Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Huff talks about a return to Dallas

By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@ star-telegram.com

The Dallas Cowboys could use a veteran safety. Michael Huff, an Irving native, is a free safety and a free agent to be. He makes perfect sense for the Cowboys.

"That's home, but you never know what's going to happen," Huff said last week at the University of Texas' Pro Day. "I've got to want to go there, but they've got to want me. There are a bunch of things that go into the process."

The Cowboys' starting strong safety, Gerald Sensabaugh, will be a free agent. Their free safety, Alan Ball, is a converted cornerback who struggled at times last season. Dallas did not get in on the bidding for veteran safeties Bob Sanders or O.J. Atogwe, who were free agents before the collective bargaining agreement expired.

But with a weak class of safeties in the draft, Huff could be the Cowboys' best option to improve at the position. Rob Ryan, the Cowboys' new defensive coordinator, was the Raiders' defensive coordinator in 2006 when Oakland made Huff the seventh overall pick.

Huff was benched, booed and thought to be on the trading block before having the light come on in 2009. In 2010, he made 94 tackles and forced six turnovers.

Read more: Star-Telegram

Huff to Dallas would be some good shit.

Guest Durant4MVP

Huff to Dallas would be some good shit.

I'm on board with this.

I think this would be a good pick up for the Cowboys.

This would be a HORRIBLE move by Dallas because, as a Giants fan, I don't wanna see it happen....:shifty:

Edited by BLUE

I'm all for that move, then KC won't have to see him twice a season. That and I'd like to see him get out of that hole, regardless.

Guest Durant4MVP

Huff has reportedly been working out with Cowboys players sporting Cowboys swag given to him by MartyB. Excellent.

Huff has reportedly been working out with Cowboys players sporting Cowboys swag given to him by MartyB. Excellent.

At least Bennett is doing something useful... :p

This would be a pretty solid move. I'm not sure at how good he is at not getting scored on, but he makes some plays.

I don't think the Eagles will take a shot at him. If we're going to spend money there, it should just be on Mikell, who has some great chemistry with Asante. If Mikell's out, the Aso/Huff duo would maybe want to come here together. AR has been known to lump FS and SS into the same boat and just call them safeties, and he loves to get get guys with the skill sets that come with natural FS's, so the fact that Huff/Allen would be a FS/FS combo isn't a problem.