Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Now the ps4 is collecting dust?

For the longest time you were saying how you play the PS4 more and your xbone just collects dust. :shrug:

It was. Then all my friends decided to finally start playing xbone (were on PC) so I switched back over. I really don't have time for either console right now.

Xbox One, Master Chief Collection, and a $30 gift card at Walmart on Black Friday for $330. Now just gotta see if Gamestop can top that, although I doubt it. Let's get it. I am ready to be consumed!!!!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Ubisoft has really gone down the shitter this past year. Used to be one of my favorite developers and was excited for all the releases coming up. But after seeing report after report about these next-gen games not even being close to next-gen and then seeing the shit that is AC:U, I have given up all hope for Ubi.

Xbox One, Master Chief Collection, and a $30 gift card at Walmart on Black Friday for $330. Now just gotta see if Gamestop can top that, although I doubt it. Let's get it. I am ready to be consumed!!!!

Target might though... Xbox One, Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flag, and a $50 gift card for $330.

Why the fuck is Dragon Age coming out the same freakin day as Far Cry? That's a damn shame.

Same with GTA 5 haha

• Upvote 1

Just bought Unity for 45 dollars. Hope its good :shifty:

One of my friends said it was amazing and that AC was finally getting back to its roots. Be sure to elt me know what you think.. Although I will probably get it anyway, unless it's a replica of AC III.

One of my friends said it was amazing and that AC was finally getting back to its roots. Be sure to elt me know what you think.. Although I will probably get it anyway, unless it's a replica of AC III.

I got it to try out the Co Op with some friends. Its downloading now. Ill let you know when I actually get around to playing it, which will probably be never :yao:. Hurrah for working 7 days a week

Prepare for microtransactions to be thrown in your face, graphics to be very subpar for a next-gen, the mass amount of citizens to be traveling on set paths in a grid, and to hear the same dialogue over and over.

Playing Shadow of Mordor made me appreciate games like AC. But playing it on a friend's Xbox, I'm still not feeling it. I'll wait on games till the 18th. >_>

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I must be the only one who liked AC3 lol.

Want more pirate shit like in AC4, that was refreshing and amazing. Running around in a city and killing guards and having questionable endings is getting too old to have a new game of it every year.

And why would you choose far cry 4 over dragon age? The antagonist sounds and feels like Vaas all over again lol, But "yes coop!!!" What happened to ubisoft.

• Upvote 2

Our most recent memories of Dragon Age are shit and disappointment. Far Cry 3 was awesome. I have been on the DA bandwagon since before this game was even announced, but I can't blame people who have been turned off by it.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how you can look at DA:I stuff and not look forward to it. But then again, this is coming from apparently one of the few people who didn't hate DA2.

• Downvote 1

I don't see how you can look at DA:I stuff and not look forward to it. But then again, this is coming from apparently one of the few people who didn't hate DA2.

Blasphemy.

Clearly you are a console gamer and have not seen the light of the PC masterrace.

(For real though, DA2 sucked.)

I've heard that ACU is awful beyond words, that its graphics are terrible unless you have a supercomputer- its not built very well, much like Oblivion- and that microtransactions are abundant.

It was so bad it prompted the newest South Park episode, actually.

• Upvote 1

I saw ModernWarNegro play it on his live feed. Straight ass. I'm not buying Far Cry till I see that it's not utter garbage from a technical point like ACU has been.

He was on the PS4 (the "stronger" console) and the frame rates would drop to ridiculous levels when surrounded by NPCs. There were also glitches for days, and the NPC opponents were beyond stupid when it comes to dealing with the assassin hiding.

I stopped watching after about the fifth time he went through a wall... For stuff like that to still happen on a "next gen" console is pretty sad. Granted, it was a pre-release version, but I've heard the same complaints, and I saw some of that stuff the little bit I played it on someone else's Xbox.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I saw ModernWarNegro play it on his live feed. Straight ass. I'm not buying Far Cry till I see that it's not utter garbage from a technical point like ACU has been.

