AllYouNeedIsLovie

49ers could target Josh Johnson

Per Rotoworld

The Santa Rosa Press-Democrat is the latest to suggest the 49ers could end up trading for Josh Johnson as a stopgap quarterback.

All of the Johnson-to-Niners speculation has been dot connecting as opposed to inside info. After Johnson produced a remarkable 43-to-1 TD:INT ratio as a University of San Diego (Division I-AA) senior, coach Jim Harbaugh declared him the best QB in college football. The current ban on trading makes it difficult for the 49ers to project a player like Johnson as the Week 1 starter.

Source: Santa Rosa Press-Democrat

Jim Harbaugh did coach him at University of San Diego, so this could very well happen. The Bucs may be able to parlay Johnson for a 2012 fourth rounder. (They drafted him in the fifth round)

Edited by FartWaffles

http://www.thegridir..._1#entry2300900

Not trying to be a dick but there was a topic on this already. :p

My stance hasn't changed on the matter. I don't want us to go after him.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Not trying to be a dick but there was a topic on this already. :p

S'all good man. I guess it was a topic that I missed three months ago.

Mods can close/delete this thread if they think it's necessary.

Yea, like BAB said, this rumor was brought up early in the off-season. JJ has some talent and trading for him wouldnt be a bad idea for the 49ers. If we could get a 3rd rounder for him, I'd be very happy.

This would be a great addition for the Niners. I could see Johnson finally taking a talented SF team and turning them around.

Please do.

MOAR PICKZ!

Bucs QB Josh Johnson confirmed that he still has a strong relationship with 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh.

"There's a lot of respect there, because I know what he did for me as a player," said Johnson. "I know how much I grew to love him and his family. I felt like it was more than just a coach-player type of thing." Johnson has been the subject of ongoing rumors about a possible trade to the 49ers this offseason. Related: 49ersSource: San Jose Mercury News

Loved this guy coming out of college, would love to see him get a chance in San Fran.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bucs QB Josh Johnson is still holding out for a trade to the 49ers after coach Jim Harbaugh picked up Colin Kaepernick in the draft.

"I'd get to come home," Johnson said, "be with my family, play for a coach that changed my life and play for a team that I grew up loving." Johnson realizes the move isn't especially likely with one year left on his contract as Josh Freeman's backup. Once he hits free agency in 2012, though, the Johnson-Harbaugh reunion figures to go down. Jul 8, 8:53 AM

Source: San Francisco Chronicle