Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Peter King suggests Ochocinco to the Pats

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to SI's Peter King, Patriots coach Bill Belichick is "likes" and is "charmed by" Chad Ochocinco.

"The Patriots need receivers," added King. "(Ochocinco) would walk to New England. Are you kidding me? He’d kiss Bill Belichick’s shoes if Belichick called him if he was free." Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer fully expects the Bengals to release Ochocinco after the NFL's transactions freeze. Apr 26, 9:42 AM

Source: WEEI Boston

Hahahahaha, I've never seen that video. Funny shit.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Chad Ochocinco suggested on his Twitter account Tuesday that his "time is up" in Cincinnati.

"Y'all ever lost somebody you felt was close to you, but they flip on you without giving you the script?" Ochocinco asked. "Marvin Lewis hurt my feelings." Ochocinco repeated several times that he "loves" Lewis, but he's too "hurt" to make it work in 2011. Lewis' comments this offseason suggest the feeling is mutual.

Source: Chad Ochocinco on Twitter Apr 26, 6:00 PM

If Marvin Lewis can't put up with him, I don't think the Hoodie would last to long with him.

Tom Brady sure as hell wouldn't put up with the barking in his ear either. :p

Edited by Barracuda

If Marvin Lewis can't put up with him, I don't think the Hoodie would last to long with him.

I'm sure he'd humble his ass up in New England actually.

Yeah, because Tom Brady and Bill Belichick can't do better than Carson Palmer and Marvin Lewis did. Are you even remotely fucking serious?

idk, I wouldn't touch Chad Johnson with a 10 ft pole, but if anyone can make it work it's the Pats. I just don't see why you take the risk. Chad doesn't fit the role of the deep threat that the Pats desperately need anymore. The Pats top 3 WR's wouldn't be able to beat anyone deep and that's a big problem.

The Pats top 3 WR's wouldn't be able to beat anyone deep and that's a big problem.

Deion Branch and Brandon Tate are both very capable deep threats as far as I'm concerned. What the Patriots need is a big possession receiver to challenge the more physical cornerbacks in the league.

After a recent bull-riding episode, NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes that Chad Ochocinco has "gone off the deep end."

Lombardi believes Ocho's decline began in the 2010 playoffs, when the now 33-year-old was manhandled "easily and convincingly" by Darrelle Revis. Ocho "then spent his offseason not on football," Lombardi explains, and "lost his edge" while focusing on soccer, Twitter, dancing, bull riding, name changes, and reality shows. Lombardi says Ocho can't get open unless the offensive scheme frees him up, and suggests he may struggle to find a new team after being released. Source: NFL.com

idk, I wouldn't touch Chad Johnson with a 10 ft pole, but if anyone can make it work it's the Pats. I just don't see why you take the risk. Chad doesn't fit the role of the deep threat that the Pats desperately need anymore. The Pats top 3 WR's wouldn't be able to beat anyone deep and that's a big problem.

If I has a team that had a chance to win, I'd love to have Chad. Remember how carefree and lovable he was when the Bengals' seasons weren't over before they even started? It's the same thing that happened to Randy Moss until he had his record breaking season: losing makes good guys look really bad. If I had to play for the Bengals, strangers wouldn't like me much either.

I do agree with you about the Pats needing a deep threat though. That's why the Jets beat them. They forced Brady to look deep, and no one was there. That's how teams beat the Pats, the few that do. A good front seven and makes it very hard to go over the middle or dink and dunk them to death.

Still, I would love this move if I were a Pats fan. Hell, I still love this move. It's just good for football. When Chad is happy and winning—which hasn't been the case in a long time—he's one of the most fun to watch guys in the league.