Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Vin be like:

tumblr_inline_o9uc7mDqYs1ru0sir_500.png

EVERY GAME

I WILL PLAY ANA EVERY GAME

Some new changes too:

GameSpot got the opportunity to talk to Blizzard principal designer Scott Mercer about Competitive Play. He told us about the one-hero limit and said that although the change is coming to Competitive, players who want to stack their team full of the same hero won't be limited in Quick Play.

"The big thing for Competitive Play is we're going to turn on one-hero limit, so players will not be able to stack more than one of the same hero within a Competitive match. It's not going to affect Quick Play at all, but it is something we're going to turn on for Competitive."

Another point of conversation we had with Mercer was Competitive's implementation of ties. Blizzard plans to ditch Sudden Death in Season 2 and instead allow matches to end without a win or loss. Mercer said the developer plans to make sure ties don't make players feel like they didn't get anything for their efforts.

"We definitely want players to feel like if they had a tie, their time wasn't completely wasted," Mercer said. "So we're trying to find the sweet spot of a lot of players feel like, 'Oh, well, we got something out of it,' but at the same time not create situations where players might collude and create some nasty situations there. We're still discussing that."

Mercer also discussed an upcoming patch with us, which delivers balance updates to "quite a few of the heroes." The patch notes are not yet available, but he gave us a few examples of what we can expect when it goes live.

"There's been a lot of talk in the community about how D.Va and Zenyatta felt a little bit underpowered, so we're making changes to them," Mercer explained. "Zenyatta is getting a little more shields, and he goes a lot faster when he uses his Ultimate.

"D.Va's Defense Field, instead of clicking it and it lasting three or four seconds and having a long cooldown, it's now something where you can toggle it on and off and there's a meter that runs that."

Hero stacking in competitive is gone, and we get Zen buff, aw yiss. Not sure how I feel about that D.Va change, though. She's already pretty annoying whenever I'm playing as anyone but Rein, and that change seems like it'll make her even more annoying.

I like everything. Zen needed a buff, like the toggle on Dva instead.

Ana looks fucking amazing. When is she coming out?

She's already on the PTR on PC. I would assume a regular release would be next week.

The WoW pre-patch came out today, gonna give it a shot. It's bad but part of me wants Legion to bomb so Blizz will get their act together and make WC4 :wah:

Ana + buffs just hit PS4.

I know what I'm doing tonight. :yes:

Oh snap, Sym's turrets got hit with the same 30% damage nerf as Torb's did. :ooo:

Apparently Mei's ice wall is bugged now too. It's permanent until another is placed, or you break through it. Payloads can go through it without breaking it. Hilarious.

Edited by Vin

Atlas Reactor is the most fun I've had playing a MOBA (loosely defined as such, its not really), I think ever.

I'll try to describe it, but its going to be hard to sum up. In one sentence: Atlas Reactor is both a simultaneous and turn-based MOBA, with no lanes, minions, items, gold, or levels.

Here's how it works. The game plays out as a 4v4. Each character has different abilities that fall under one of three categories: Prep, Dash, or Blast. Each character also has an ultimate ability that must be charged up prior to use. Using abilities and actually landing them charges it the quickest, although merely moving around the map also charges it. No ability requires any energy except for your ultimate, the only thing restricting ability usage is cooldowns.

Each turn plays out in this order- Prep->Dash->Blast->Move. All actions taking place during the same phase play out at the same time. Most of the time, you can only pick one action per turn, so taking a prep action will let you go in the first phase, but will prevent you from using any other phase. (There are "free actions" that break this rule and can be comboed with other abilities.) Most of the time, you can also move at the end of the turn. (Dash abilities generally will not allow you to move after using them- you end up wherever you dashed to.)

Prep abilities are generally healing, shields, or traps. Think someone is about to dash away? Put a trap next to them to trigger when they do so.

Dash abilities are pretty self explanatory- you dash to a location or target, sometimes doing damage.

