Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

The Official Kenny Britt Arrests Thread

it's been about three weeks since Britt's meeting with Goodell and still no word on a possible suspension, we have to make final cuts by the end of the week, am I the only one who finds this timeline completely unacceptable?

Sure it'd be nice to get word on his suspension sooner rather than later, but I think regardless of the punishment the Titans are going to keep Britt on their final roster. When healthy and not behind bars Britt is clearly the most talented receiver on the team, and it's not even close.

Sure it'd be nice to get word on his suspension sooner rather than later, but I think regardless of the punishment the Titans are going to keep Britt on their final roster. When healthy and not behind bars Britt is clearly the most talented receiver on the team, and it's not even close.

It's not a matter of deciding whether or not to cut him, he's clearly a stud. It's a matter of deciding how many WRs to carry in his absence.

Kenny Britt helped me win $350 in a 2010 fantasy football league, but since then, He's either been in trouble or injured. It doesn't matter how talented he is if he can't get on the field.

I've read through this whole thread, and I don't really see anything he's done that's that terrible, but I HAVE seen a lot of stupidity exhibited by this kid. Also, if he didn't have millionaire lawyers, He'd have definitely done some time over some of this.

I'm not really sure what I'd do if I were the one making the decisions for the Titans. There's no questioning his talent, but there's also no questioning his rack-a-disciprin. The only question is, how embedded is his immaturity and resistance of any structure.

The one very telling thing that I read in this thread was that, a day after basically getting off scott free of felony charges, instead of being at team workouts with the rest of his team, he decided to go get into trouble that, if some later reports are accurate, never would have escalated had he just cooperated. Combine this with his history of injury, and I don't think you can keep the guy.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Kila already made my point for me, but I'm going to elaborate. If Britt can play week one then our WRs are pretty well set with him, Washington, Wright, Williams, and Hawkins, but if he's out for an extended period of time early on we're going to need to look hard at our young guys to get a fifth guy on the roster or bring in a veteran for depth. To not know what we're going to need there really hurts our preparation.

honestly, we probably weren't beating New England with Britt, so this basically just gives him another week to rehab his knee, but I still wonder why it took the league so long to come to this decision

He's been arrested like 8 times and gets one game? Johnny Jolly, the dumb fat drug head that he is, got arrested like 4 times and is suspended indefinitely.

Weird and inconsistent.

If Britt only get's one day for his 8th offense Lynch better only see one day as well.

Is the dude healthy? I was expected him to not do a lot of playing this year. Are we seriously potentially looking at Britt playing 15 games?

Is the dude healthy? I was expected him to not do a lot of playing this year. Are we seriously potentially looking at Britt playing 15 games?

There are two things Kenny Britt can't do.

1) Stay Healthy.

2) Stay out of trouble.

I would be shocked if he played 15 games this season.

*** waits 4 months for this reply to get quoted and laughed at ***

If Britt only get's one day for his 8th offense Lynch better only see one day as well.

the thing about Britt's incidents (and sorry I don't have a more artful way of putting it) is that he's never had a "what the fuck were you thinking?!" incident, he's just had a lot of "that was probably a bad idea"s it's definitely gotten to the point where he's established a pattern, which is why discipline was necessary, but none of the incidents have been enough to merit a whole lot of attention.

the thing about Britt's incidents (and sorry I don't have a more artful way of putting it) is that he's never had a "what the fuck were you thinking?!" incident, he's just had a lot of "that was probably a bad idea"s it's definitely gotten to the point where he's established a pattern, which is why discipline was necessary, but none of the incidents have been enough to merit a whole lot of attention.

I concede the fact that they may not be some kind of mastermind felon type of acts... But EIGHT times, he's had a run in with the law. EIGHT. That's just absurd.

Do us a favor, Kenny. Stay home.

I concede the fact that they may not be some kind of mastermind felon type of acts... But EIGHT times, he's had a run in with the law. EIGHT. That's just absurd.

Do us a favor, Kenny. Stay home.

like I said, he's definitely established a pattern that needs to be changed, but I don't think a four to six game suspension is necessary to do that, I wouldn't argue with a two game suspension, but I think one is completely fair given what he's done

just thought I'd share this:

FORT CAMPBELL, KY. — A federal magistrate found that Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt not guilty of driving under the influence after trying to pass through a security gate at Fort Campbell Army post on the Tennessee-Kentucky state line.

After a five-hour trial on the post Tuesday, U.S. magistrate Lanny King also found Britt not guilty of violating the implied consent law for refusing to take a Breathalyzer test.

Britt was in the courtroom but was not called to testify.

He was arrested on July 20 when he tried to enter the post through a gate on the Kentucky side of the installation. Military police administered a field sobriety test, then handcuffed Britt and took him to the Fort Campbell police station where he refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

Source: the Tennessean