Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jason Babin pondering to switch leagues

Titans DE Jason Babin plans to begin mixed martial arts training in California, and if things go well he said he could enter MMA competitions. He’s also scheduled a bear-hunting trip to Alaska next month according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “They would probably frown on that, but right now I am free and clear to do as I please,’’ said Babin, who was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time last season. “I could play in the Canadian Football League if I wanted to.†Oh yeah, that’s the other thing. Babin is entertaining thoughts of jumping to the CFL or the United Football League if those leagues can build some momentum during the lockout. Both leagues have extended “feelers†to him and other free agents, Babin said. “I know those leagues would love to grow their awareness and if they got a certain amount of high-profile guys to join in, the money would go from the NFL pool to the CFL or UFL pool and maybe they could negotiate a TV deal,†Babin said. “Now that would scare the (stuffing) out of the NFL owners if they could pull something like that off, you know?"

Source: The Tennessean

I wouldn't mind Babin on the Stamps.

I would actually like to see another football league get more popular and start challenging the NFL as the most popular proffesional football league. Won't happen though.

Don't forget bear hunter and potential MMA fighter.

Jason Babin’s lockout plans: MMA training, bear hunting, and possibly joining the UFL

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 16, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT

Coming off a 12.5 sack season, Titans defensive end Jason Babin is likely to get a generous contract when free agency opens up in the NFL once again.

Well, that’s as long as he’s not playing in another football league at the time.

Babin says he’ll considering playing inthe CFL or UFL if a work stoppage drags on a while.

“I know those leagues would love to grow their awareness and if they got a certain amount of high-profile guys to join in, the money would go from the NFL pool to the CFL or UFL pool and maybe they could negotiate a TV deal,†Babin told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “Now that would scare the [stuffing] out of the NFL owners if they could pull something like that off, you know?â€

“So the NFL owners are fighting two fights. They are fighting a lockout fight, and they could be fighting the rise of the other leagues. They make themselves vulnerable the longer this lockout goes on.’’

That sort of quote is music to the ears of those in the UFL. The other leagues won’t be able to pilfer a ton of top-level NFL talent, but an increasing amount of players could start to jump ship in the NFL starts to miss regular season games.

In the meantime, Babin plans to train in another sport entirely. He is starting to begin mixed martial arts training, and could participate in a MMA fight this offseason if all goes well.

Oh yeah, and he has a bear-hunting trip in Alaska scheduled in April.

Someone get this dude a reality show.

SOURCE: PFT

Don't forget bear hunter and potential MMA fighter.

SOURCE: PFT

That was already mentioned in the original post. :shrug:

You gotta love this guy. "I'm gonna go out and beat a guy up, kill a bear, and then I was thinking of getting a band of guys together to try and overthrow the NFL. What are you doing this weekend?"

Because Jason Babin is a household name that could make the UFL relevant... :rolleyes: