Sign in to follow this  
әightninә.

Osama Bin Ladin is dead.

One of my favorite bits of info to come out of this whole thing is that we apparently got the lead on Bin Laden from a detainee at Gitmo. I bet you're glad you didn't close that place down after all, eh, Mr. President? :thumbup2:

Friday is out, Sunday is in.

116306_460s.jpg

Just a thought here: Was Dick Cheney made pointman? I figure since he knows how to shoot people in the face so well...

Edited by BigBen07

Just a thought here: Was Dick Cheney made pointman? I figure since he knows how to shoot people in the face so well...

this comment is like a comeback that isn't used until after the argument is over, it took you too long to think of and therefore killed any hope the joke had

Guest Durant4MVP

One of my favorite bits of info to come out of this whole thing is that we apparently got the lead on Bin Laden from a detainee at Gitmo. I bet you're glad you didn't close that place down after all, eh, Mr. President? :thumbup2:

And they got the information out of him by NOT waterboarding or torturing him. Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it, Bush.

Who lives in a coffin under the sea?

OSAMA BIN LADEN

Creepy and evil but dead as can be?

OSAMA BIN LADEN

If blowing up buildings be somethin' you wish!

OSAMA BIN LADEN

Then get in the ocean and join this bitch!

OSAMA BIN LADEN

OSAMA BIN LADEN

OSAMA BIN LADEN

OSAMA BIN LADEN

OOOOOOSAMAAAAAAA BIN LADENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Upvote 1

And they got the information out of him by NOT waterboarding or torturing him. Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it, Bush.

So wait.... Obama runs his election opposing two of Bush's views... Shutting down Gitmo and getting out of Iraq. We do neither, and Obama rules and Bush sucks?

Have you read the documents that were leaked that proves we have held innocent men captive for years without proof, and have released known terrorists? Wooo, go Obama/Bush/any other puppet you can name!

Guest Durant4MVP

So wait.... Obama runs his election opposing two of Bush's views... Shutting down Gitmo and getting out of Iraq. We do neither, and Obama rules and Bush sucks?

Have you read the documents that were leaked that proves we have held innocent men captive for years without proof, and have released known terrorists? Wooo, go Obama/Bush/any other puppet you can name!

lol you can't just close Gitmo and pull out of Iraq overnight. Obama ordered it closed "within a year" last summer and we've withdrawn more than 100,000 troops from Iraq since Obama was elected (and the remaining are on schedule to all be withdrawn before his first term ends).

Not sure how this is even relevant though. My point was Obama refused to use torture techniques to get information and it worked where waterboarding did not yet the Bush Administration insisted it was necessary. Clearly.

Edited by Durant4MVP
  • Upvote 1

lol you can't just close Gitmo and pull out of Iraq overnight. Obama ordered it closed "within a year" last summer and we've withdrawn more than 100,000 troops from Iraq since Obama was elected (and the remaining are on schedule to all be withdrawn before his firs term ends).

Not sure how this is even relevant though. My point was Obama refused to use torture techniques to get information and it worked here waterboarding did not yet the Bush Administration insisted it was necessary. Clearly.

How do we know that using torture techniques wouldn't have led us to Bin Laden a year sooner?

Guest Durant4MVP

How do we know that using torture techniques wouldn't have led us to Bin Laden a year sooner?

Because KSM (the guy who leaked bin Laden's courier) has been detained for 8 years and wouldn't release any info while being waterboarded.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059438-503544.html

However, the AP fleshed out its report later in the day. Citing unnamed former officials, the AP wrote, "Mohammed did not discuss al-Kuwaiti while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding... He acknowledged knowing him many months later under standard interrogation."
Edited by Durant4MVP

this comment is like a comeback that isn't used until after the argument is over, it took you too long to think of and therefore killed any hope the joke had

Actually, I heard that from a friend first. I was just sharing it. Sorry.

lol you can't just close Gitmo and pull out of Iraq overnight. Obama ordered it closed "within a year" last summer and we've withdrawn more than 100,000 troops from Iraq since Obama was elected (and the remaining are on schedule to all be withdrawn before his first term ends).

Not sure how this is even relevant though. My point was Obama refused to use torture techniques to get information and it worked where waterboarding did not yet the Bush Administration insisted it was necessary. Clearly.

Overnight? Since when did years become "overnight"? And ya, we are getting our troops out of Iraq... As we send them to Libya and Pakistan.

