Vin

The Walking Dead

Maggie = Harvey Dent?

And we all know how that'll end.

"Amen."

:ooo:

Gabriel is all of a sudden the biggest bad ass. Not since Nicholas D. Wolfwood have I enjoyed a preacher man so much.

he's like a superhero now :lol: like Hobo with a Shotgun. :clap:

EDIT: Oh yeah and Abraham a cold stone pimp whew. Straight up called her just a number.

Edited by CampinWithShaddyWarbucks

Abraham gave up the hottest women on the show though. Smh

Well, that escalated slowly, then really quickly.

Not sure how I feel, TBH.

2brootal4me.

I expect good guys to put someone down when they're getting their face eaten off. I also don't expect good guys to burn people alive.

Just a strange episode, IMO.

• Downvote 1

That's the beautiful thing and an element they explored last night (and through most of the series). Is Rick's group really the... "good guys"? In this kind of world, what actions are justified and which are not? Perceiving the group to merely be the good guys is faulty, in my opinion.

The further we get into the apocalypse the more that line gets muddled with our group and it is delightfully frightening.

2brootal4me.

I expect good guys to put someone down when they're getting their face eaten off. I also don't expect good guys to burn people alive.

Just a strange episode, IMO.

Come on, now. They only kept Carol and Maggie alive because they needed them. That redheaded bitch deserved to be eaten and the guys rolling in to murder them deserved to be burned. How were Carol and Maggie to know what constituted a "scout team?" Maybe that's 15 people? Were you not wondering how the two of them were about to wreck that group? There was gas and fire, they were resourceful in eliminating the threat. You're just a pure hater.

And I don't see how that holds water at all, JD. What have Rick and the group ever done but protect themselves? When have they mercilessly killed people for a reason outside of self-defense? They take people in, make them part of their family, and survive. Conversely, these Saviors burst into the Hilltop, murked a guy just to make a point, and started demanding half of everything.

Rick and company have a necessary ruthlessness, but not an amoral one. Look at all of the bullshit that Morgan and other weakass displays of mercy have caused through the series. How many times could Rick have just killed the Governor? Morgan got to Carol and last night's theme was that she needs to regain her poise or good people are going to die.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

Everyone -- whether it's a group or individual, does what they feel is necessary. And where do you draw the line when it comes to necessary ruthlessness? Is it really so black and white to say that... the mistakes that Morgan has made means that there is a pattern? What if the opposite were to happen. What happens when or if the group were to kill innocent people that Morgan could have saved, for example?

Right? Wrong? Moral? Immoral? Good? Bad? Who is the judge of that in a zombie apocalypse? Society and structure is what dictates a lot of that in our world today.

Obviously, we get to tag along with Rick Grimes & Friends every week so it's easy to sympathize with them. I think it would be interesting to get more backstory on a lot of these other characters and groups. Really learn about their origins... their trials and tribulations.

What happened to them that made them feel like their actions were necessary?

We already went down that road with Terminus. They got brutalized, it was awful, then they broke out and...became cannibals. There is never a reason to "become the butcher" as they put it. Rick and co. survive and only ever wreck people that intend on harming them. Beth got her head blown off, but did they nix anyone else there or did the groups mutually agree that it was between them and walk away?

As for Morgan, it's VERY clear that the entire Wolves storyline was on him. He got attacked by two of them in the woods, but let them live, then they found Aaron's backpack and headed to Alexandria. Bunch of his people die because of his actions, then Morgan lets the Wolves live some more. There's no place for weakness in this world, that's why Carol was able to fuck up those Saviors.

• Upvote 1

Ya, I am not so much disagreeing with you as I am saying that I think it's a little more muddled than that. I mean, I wouldn't say you were wrong, per se. I feel like the group is almost too proactive in their aggression and 'necessary' ruthlessness to completely hold them unaccountable.

From one side of the scale, I very much see how being so proactive makes them smarter, more prepared, etc... But as they do more of that, I feel like it has them walking the line of good and bad. And again, I am not saying what they have done is even wrong or that I would have done something different.

I just think it's a really interesting case study, and it's awesome watching each of these characters reach their break in some way and flirt with that line a little more. Or even the opposite where they revert back to an almost pre-Apocalypse humanistic nature. Just take Carol from last night's episode as an example. That was amazing to watch.

I am sure I wasn't alone (not referring to you, exactly, but any viewer in general) thinking that Carol was just using her same old innocent susie homemaker routine to take her enemy off guard. I actually got to a point in the episode where I was so convinced of this that I was kind of annoyed by it. I was sitting there thinking to myself, " is she going to do this every time when she is in trouble now? This is getting old ".

Eventually I got to a point, sadly probably much further into the episode than most, where I was just like... Wow. She wasn't faking it. And then I was just blown away after the episode thinking back on it and everything she said and did.

It's such a testament to this show.. The writing in the show.. And let's not forget. The acting of Melissa McBride. Phenomenal. If it wasn't obvious before, it is now. Carol is by FAR the best character this show has to offer, from an all around standpoint (writing / acting / etc). Nobody comes all that close, in my mind, and I don't say that just to piss Vin off.

• Upvote 1

Vin's stance is that the manner in which they kill is at times too barbaric. I think there's something to be said for steering into the skid and letting the primal ruthlessness out. It allows them to do what needs to be done to survive.

The groups definitely becoming more cold blooded, they are still the good guys tho. They killed a bunch of murderers and thugs. The single worst thing Ricks done is run over that cop last season at the hospital. Overall tho the whole group can claim the moral high ground on pretty much everything they've done. Morgan's actions are dangerous to the group and his character sucks IMO. Haven't liked him at all Post pilot.

• Upvote 1

Got damn.

Both in regards to the show and Rosita on Talking Dead. :ooo:

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

I wish more bad characters would start dying.

You guys are too late on the Rosita train. She's mine. :slingblade:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/21/walking-dead-season-6-finale-90-minutes

The season 6 finale of The Walking Dead promises to be a brutal one if stars Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan are to be believed. And now that brutality will be extended an extra 30 minutes.

Much like last year’s finale, this year’s season ender, airing April 3 on AMC, will now be 90 minutes long instead of the standard 60. That could allow more time for the introduction of Negan — the most notorious villain from The Walking Dead comic book who will be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. (It will no doubt allow more time for extra commercials as well.)

Whether everyone makes it out alive is another matter altogether, but the extended runtime guarantees everyone will have an extra half-hour to fret over who lives and who dies.

:phew:

Eugene & Abraham comedy spin off please.

So, who is going to be doing some dying? Anybody taking any bets? The gravy train can't stop with Denise.

Edited by KeVo

You guys are too late on the Rosita train. She's mine. :slingblade:

She wasn't as hot to me when she was doing that thing that couples do sometimes which is really weird where they dress the same. Plus she was wearing that corny hat that only Eminem and girls who like girls wear, big turn off. :yep:

• Upvote 1

So, who is going to be doing some dying? Anybody taking any bets? The gravy train can't stop with Denise.

I think everyone is on the block except for Rick/Coral/Michonne/Maggie.

I think everyone is on the block except for Rick/Coral/Michonne/Maggie.

Why not Maggie?