Blast is the main phase and where the majority of damaging abilities play out. You might go to blast someone with your shotgun, only to have them dash to the side on the same turn. But then again, you might know they have their dash up and adjust your aim accordingly, guessing where they will dash to.

The kicker is you only have 20 seconds to analyze the battlefield, take your action, and then make your move. (Though each player has two time banks per game that extends their time by five seconds.) First to five kills, or the team leading in kills after 20 turns, wins. If you die, you respawn one turn later.

If the teams are tied after 20 turns, the game enters sudden death. After that, if any team is leading in kills at the end of any turn, (remember, simultaneous action, so its not next kill wins), then they win the game. I've seen 9 kills to 8 win one game.

If you are killed during someone else's dash or prep phase, you will still take your action, even if it was an action that resolves in blast phase. And other people- or your own abilities- can heal you back to positive life and prevent you from dying so long as it is done that turn.

It's amazingly fun, its one of the deepest strategy games I've ever played- the really good players try to predict where others are going to dash to if they know they have a dash up, and then aim their skills that way- and here's the great part: It is completely free for the next week. It's on Steam. If you really like the game, you can buy it for $20 and get all heroes free forever. There's in-game purchases, but outside of the heroes themselves, everything is purely cosmetic.

There's also differing builds for each hero that slightly change up abilities- say by adding 20 shields when using that ability.

The community is also- and its not even fucking close- the nicest community I've ever been in for a MOBA.

There is only one caveat. It's made by Trion. Trion, who screwed up Arche-Age so badly its completely dead now. That's the only thing that gives me pause for this game. Oh, and this also means you need their Glyph client to run the game, which is a shame.

My Glyph tag is Koravel#6735, if anyone wants to download the game and give it a shot, add me and we can play some games.

Edited by Thanatos

No Man's Sky being leaked. It's beautiful. :blaine:

FyxdDtvh.jpg

No variety they said. All the animals will look the same they said.

New 3v3 rocket league-esque brawl in Overwatch this week, as well as new limited release Olympics-related skins and sprays and stuff.

:notbad:

Wut? Mine says August 12th.

Wut? Mine says August 12th.

PS4 is at midnight.

Can't wait for it to be a buggy piece of shit and be unplayable for the first few days. :ooo:

Can't wait for it to be a buggy piece of shit and be unplayable for the first few days. :ooo:

Fuck yourself, Razur. :no:

So life is still all CSGO. I'm up to Gold Nova 3 which I never expected to be near after only a few months playing. I need to improve my aim and fully understand spray patterns but I'm getting there. Just wish I new my average ADR so I'd have a better understanding about effectiveness in game.

Do any of you guys have Steam accounts and what's the names if so

Anyone here playing No Man's Sky? Would love to hear some opinions on it.

Relatively repetitive. Smooth gameplay. Type of game you sit down for an hour or two and just chill and play. I really like how they handled trading and mining, but the procgen is relatively predictable. I'd say unless you're a huge fan of exploration and collecting resources in a game you should wait until the price drops.

It's essentially what you'd expect from a procedurally generated universe game with basic combat and interaction with NPCs. Miles wide but an inch deep. That said I personally love it and the game gets a lot of undue hate solely because of the BS hype train most people loaded up on.

I heard it has like Resident Evil 1 levels of inventory management, and that it's actually just a turdfire.

I heard it has like Resident Evil 1 levels of inventory management, and that it's actually just a turdfire.

It's a turdfire for those who went in expecting a game with serious depth that's been handcrafted for special moments. Anyone who understands how procedural generation works saw this as the result.

Apparently there are rumours that CSGO could be getting the Source 2 upgrade that DOTA 2 has had. If so it will be a big improvement for it

Got into this closed beta of a PC game called Dreadnought (made or helped made by the same people who did Spec Ops: The Line). Probably be messing around with that when/if the download ever finishes tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRHZDX7itk

Edited by Vin