Sign in to follow this  
KiLaSix9

2011 NBA Playoff Discussion

The officiating went horribly in favor of the Heat in overtime. I no longer mind NFL officiating, but the NBA is as bad as it gets. Christ.

What a game...tied 2-2 going back to OKC for game 5...It'll probably be a terrible game as tired as each team is lol.

Guest Durant4MVP

That was absolutely ridiculous. If the refs don't blow the OOB call on Allen/Harden then OT never happens.

OKC restored homecourt advantage. Gotta favor them to win the series now but there's no way they get past Dallas. The Thunder have some team issues to address.

At this point I have a hard time seeing OKC win this series. Unless the next 2 games go to triple OT too. :p

Guest Durant4MVP

They came down from 18 to win and you have trouble seeing them win the series? lulz.

And the Grizz came from 16 down to win game 3(and also from 10 down to tie this one), what's your point?

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 1

That was absolutely ridiculous. If the refs don't blow the OOB call on Allen/Harden then OT never happens.

OKC restored homecourt advantage. Gotta favor them to win the series now but there's no way they get past Dallas. The Thunder have some team issues to address.

Yeah, I dunno. Memphis can beat Dallas, so I don't know if I even want OKC to win. I'm a Thunder bandwagoner too, but I'm not so sure they could really challenge the Mavs. Memphis can.

Also, in reference to the officiating, Memphis had to play with two of their most prolific players on the bench. No way you can blame officiating for this going to overtime when OKC wouldn't have won had Conley and Mayo not fouled out.

• Upvote 1

They came down from 18 to win and you have trouble seeing them win the series? lulz.

Read the post above yours. Memphis has shown just as much resiliency. Randolph gassed out after 3 OTs which depleted Memphis. OKC basically outlasted them but not necessarily outplayed them.

Yeah, if Conley and Mayo were still in the game, we could have won the game..but can't use that as an excuse..they shouldn't have fouled out.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Guest Durant4MVP

And the Grizz came from 16 down to win game 3(and also from 10 down to tie this one), what's your point?

My point is there is no clear winner of this series yet. Wednesday will determine that.

Guest Durant4MVP

Also, in reference to the officiating, Memphis had to play with two of their most prolific players on the bench. No way you can blame officiating for this going to overtime when OKC wouldn't have won had Conley and Mayo not fouled out.

I sure as hell can blame the officials for sending the game to OT because they blew a very obvious call. Mayo and Conley didn't foul out until what, the 2nd OT?

Saying OKC wouldn't have won if they hadn't fouled out is purely hypothetical.

And Marc Gasol was getting hit in the face all game long but it was never called..and if an OKC player was even touched it was a foul..the refs extremely favored OKC all game long..

Guest Durant4MVP

In the first half, OKC got the calls. In the second half, Memphis got the calls. They were pretty even. I'll give you the ONE hit by Perkins to Gasol's face that was clearly intentional but the second hit on his and-1 did not look intentional to me.

Memphis likes to play physical and OKC saw an opportunity to take advantage of that by driving and creating fouls. Don't even get me started on how handsy Battier and Allen have been on KD throughout the entire series.

Edited by Durant4MVP

Grizzles/Thunder is becoming a classic series, but sadly the Lakers epic choke job is taking too much precedence over it, just because it's LA.

Still this is the best playoff year we've seen in a long time. I'm glad that the Lakers are done.

Also, Mav, where exactly did you see that I condoned the actions of Odom and Bynum, or are you just assuming shit, because I'm a Lakers fan?

Please link me....perhaps you can search through the shoutbox archives (if you're able to; if you can't, then ask a G-Mod or Admin if they can do so, because I can't) and absolutely see that I did not.

Of course it was classless....

Edited by BLUE

Also, Mav, where exactly did you see that I condoned the actions of Odom and Bynum, or are you just assuming shit, because I'm a Lakers fan?

Please link me....perhaps you can search through the shoutbox archives (if you're able to; if you can't, then ask a G-Mod or Admin if they can do so, because I can't) and absolutely see that I did not.

Of course it was classless....

I was going to let this die, but since you replied again...

First, I know you weren't referring to another team in basketball. I thought your order of sports went Giants, Lakers, Mets, and as far as I know that's the only teams you follow.

Second, I made the assumption not because you were a Lakers fan, but based on these comments from you ---> " I am certainly not embarrassed or really give a fuck how it ended." If you thought it was classless, surely you would be somewhat embarrassed or give some fuck about how it ended.

When I meant how it ended, I was referring to the final score....an no, Drew should be embarrassed, but I don't think I should, and I'm not....

And it's Giants, Mets and Lakers, in that order. The Giants and Mets could be interchangeable, though.

When I meant how it ended, I was referring to the final score....an no, Drew should be embarrassed, but I don't think I should, and I'm not....

And it's Giants, Mets and Lakers, in that order. The Giants and Mets could be interchangeable, though.

I guess it's just because the Mets suck that I didn't think you followed them very closely cause you don't get too many chances to be excited :p

Dude, I'm a Mets masochist. I watch probably 125-150 games on TV every season. It's like a 162 car crashes....I can't help but watch as many as possible....:shifty:

Seriously though, I grew up in a baseball family and baseball was my first love.

Edited by BLUE

Dude, I'm a Mets masochist. I watch probably 125-150 games on TV every season. It's like a 162 car crashes....I can't help but watch as many as possible....:shifty:

Seriously though, I grew up in a baseball family and baseball was my first love.

Damn, that's loyalty...That's part of the reason I couldn't get into baseball too much. Sure, my favorite team is the Red Sox, I'll keep up with them and even watch their games if they are on National TV, but if I had NESN honestly I couldn't want every full game...

Great first quarter by KG. Let's hope him and the Celtics keep it up throughout the whole game...

Heat win. Bulls have to win tomorrow. I so want to see a Bulls-Heat series. Can't wait for D-Rose to show LeChoke who the greatest player in basketball is right now!

Guest Durant4MVP

Heat win. Bulls have to win tomorrow. I so want to see a Bulls-Heat series. Can't wait for D-Rose to show LeChoke who the greatest player in basketball is right now!

Have fun getting swept.