Ghost Ops is that they tried to bring social/tactical play into a game with players who don't care to play that way. Call of duty players have NEVER experienced a majority in the tactical side. It's almost always been casual and friend-oriented (to an extent) play. Yes there was clans and groups you could join, but it wasn't integrated into the game like it is now. They're basically encouraging us to do something that most people don't have an interest in doing.

I applaud the cod makers for trying hard to not "recreate" a game that came out last year, though I think in this case they missed the target on what new game the players would want. I don't think that the style of this game will catch on.

Gonna take this opportunity to also say I hope that a WW2 call of duty makes an appearance again. Modern style war games have been outdone imo... yeah there's definitely more capabilities but the theme is just boring to me now. Feel like they need a more variety...

• Upvote 1

There's only so much you can do with a WWII game though.. There are only so many weapons to use, only so many stories to tell, etc. While I would be more open to it now than I was a few years ago when WWII shooters were the only shooters in existence... I think I am more content with this modern spin on the shooters, but everyone has their own preference. :yep:

I just feel like the gaming world needs a really well done WW2 game... might be just me but I've always been dying for a game set in WW2 where you could actually control the outcome. I could pick a country out of Japan, USA, USSR, Britain, Germany, or France, and fight in the campaign and my successes or failures in the individual missions would change the pace of the war. Would be crazily in depth and complicated, but say, playing as a Red Army infantryman, my faction is defeated in the battle of Stalingrad... then Germany captures the city, advances north to a surrounded Moscow where the Red Army makes its final stand against the German war machine. The fact that, geographically, the Soviet capital would likely be surrounded, would make the individual Battle of Moscow (II) mission more difficult to win. Tons of outcomes but that would just be so sweet imo...

Yeah I know that's not happening but I'd still like a WW2 game :laugh:

You aren't looking hard enough. Or at least in the right genre.

^

look at company of heroes, its an RTS sort of game but it has most of the things you asked for

Gives II a real purpose, IMO...

It could have a real purpose considering

The Federation is still kicking and the war isn't over, and there has to be some major figurehead still alive for The Federation to be that powerful even after you killed their leader in that flashback mission. The way in which they saved Rhorke was infuriating.

Ya, I was kind miffed right away that he was still alive. Kind of a cop out... How do you take a magnum bullet through the chest and escape a sinking train car? lol.

But the story possibilities that open up now that he has Logan and is undoubtedly going to do to you (Logan) what was done to him... CAN NOT WAIT.

There was a quote from Elias on Rorke, something to the effect of... "They broke down his body.... and then they worked on his mind. After they broke his mind, they began working on his soul"

That alone... I mean... OH MAN. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!? I MUST KNOW! Ending video games on a cliffhanger is so douche-like. But now I need more. :shifty:

^

look at company of heroes, its an RTS sort of game but it has most of the things you asked for

What is RTS? I probably won't get another game I don't play many games. Usually only ones that my friends play.

Real-time strategy.

I love WW2 games as well...would love for another COD WW2 game. And I don't really think the guns matter to the player base not to mention how awesome the WW2 guns are. It's all about gameplay and the maps.

• Upvote 1

I love WW2 games as well...would love for another COD WW2 game. And I don't really think the guns matter to the player base not to mention how awesome the WW2 guns are. It's all about gameplay and the maps.

+1!

That is one of my arguments for it. I never really heard players getting annoyed about the guns in World at War (sans MP40 which was definitely cheap, but not gamebreaking). What I heard most about was the maps and the tanks (which were only in some maps). I can't think of one thing from World at War I didn't like. I still play it from time to time, and I'd play it more often if people didn't fly hack and get themselves god mode :shifty:

Real-time strategy.

Is that like Age of Empires?

+1!

That is one of my arguments for it. I never really heard players getting annoyed about the guns in World at War (sans MP40 which was definitely cheap, but not gamebreaking). What I heard most about was the maps and the tanks (which were only in some maps). I can't think of one thing from World at War I didn't like. I still play it from time to time, and I'd play it more often if people didn't fly hack and get themselves god mode :shifty:

Real-time strategy.

Is that like Age of Empires?

That's an example of one, yeah.

Mount and Blade: Warband (A Clash of Kings Mod)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0bya8DeCUg

AMAZING. Me and my army of Dornish peasant spearmen are running various jobs until we're strong enough to take holdings.

So a bunch of things happened and now I'm roaming the countryside fucking shit up for Renly Baratheon. Tried to go to Stannis but he was being a dick.

How are the spawns worse? They spawn you almost too far from the action. Spawn kills are completely banished, which is nice.

Are we even playing the same game? Spawn kills are FAR from banished

• Upvote 1

Free For All has the most broken system by far. I think they only have spawns for the number of players in each game which leads to massive camp fests. Other than that, I haven't been spawned near an enemy in which I couldn't have killed if I were just paying more attention.

Free For All has the most broken system by far. I think they only have spawns for the number of players in each game which leads to massive camp fests. Other than that, I haven't been spawned near an enemy in which I couldn't have killed if I were just paying more attention.

I can't count how many times i've been spawned infront of someone and quite a few times i was spawned in between two enemies, killed the one infront but the one behind me killed me. I've also spawned right next to enemies also spawning, fun times.

What game types do you typically play?

I can't count how many times i've been spawned infront of someone and quite a few times i was spawned in between two enemies, killed the one infront but the one behind me killed me. I've also spawned right next to enemies also spawning, fun times.

Yea, granted I suck at this one so my experience is probably reflected in my complaining. But I play kill confirmed frequently and the spawn is dreadful.

I don't really care anymore as the game is still relatively fun now that I'm playing with friends (even though I suck and win a lot of games because they are actually good) but I still find myself and many of my friends bitching about the spawns, the maps being too big causing for slow ass games and so on.

I've officially taken the role of the decoy. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Yea, granted I suck at this one so my experience is probably reflected in my complaining. But I play kill confirmed frequently and the spawn is dreadful.

I don't really care anymore as the game is still relatively fun now that I'm playing with friends (even though I suck and win a lot of games because they are actually good) but I still find myself and many of my friends bitching about the spawns, the maps being too big causing for slow ass games and so on.

I've officially taken the role of the decoy. :yep:

If you're talking about Ghost Ops then yeah I think some maps are way too big. For example, the jungly one with the mineshaft... I ran from my spawn, then got to a building and was like, wow I've made it to the other side of the map, now what... nope. That was only halfway across. There's another one that's like a floating city or something where there was a bomb hit the town... idk. Just some maps are really frigging big and it's unnecessary. Also I hate all the weird crap that goes on in the maps. One time this building I was next to blew up and it freaked me out. Then I died cuz I was staring at the building and yelling at it lol.

If you want a faster paced game, I wouldn't pick arguably the slowest paced game type :nope: Try Blitz or Hunted if you want something more high octane. :yep:

If you want a faster paced game, I wouldn't pick arguably the slowest paced game type :nope: Try Blitz or Hunted if you want something more high octane. :yep:

I tried Cranked thinking it would be fast paced but it turns out kids camp even more on that.