Vin

The Walking Dead

Fuck this show. Better Call Saul is already 100x better.

I just don't like pointless deaths, and that's what it seems like to me. I understand and realize this world has no room for the 'moral compass' character and they always have the biggest target on their back... But, again, I just don't see a point. It feels to me like the writers were just like... We don't really have anything better for the premiere, so let's put this here.

I also still really have a problem with the time elements of this show... I am just watching Talking Dead now, and Greg Nicatero revealed this is like 2 weeks after the Beth ordeal. That's stuff I kinda like to know and i think is important to establishing continuity, which this episode lacked. It's also stuff like.. How long was the character sitting there bleeding out before the group finally gets there or... ? I dunno...

Stylistically though.. the way the episode was shot was probably one of the better episodes -- under that guise.. Of style .

Edited by Favre4Ever

They have to start weakening the group somehow, and the "we're split apart" storyline can only work so many times. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese, Abraham, Carol, Rosita, Maggie, Glenn and even Tara isn't completely useless, nor is Carl.

Their first mistake was making so many of these characters so OP. Now the punishment is having to kill quite a few of them off, cause there is no real challenge for them when they're together.

Unfortunately I got to see the previews while I was waiting for Saul to come on, but it seems like they will be doing that without killing people off starting next week -- weakening the group that is. Death is the catch-22 solution for everything, and it just seems lame.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The problem is, most of these people exist solely to die, or to get people invested so they can then die. It's just the nature of the show, for better or worse.

So is does this mean Morgan is coming back? God knows this show can't have 2 black characters for very long.

So is does this mean Morgan is coming back? God knows this show can't have 2 black characters for very long.

Fail.

Probably. Had to kill off Bob to make room for Noah full time.. So Tyrese probably means we FINALLY get more than 5 seconds of Morgan (and the same exact shot like 4 episodes in a row).

:shrug: Sunday's ep was probably one of my favorites since the tail-end of the prison saga. It was executed very well. It was a thousand times better than the mid-season finale. I loved how they used the previous cast members to kind of show the two paths he walked to get where he was. As soon as his little speech to Noah was over and he finished it with 'this isn't the end', the feels started to hit and I knew something was up. Kind of a nice torch-passing, perhaps Noah will be the moral-compass of the show now.

I wonder who killed all the people there, and filled that truck with body parts :think: People are always so much more dangerous than the walkers. Morgan needs an episode to himself sooner or later. Hope they eat Eugene when they run out of food.

I was impressed by the visual effects in this ep, especially the slow-mo katana chops in the gate scene. I think they looked better than they have previously anyway. Except for that F-15 toy kill, that still looked hokey.

• Upvote 1

:notbad:

Thought it was solid... Rick around the fire and then holding the door are two of my favorite scenes in recent memory, I think. Good stuff, overall. I dunno about this new guy though.

Very much a filler episode for the majority of it, but the ending made up for it.

I'm still waiting on Morgan, though.

I thought the Tyreese episode was well done from a creative standpoint. One of my favorites in the series. However, the way they killed him, the stupidity of the entire situation and plot, just irked me. Honestly, I don't give a shit that they killed him, though, because his character was a pussy far too often. Loved the actor, though.

This last episode I thought was great. The desperation, the tension, the camaraderie, the twist. Perfect lead-in episode, imo. The only thing I think they could've done better was Rick's speech. Didn't like the way it turned out. In the comics that speech was a lot more epic, I feel.

• Upvote 1

Solid again, didn't like it as much as last week though. So sad... Michonne is going to die soon.

Solid again, didn't like it as much as last week though. So sad... Michonne is going to die soon.

:wut: ?!?!?

It was a solid episode. Like the addition of Aaron and Eric. Glenn's callback to Dale was one of my favorite little moments in the series so far. Got all kinds of feels there. Was a great way to remember the roots of the show. Love the building dynamic between Michonne and Rick as equals, it was cool to see her challenge him in front of the group. Danai Gurira was amazing on Talking Dead, she looks like a model all cleaned up.

My friend and I were talking about ideal places to go in zombie times, and I remembered my aunt's place in Kentucky. She lives near a town called Paducah, it's in a high-risk flood area, and the entire town is surrounded by a 20-foot high cement wall with huge steel gates that rise and drop. It would be so cool to see a herd trying to get in.

81191311.jpg

Can't wait for next week. Hope there's some good times if only for a little bit.

She is too hopeful and becoming the moral compass character that is always on the chopping block. Nothing to do now bbut wait for it.

I love impersonations, lol. And these are all like spot on... The Harrison Ford and Kevin Spacey really jumped out at me. I just wish they kept all the character segments together instead of breaking them apart. And the guy who made the video committed one of the cardinal sins of Youtube, for me, anyway.

If you have real, like... serious content. You don't need to add stupid music behind everything and make it as prominent as he did. So annoying when I pull up a football video or a video like this and the whole thing is covered in crappy music that is supposed to act as inspirational or whatever... It can work if its down REAL low in the background just so there isn't complete silence, but... Ugh. I hate this. lmao.

The actual content is really awesome though.

His Kevin Spacey was 100% on point. The others were good too, but still need just a little refining.