Sign in to follow this  
BC

Thoughts on Seahawks draft?

With the first two selections, Seattle grabbed James Carpenter in the first and John Moffit in the third. Both offensive lineman. Carpenter is 325 lbs, Moffit 319. That's 644. I agree there could have been better picks at 24 in the first but the position need was certainly addressed. Both of these lineman will be upgrades from what we had on the right side of the line. Russell Okung is still the LT. The Seahawks OL has been attrocious ever since the Steelers Seahawks superbowl game ended. That was the last time that it was basically an acceptable unit. The same 5 guys havn't been on the field week in and week out in forever. Offensive line needed to be addressed way sooner than it was. Do you think the Seahawks know what they were doing in taking these guys?

• Downvote 1

I know a lot of people have bashed Seattle's draft especially saying that they reached on their players, but they addressed their huge o-line weakness which is a major plus. Carpenter and Moffitt should both be starters on their o-line come Week 1. I also liked that they decided to draft some defensive backs, and I am a huge fan of the Kris Durham pick.

Overall I think people are just overreacting because Seattle didn't pick any "big-time" names in their draft, but they are definitely leaving the draft as a better team and I'd give them a solid B or B-.

I know a lot of people have bashed Seattle's draft especially saying that they reached on their players, but they addressed their huge o-line weakness which is a major plus. Carpenter and Moffitt should both be starters on their o-line come Week 1. I also liked that they decided to draft some defensive backs, and I am a huge fan of the Kris Durham pick.

Overall I think people are just overreacting because Seattle didn't pick any "big-time" names in their draft, but they are definitely leaving the draft as a better team and I'd give them a solid B or B-.

Yeah, people think that Seattle will be lousy again in 2011. I'm sure they'll do fine.

This Dilfer basically bashed our draft because we didn't take Dalton. Im glad we passed on Dalton though i just don't want another average QB for us and thats what i feel like Dalton will be. I like the fact that there building the line up no point in drafting a QB to get killed. Also who knows what they will do in free agency they may have a trade that they can't make yet.

Edited by Sacks98

This Dilfer basically bashed our draft because we didn't take Dalton. Im glad we passed on Dalton though i just don't want another average QB for us and thats what i feel like Dalton will be. I like the fact that there building the line up no point in drafting a QB to get killed. Also who knows what they will do in free agency they may have a trade that they can't make yet.

Dilfer's a dickhead.

Seahawks adressed major needs on the OL. Not as bad a draft as it seems or as I make fun of them for it.

Not to mention the QB class next year is going to be a lot better. I kind of hope we start Charlie all year so he can get some much needed experience and we end up picking 1st so we can take Luck. He's going to be better than Bradford IMO.

Not to mention the QB class next year is going to be a lot better. I kind of hope we start Charlie all year so he can get some much needed experience and we end up picking 1st so we can take Luck. He's going to be better than Bradford IMO.

Do you really want to see your team struggle enough to earn the #1 draft pick next year? Kinda sounds like the epitome of pessimism to me. While Luck will be a great addition to any team, I wouldn't be hoping that my team has a realistic chance at drafting him. The NFC West is weak, and the Seahawks still have a realistic chance at winning it again next season.

Matt Barkley may be a more realistic chance of joining the Seahawks come next draft, unless they're able to make a successful trade for Kevin Kolb.

If they can continue to make the playoffs at 8-8, they won this draft.

Do you really want to see your team struggle enough to earn the #1 draft pick next year? Kinda sounds like the epitome of pessimism to me. While Luck will be a great addition to any team, I wouldn't be hoping that my team has a realistic chance at drafting him. The NFC West is weak, and the Seahawks still have a realistic chance at winning it again next season.

Matt Barkley may be a more realistic chance of joining the Seahawks come next draft, unless they're able to make a successful trade for Kevin Kolb.

If he has a good of a career as I think he will, then yes. You wouldn't suffer through a terrible year if it meant you could pick up a franchise/pro bowl and potentially HOF QB? Yes, I think Luck will be that good.

That said, I wouldn't mind having Barkley either. I've heard that Carroll thinks that Barkley is the best college player he's ever coached, which is saying something given the talent Carroll brought through USC.

I'm not a big fan of Carpenter, though I like Moffitt. I won't hate Seattle's draft because they took guys higher than Mel Kiper and Todd McShay said they should go. But they didn't have a great draft or anything, just solid.