He was on the PS4 (the "stronger" console) and the frame rates would drop to ridiculous levels when surrounded by NPCs. There were also glitches for days, and the NPC opponents were beyond stupid when it comes to dealing with the assassin hiding.

I stopped watching after about the fifth time he went through a wall... For stuff like that to still happen on a "next gen" console is pretty sad. Granted, it was a pre-release version, but I've heard the same complaints, and I saw some of that stuff the little bit I played it on someone else's Xbox.

Wait. Are you saying previews to ACU have been terrible or Far Cry 4? :unsure:

I must be the only one who liked AC3 lol.

Want more pirate shit like in AC4, that was refreshing and amazing. Running around in a city and killing guards and having questionable endings is getting too old to have a new game of it every year.

And why would you choose far cry 4 over dragon age? The antagonist sounds and feels like Vaas all over again lol, But "yes coop!!!" What happened to ubisoft.

I loved AC3 personally.

The worst thing I heard about ACU was that there are sections of the game that you MUST co-op to complete... I understand the gimmick but it shouldn't be forced like that.

I been playin FFVIII and for some reason Minecraft :shrug:

You're really bad at that game dude. :smug:

Just starting Far Cry 4. Epic level 6 or so atm.

How are you playing Far Cry already!?

DAI lives up to the hype so far. The combat system is a hybrid of DA2 and DAO. It's not as tactical as DAO was, but DAO also may have been a bit too much for most people.

Nightmare is a legit challenge, the graphics are astounding and the storyline is epic.

Only played four hours so far, but this game has all the makings of a legit successor to DAO.

How are you playing Far Cry already!?

:devious:

DAI lives up to the hype so far. The combat system is a hybrid of DA2 and DAO. It's not as tactical as DAO was, but DAO also may have been a bit too much for most people.

Nightmare is a legit challenge, the graphics are astounding and the storyline is epic.

Only played four hours so far, but this game has all the makings of a legit successor to DAO.

God dammit D: whyyy? Bleh. Did you get it on PC?

If anyone was on the fence, get Far Cry 4, it's constantly awesome. The animals are so impressive lol :lol:

I am legit happy that Thanatos likes DA:I.

Finished The Evil Within last night. First run on survival (which is essentially your default normal) ended at 22:48:44 with 134 deaths (and I still missed a decent amount of collectibles and stuff to flesh the story out).

I think I'd give it somewhere in the 8-8.5 range.

The voice acting is meh (I love me some Anson Mount, just not necessarily in this), though I think that's more on the script than anything. There's not really a ton of dialogue and most of what's there is just to push the story along it seems.

And that brings us to the story. Not awful, but not amazing either; you know, your typical horror game fare. Some good ideas, but everything needs to fleshed out more. But really, no one ever plays these types of games for their story. I think it would've helped if everything would've been just one large chapter instead of things being broken up, but it works for the most part.

The gameplay is really the best part of this (as it should be). No quick-time events (other than to open some door, but you're typically not doing it under duress. Typically.) You do have to manage your ammo and supplies ( I didn't have many instances where I completely ran out of everything until late in the game) but the drops from monsters and what you find are fairly frequent, so as long as you don't try to go Rambo on everything you should be alright. Taking your time to line up a headshot when you're one hit away from death and you only have one bullet left with a monster a couple feet away from you and then getting the payoff is satisfying.

The first few chapters had me the most shook I've been since RE4 (damn you, chainsaws), but after that, I found myself less and less affected by the game itself, even when facing similar things later on. Dunno if that's a flaw with the game or just a byproduct of me becoming detached from the game (a flaw of the game?).

I'd probably recommend getting the game on next-gen, or PC. The PS3 version isn't the prettiest game. There's a lot of pop-in, it doesn't seem to run that smooth, and the models aren't that great (not horrible, just not great.)

All in all, a fun game.

Bring on the sequel?