BLUE

Manny Ramirez retires

ESPN.com news services

Tampa Bay Rays designated hitter Manny Ramirez is retiring.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

Source: ESPN

Edited by BLUE

All that Money the Rays owner spent on him?? It shows you how the Rays got so lucky hiring Joe Maddon. Otherwise the Rays would still be the worst organizion in baseball. If Yanks should fail make the playoffs Hal Steinbrenner would offer Joe Maddon more money than that stupid owner would offeer him. The Rays owner is almost like Peter Angelos. The Reason why the O's are winning is because of Buck Showalter is why i have a feeling O's are going the World Series this year.

Edited by Wacko4Flacco61
  • Downvote 5

Some people thought Manny was overrated, but I've always thought he lived up to his hype. Too bad he's gotta go.

Some people thought Manny was overrated, but I've always thought he lived up to his hype. Too bad he's gotta go.

Manny was a good ball player. I watched him play and he didn't look overrated to me. Hope he cleans himself up.

Manny was good till he got that 50 game ban he was never the same after that. Makes you think if he was roided up or not.

One of my all-time favorite baseball players. I hope he gets into broadcasting. Manny should continue to be Manny.

lolManny, lolRays. That is all.

All that Money the Rays owner spent on him?? It shows you how the Rays got so lucky hiring Joe Maddon. Otherwise the Rays would still be the worst organizion in baseball. If Yanks should fail make the playoffs Hal Steinbrenner would offer Joe Maddon more money than that stupid owner would offeer him. The Rays owner is almost like Peter Angelos. The Reason why the O's are winning is because of Buck Showalter is why i have a feeling O's are going the World Series this year.

I don't know about that. The Rays found a great manager in Maddon, yes, but their organization has been smart about dealing and collecting prospects over the past few years. If the Rays got enough ticket sales so that they could actually pay the prospects that pan out, they'd be a team to be scared of.

Manny was good till he got that 50 game ban he was never the same after that. Makes you think if he was roided up or not.

I just think he was losing it honestly. I don't think he was juicing, I mean yeah he did get suspended for that substance but I don't think it was steroids. Even if it was I usually find myself in the minority of people that think steroids doesn't really have THAT much impact in hitting a ball out of the park. Yes you take steroids, work out longer, get bigger etc. But hitting a 90MPH fastball or hitting a curveball in general is something being 'bigger' doesn't really help with. I mean excuse me if I sound like a complete and utter buffoon here but unless steroids or any growth hormone for that matter affect hand-eye coordination then I don't really see the big deal in steroids... but all that's off topic I'd say.

Loved Manny when he was in Boston. Watched Dodgers games just for him. lolRays. I don't understand why he was seen as overrated. Yeah he kinda has an "Albert Haynesworth-Complex" in that when he doesn't want to play, he won't. But when he does want to... he kills it.

Of course he was. The ONLY reason a MAN takes that fertility drug he was busted for is to help re-start normal testosterone levels AFTER coming off a steroid cycle. Period. Unless you think he was trying to get pregnant.

I just think he was losing it honestly. I don't think he was juicing, I mean yeah he did get suspended for that substance but I don't think it was steroids. Even if it was I usually find myself in the minority of people that think steroids doesn't really have THAT much impact in hitting a ball out of the park. Yes you take steroids, work out longer, get bigger etc. But hitting a 90MPH fastball or hitting a curveball in general is something being 'bigger' doesn't really help with. I mean excuse me if I sound like a complete and utter buffoon here but unless steroids or any growth hormone for that matter affect hand-eye coordination then I don't really see the big deal in steroids... but all that's off topic I'd say.

Dude. Wow. Really? Are you really this ignorant?? You don't think getting bigger and faster isn't going to help you? So a guy who hit a ball to the warning track isn't going to gain more power and hit it out of the park by using 'roids? That a quicker swing isn't going to generate more power? A quicker bat isn't going to get a ball out of the infield? Or help a guy turn on a pitch that he couldn't normally catch up to?

You DO sound like a baffoon. Nobody has ever said steroids helps hand-eye-coordination. Why do all these pitchers take it? To recover faster. Why do POWER hitters take it? To hit more homeruns. No guy who hits .260 and is a singles hitter has ever been busted for PEDs. That's not the fucking point of taking them. Going from 30 to 40 homeruns helps your team win and it puts money in your bank account and extends your career. Did Manny, Barry, Sosa, Mcguire all take PEDs to help them beat out a bunt or get more opposite field singles?

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Of course he was. The ONLY reason a MAN takes that fertility drug he was busted for is to help re-start normal testosterone levels AFTER coming off a steroid cycle. Period. Unless you think he was trying to get pregnant.

Well it could count towards Manny being Manny if he was trying :D. Honestly didn't know that was why he got busted, its a shame because even though roids and baseball are linked it still makes it look shitty on the sport and all his achievements.

The Players union should take this Issue to Court. I Think drug testing is a Violation of the 4th amendment in the U.S constitution. If possible take it all the way to the U.S Supreme court and ill bet you those liberal Justices will rule in favor in the players union complants and then all sports must stop drug testing. And then Marion Jones can SUE the USOC to get her gold medals back.

Edited by Wacko4Flacco61
  • Downvote 7

Thanks for the breaking fucking news, Diane Sawyer.

• Upvote 2

LMAO.

Hey guys. Did you know that Man Ram retired?

• Upvote 1

We landed on the moon!?!? :ohmy:

Get the fuck outta here.

Get the fuck outta here.

No its true.

Richard Nixon did WHAT!? :eek:

Was there a guy name Hitler or something?

I think he's very obscure though.

Was there a guy name Hitler or something?

I think he's very obscure though.

Is it natural to talk out of your ass all the time ?

Why don't you make like a schoolgirl's virginity and GET LOST.

Why don't you make like a schoolgirl's virginity and GET LOST.

You should be banned for that comment you pedophile!

• Downvote 9