Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Packers DE Johnny Jolly Arrested Again For Felony Possession

ast year, Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly settled charges relating to the possession of codeine by entering into a pre-trial diversion program. Under the terms of the deal, the charges would have been dismissed if he had stayed out of trouble for a year.

He didn’t make it.

Sports Radio 610 in Houston reports, via CBSHoustonTX.com, that Jolly has been arrested for felony possession of codeine, the active ingredient in the beverage known as “lean” and “purple drank.”

Police stopped Jolly’s Escalade early Friday, for a traffic violation. Jolly reportedly presented a state identification card rather than a driver’s license. Police thereafter learned that his license is suspended, and ineligible for renewal.

Police then searched Jolly’s vehicle and found 600 grams of codeine.

In July 2010, the NFL suspended Jolly for all of the 2010 season. He reportedly commenced the process of obtaining reinstatement earlier this year. Earlier this week, coach Mike McCarthy said that Jolly “definitely” remains in the teams plans.

McCarthy may be using a different word to describe Jolly’s status now, given that he faces both new charges and a likely claim that he violated his diversion program.

PFT

Adios, Nigga.

Kinda sad. Talented player, but his IQ is lower than that of a rock. If we didn't need a DE before, we definitely do now. Can you still cut players even as they are locked out? If so... It will happen shortly.

Just stupid on his part...We probably will be looking at a DE in the first 3 rounds this draft, as Neal is our only pass rush DE right now.

Yeah, huge disappointment. Ted and our front office waited over a year for this fat fuck to deal with his issues and wait for his suspension to pass. They wouldn't allow that if he weren't talented. And he can't even wait until he gets reinstated or even to the draft?

Dude has issues. And he is gonna have a lot of time to think about them behind bars. And something tells me that Ted isn't gonna be as nice this time around.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Too fucking dumb on his behalf, he gets caught and suspended due to Codeine last season misses the Packers making it to and winning the superbowl. Says that he is now clean and asks for reinstatement just to fuck up so epically that he its just not funny.

Sorry dude your a talented player but we will find a replacement for you when we cut your ass asap. Please Packers FO get Cam Heyward, the guy is a beast wants to be in the NFL and has a good role model to keep him in check.

JOLLY GTFO

Of course this has to happen right after McCarthy says Jolly is still in the Packers plans...

Of course this has to happen right after McCarthy says Jolly is still in the Packers plans...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. lol. Bad timing is bad.

Scum. I understand that people do bad things everywhere, but the NFL needs to crack down on things like this. For some reason the NFL (including the fans) cares much less about players in legal toubles than, say, the MLB. At least in my opinion.

Scum. I understand that people do bad things everywhere, but the NFL needs to crack down on things like this. For some reason the NFL (including the fans) cares much less about players in legal toubles than, say, the MLB. At least in my opinion.

I would put my money on him never playing in the NFL again.... So... I don't know how much that shows that the NFL doesn't care.

Yea no way after just applying for reinstatement after being suspended for the exact same thing they allow it he's done.

Johnny Jolly's Friday arrest could change the Packers plans regarding free agent DE Cullen Jenkins.

Coach Mike McCarthy had said Jolly was in the team's plans following his season-long 2010 suspension, but that seems unlikely now. Jenkins was expected to move on in free agency once a new CBA is agreed to, but with the Pack currently having just Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, Justin Harrell and C.J. Wilson under contract at defensive end, they may now make a push to keep Jenkins.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

I'd be pretty surprised if that were the case. I would say just draft another guy. Or sign some mediocre talent from FA... Whenever that starts, who knows. lol

I would put my money on him never playing in the NFL again.... So... I don't know how much that shows that the NFL doesn't care.

No, he probably won't play again. That's because he'll be in court and then possibly jail, not because the NFL did anything. And I was talking more about the way people react to it. It seems like MLB fans react more harshly to a baseball player getting in trouble than football fans do. Just sayin.

Johnny Jolly needs Tony Dungy in his life.

Troubled Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly remains in a Houston jail after his bid for bond was denied by a Harris County, Texas, judge.

Jolly will make an initial court appearance on Wednesday, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, after he was allegedly found to be in possession of 600 grams of codeine last week. It’s the second time since 2008 Houston police have arrested Jolly and charged him with possession of the drug.

Per the report, Donna Hawkins of the Harris County district attorney’s office said that a new charge vs. Jolly will “likely” prove to be a violation of a pretrial diversion agreement Jolly made following his previous arrest. That could lead to significant jail time for Jolly no matter what happens with his latest case.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Johnny-Jolly-still-jailed-in-Houston-on-drug-charges.html

Packers DE Johnny Jolly was denied bond Wednesday for his latest drug-related arrest in Houston.

Jolly's next hearing is scheduled for April 20. The only reason he escaped jail time for his previous arrest, in which he was accused of playing a significant role in the Houston drug trade, is because he agreed to a one-year pretrial diversion. He lasted just seventh months before police caught him with "sizzurp" again. It's worth noting that SI's Peter King predicted last year that Jolly's troubles were severe enough that he would never again play in the NFL. Source: Associated Press

Per Rotoworld.com:

In what counts as a major surprise, Packers DE Johnny Jolly will avoid jail time for a 2008 drug possession charge after agreeing to a plea deal with prosecutors.

As part of the deal, his codeine possession charge from late March was dropped altogether. Jolly had been facing up to 20 years in prison for the two charges. Instead, he'll be placed on probation while receiving mandatory drug treatment at a facility in Houston run by former NBA player John Lucas. Jolly remains under indefinite NFL suspension. We wouldn't bank on Commissioner Goodell intervening any time soon, but there's now a chance Jolly will play at some point in 2011. Apr 21, 1:41 PM

Source: Associated Press

I'm guessing he won't be with Green Bay...but if he is, wtf.

This has got be his last chance and I'm surprised he isn't in prison honestly. I doubt he'll be reinstated this year.

Woah. How do you get caught on felony drug charges twice and escape with prison time?

Woah. How do you get caught on felony drug charges twice and escape with prison time?

$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$

Ya, probably. But I guarantee you one thing... He is going to get caught again... within the next year, probably.