Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phailadelphia

After owners' meeting, whispers of no 2011 season

Guest Durant4MVP

Per Adam Schefter:

Long way to go, lots of money at stake, but here were the whispers at the owners meetings: Season now in peril. Sure hope whispers are wrong.

Juuuust fucking great.

The 2011 season will be played. The NFL is only cutting it's throat if they cancel it.

Will the Mayor of Indy SUE the NFL? Superbowl was supposed to be played in Indy this season. With Lockout that means no superbowl in Indy, THANK GOD!! Cause i dont want to see Super bowl in Irsays evil Devils palance. I Guess KARMA got to Irsay for Moving the Colts to Indy.

Will the Mayor of Indy SUE the NFL? Superbowl was supposed to be played in Indy this season. With Lockout that means no superbowl in Indy, THANK GOD!! Cause i dont want to see Super bowl in Irsays evil Devils palance. I Guess KARMA got to Irsay for Moving the Colts to Indy.

my guess is that if the Super Bowl is not played then Indy will get the 2015 Super Bowl (the next one that isn't already awarded) although that will only come up if the entire season is lost, and I can't see that happening, I think they get their shit together and at least pull together an abbreviated season

I still staunchly believe that the 2011 season is going to happen, but that having been said, there is one more thing that hasn't been mentioned yet in the event that there is no Super Bowl this season: What about all of the people who didn't have seats in Dallas for the 2010 Super Bowl?

They were all given tickets to the 2011 Super Bowl. If there is no Super Bowl, those people get screwed not once but TWICE by the NFL. How do you think that would go over? I know I'd be PISSED!

2011 NFL = :wtf:

Edited by B-isforBowe

I still staunchly believe that the 2011 season is going to happen, but that having been said, there is one more thing that hasn't been mentioned yet in the event that there is no Super Bowl this season: What about all of the people who didn't have seats in Dallas for the 2010 Super Bowl?

They were all given tickets to the 2011 Super Bowl. If there is no Super Bowl, those people get screwed not once but TWICE by the NFL. How do you think that would go over? I know I'd be PISSED!

again, I'll be surprised if there isn't at least a shortened season, which would include a Super Bowl

That said, the worst-case is always worth looking at, and IIRC, the folks who didn't get a seat in Dallas were given a ticket to any Super Bowl of their choice, so if there is no 2011 Super Bowl, then that's simply not a choice for them, but I'll look that up and see if I can confirm that

EDIT: ok, I couldn't find the final offer, but I'm pretty sure it was for any future Super Bowl so that fans who went to see the Packers or Steelers could get that experience

Edited by oochymp

again, I'll be surprised if there isn't at least a shortened season, which would include a Super Bowl

That said, the worst-case is always worth looking at, and IIRC, the folks who didn't get a seat in Dallas were given a ticket to any Super Bowl of their choice, so if there is no 2011 Super Bowl, then that's simply not a choice for them, but I'll look that up and see if I can confirm that

I don't know if they changed it, but it was definitely a ticket for the 2011 Super Bowl. I remember watching PTI and Kornheiser and Wilbon comparing traveling to Indy in February to traveling to Dallas and how the cities contrasted one another. Also, they spoke of how people that could afford to go to the Super Bowl in 2010 could probably afford to go to the Super Bowl in 2011.

It's almost like they want this to happen, like they'd be proving something if there wasn't a season. I don't get it. They'd lose money if that happened! :panic:

It's March. I'll believe this hyperbolic bullshit talk when it's August.

^ Yeah exactly. There are always going to be "whispers". Still lots of time...these kinds of talks can swing massively in just one day