Guest Durant4MVP

Overnight? Since when did years become "overnight"? And ya, we are getting our troops out of Iraq... As we send them to Libya and Pakistan.

Unless something has changed in the past week we don't have any troops on the ground in neither Libya nor Pakistan...

Unless something has changed in the past week we don't have any troops on the ground in neither Libya nor Pakistan...

Unless something changed in the last 50 years, we have troops just about everywhere in the world.

Guest Durant4MVP

I don't even know what we're debating anymore.

Sorry, I don't buy it.....Obama needed a smoking gun for his re-election run, time to break the Osama corpse out of the freezer.

I'm not just gonna buy that this all went down the way the government says, just because the government said it.

Obama's resume for 2012

A) Osama - Check

B) Khadafi - ....

C) Everything else - FAIL! (but A and B override C right?)

So now it's OK to help Al Qaeda overthrow Khadaffi? It's not Osama's Al Qaeda anymore right?

It's all too convenient for my liking...

I really truly don't give a flying fuck HOW exactly it went down...as long as it went down. There will always be conspiracy theories w/e w/e, but that comes with just about anything that the Government does.

Obama's approval rating has gone up (I think over 50%) for this and some what rightfully so...

This will be a short lived approval and gushing over President Obama. Anyone who thinks this locked his reelection for 2012 is a dumbass IMO. I hate the Republican/Democrat BS that people and pundits are now putting on this crap, but it's to be expect.

Truthers...then Birthers and now Deathers. lol

:shrug:

P.S. and I am not trying to "call anyone out" or whatever so if you've made it this far and your panties are twisted hard against your vag. before reading this you can go ahead and UN-twist'em. lol :D

Just speaking generally.

Edited by BucD

Also I heard this morning on the radio (so take it for what it's worth...no source or link etc.), but they said something about the White House releasing the Osama photo to high ranking government officials.

I really truly don't give a flying fuck HOW exactly it went down...as long as it went down. There will always be conspiracy theories w/e w/e, but that comes with just about anything that the Government does.

I see your point, and yeah as long as it went down, that's the important thing....but not really, he'll just be replaced by another extremist with a "justifiable" hatred for America. We'll have a new villain to hate, and people's wives/mothers/daughters will still get felt up when they go to the airport.

I don't know who's pulling who's strings, and it doesn't really matter, since I don't trust the government (and yes, I'm a vet) regardless of which figurehead/scapegoat is sitting at the "top". And in reality, I can't legally do jack shit to change anything about it. Every 4 years we're just voting for the "lesser of two evils"

...it's a sad state of affairs, when our choices are between a shitbag, and a bag of shit....

I see your point, and yeah as long as it went down, that's the important thing....but not really, he'll just be replaced by another extremist with a "justifiable" hatred for America. We'll have a new villain to hate, and people's wives/mothers/daughters will still get felt up when they go to the airport.

I don't know who's pulling who's strings, and it doesn't really matter, since I don't trust the government (and yes, I'm a vet) regardless of which figurehead/scapegoat is sitting at the "top". And in reality, I can't legally do jack shit to change anything about it. Every 4 years we're just voting for the "lesser of two evils"

...it's a sad state of affairs, when our choices are between a shitbag, and a bag of shit....

I feel ya man...I'm a Vet too...and I especially agree with the last part. If this "choice between a shitbag and a bag of shit" continues I am just not going to vote. I am tired of having to choose the lesser of two evils. I am tired of voting for someone that promises this and promises that and they aren't held accountable for their promises to the American people once in office. The not getting shit done when election time comes around so they have deniability or whatever...it's gone on for a long time now...

• Upvote 1

I am tired of having to choose the lesser of two evils. I am tired of voting for someone that promises this and promises that and they aren't held accountable for their promises to the American people once in office. The not getting shit done when election time comes around so they have deniability or whatever...it's gone on for a long time now...

Damned straight, man...

I vote on Presidential and Congressional ballots for an false sense of accomplishment...to fool myself into believing I've made a difference....I make it a point to vote on every local ballot, every chance I get. They're really the last line of defense between us and the Federal governement, and they actually have an idea what it is to live our lives.

Unlike those fat cats (Czars)on Capitol Hill, that were born and bred into their lives, that are completely out of touch as to what us "common folk" (Serfs) "need" and don't "need".

IMO who my Governor and Mayor is, is more important to me, than who my President is...