SteVo

Official 2011 Draft Discussion Thread

Best players available heading into the 3rd round per mega-board:

32. QB Ryan Mallett

42. DE/DT Christian Ballard

52. WR Leonard Hankerson

54. DE Allen Bailey

55. DT Drake Nevis

I imagine the Ryan Mallett pick will get a LOT of discussion in the future so I won't go too far into it. I'm very surprised a few guys are still available...

Well... Taken me long enough. But as far as the Pack's 2nd rounder, Randall Cobb.... I would have liked Hankerson or Houston... Wasn't very happy when the pick was made. But Cobb is a versatile guy.. He can be like our Percy Harvin. So, in the end.. I'm on board with the pick. We do need to start thinking about going defense though.

WHY did we draft DeMarco Murray? Are you fucking kidding me, Jerry?

I like the Brooks Reed pick by Houston. After taking J.J. Watt, they're building up their front seven. I figured their entire draft would be defense, and it looks like they're on their way. Pass rush will be a major wild card for the Texans this year, though. Brooks Reed and Connor Barwin could be highly productive or ineffective.

I'm pretty optimistic for the Barwin/Reed pass-rush combo, especially when they'll be getting help from Mario, Antonio, and now Watt as well.

Fartwaffles must be one happy guy

Very! :thumbup:

Awesome pick Houston. :thumbup:

I didn't really like seeing Texans part ways with their third and fifth round picks, but it's hard to be too mad when you know they're getting a feisty and quality corner in Brandon Harris. :)

Luke Stocker is a beast. He'll put the team on his back doo.

We just gave up our 4th this year and 4th next year to get Luke Stocker. Awful trade.

I like him as a player but just not for us at least not that early AND not worth trading up for. I mean we have K2, so this is depth.

Luke Stocker is a beast. He'll put the team on his back doo.

Don't know much about him so I can't really say anything, but I'm not a fan of trading up for him. He probably would have fell to our original 4th rounder and if he didn't we could have gotten DJ Williams.

Sometimes you have to wait and see to see the value of a trade. I was analyzing some of the Pat's trades where they looked like they got a lot, but they really lost out at the end because the other side got a great player.

Edited by RazorStar

So I just woke up and discovered that the Eagles took Casey Matthews and Alex Henery in the 4th round. I dig it, even though the 4th is a little soon for a kicker.

Ricky Stanzi to the Chiefs. The Matt Cassell era will be ending soon...