Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

400 Days kinda sucks. Pretty disappointing.

Not enough meat in the scenarios (and the scenarios sucked for the most part. Pretty awful main and periphery characters), and no real payoff in the end. Just...eh.

Hmmm, I wouldn't disagree that the individual sections aren't the strongest. However, I thought how they integrated those sections not only with each other but into and building off of the ending of season one. I felt it was a nice launching pad into getting away from season 1, and separating that great experience from what is sure to be the next one in Season 2.

Is Borderlands 2 DLC worth buying?

Tomb Raider for the ps4

yes wtf is this even a question

did you ever play bl1 dlc?

I bought the Mechromancer DLC, and then never played it. Started playing Skyrim and Assassin's Creed 2 for some reason, depression probably.

Anyone recommend any good Skyrim mods?

That's kind of what I am afraid of. In entirety, the DLC is like $60. And I don't know if I am prepared to buy a new game for BL2 when I am content with how it all ended. lol

DLC doesn't expand on the ending of the story lol, its like entirely new content and side-story, really awesome in that..

60 bucks though damn, shoulda picked up the season pass when it was like 15 bucks like me. 15 bucks = all DLC, stop mirin FFE

I am only Lvl 35, but I am down anytime.

Updates!

Finished all of Borderlands, obv. Did every quest minus the last "raid boss" as I never played MP. Dunno if I am going DLC or not... Doubt it.

Went back and 100%d Bastion. Such a great game. Oh man, so awesome.

Dunno what is next. Maybe a little Dynasty Warriors 8 just to kill time until Final Fantasy. Or I could rush through and finish Reckoning. Hmm.

Dunno what is next. Maybe a little Dynasty Warriors 8 just to kill time until Final Fantasy. Or I could rush through and finish Reckoning. Hmm.

I'm saddened that you own Batman: Arkham City and have yet to play it.

>_>

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

My excuse is always that I want to dedicate real time to it. I don't want to feel rushed, because I know I will get into it. I have about 7 days until the next release I am getting and I just don't want to squish Batman in there. BUt of coursed... then I will wait again, and then another game will come out and the cycle will keep repeating. :laugh:

Finished all of Borderlands, obv. Did every quest minus the last "raid boss" as I never played MP. Dunno if I am going DLC or not... Doubt it.

smh

Didn't you tell me to stop playing it before I even beat the game? :laugh:

Man, they have made so many great improvements to the Dynasty Warriors franchise since I played last.

The story mode has a better layout and narrative style. Makes it a little more interactive and more fun to learn about with the multiple cut scenes and integrated battle strategies.

There is a new empire mode which I haven't tried yet, but it looks amazing. The ability to build up your own dynasty, collect resources, take over new territories, etc etc.

The weapon and loot system has been in overhaul mode the last couple of installments, and I think they have it nailed down pretty well. Lots of great new skills, and a new knot in combat. Usually DW is a senseless hack and slash title... And it still can be if you want. But they have integrated a lot more specific chains, counters, and weapon switch combos that infuse more strategy into the hack and slash genre.

The greatest thing, maybe, is the new character models and diverse group of characters in this game. In previous titles, I really had like 2 favorite characters and didn't care about the rest. Gan Ning and Xiahou Dun, bitches! But these new characters and the updates they gave them aesthetically are just amazing.

I went and finished the Jin story line, and loved most of those characters, including Sima Zhao. #Winning. I realize a lot of these were included in DW 7... but I was put off by the collective pile of shit DW 6 was and never got 7. So a lot of these are new to me, and I am extremely impressed.

I also like having a few of these "mindless" games to play while I stream and watch shows and movies online. Usually Madden is my go to in that category, but this may definitely take that top spot.

EDIT: Oh, I started the Wei Story and of course choose my beloved Xiahou Dun to play as. They fucking neutered him. From like DW 4 which is my favorite installment previously, I always knew him to wield this giant scimitar. Amazing. I start up this new campaign and his default weapon is a baton. :laugh::troll: It's easy enough to swap out weapons, but come on man... Badass characters don't wield deadly batons.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Favre I'm not sure what price you were looking at for BL2 DLC. Right now, it is $10 for BL2 on steam and all DLC, and even if its not on sale, it's only $20.

I try to limit the encouragement of monopolies and the general decline of gaming as much as I possibly can. :troll:

Plus, any games that I actually care about, I have a physical copy of. Old habits die hard. Same thing with reading. Fuck reading off a kindle (or whatever else), I will take a book.

EDIT: Out of morbid curiosity, I checked it out. I think the game itself is $10... And at 50% off that is still more than I paid for the game straight up. With the DLC is $20 at half off... Which would be a great deal but man, that brain fucking from Steam. They use the same logic that fast food restaurants use to get you to spend more. So sad... All the DLC separate, at 50% off is $60. Pretty much the same. Does me no good, unfortunately.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly. Yes all the DLC separate is $60, but all the DLC together is $20, so why does that matter?

If you only get one thing, get Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. It is hands down one of the best DLC I've ever played.

Because I am not spending $20 nor $60. I went in expecting to spend nothing and Steam isn't going to trick me like it does all of it's other moron consumers into think there is real savings going on.

60 - 20 = 40

you save 40 dollars by buying the season pass at 20. how are people morons thinking that you save money lol

• Upvote 1

XENOBLADE is in my possession. :3