Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Modern Warfare 3 - 11/8/11

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Both are going to be great games in their own right. Two totally different directions on the FPS genre. Thankfully, I will have both. :p

:shrug:

Video games have destroyed some of my friends' potential in life. They'll only realize it when they look back when they're 55.

• Downvote 4

Battlefield 3.

I just owned this topic.

Ya. he just owned this topic.

:shrug:

Video games have destroyed some of my friends' potential in life. They'll only realize it when they look back when they're 55.

Fuck your pretentious demeanor you God Complex son of a bitch. Have you been diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I'm thinking yes.

doesn't matter. either way Mav just owned this topic.

anyways, battlefield 3 is so fucking amazing it takes both literal and metaphorical shits on call of duty. and COD multiplayer has been the same since COD4 lmao. needs innovation.

Edited by funnygunny

doesn't matter. either way Mav just owned this topic.

anyways, battlefield 3 is so fucking amazing it takes both literal and metaphorical shits on call of duty. and COD multiplayer has been the same since COD4 lmao. needs innovation.

CoD 4 is legendary, imo. It will stand the tests of time. It was amazing... and I see no reason to dramatically overhaul the multi-player. Could it afford some tune ups? Absolutely. But if they completely overhaul the multi-player to more like Battlefield... Then they narrow their own market. Why be like Battlefield when Battlefield already has that covered?

If that makes any sense.

They are two different styles of FPS, and the way it should remain.

• Upvote 1

care packages take a year to open, and if you do get them open your probably die before you can use it. thats one of my main issues lol.

• Upvote 1

Fuck your pretentious demeanor you God Complex son of a bitch. Have you been diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I'm thinking yes.

Man, you took that way too seriously. I wasn't taking shots at anybody on this site. It was just a comment regarding three guys that used to be my good friends. Now, on Saturday nights, they're more interested in getting a group of five and sitting around a table playing some kind of computer game. They wouldn't look twice at a good looking woman on a weekend night. They'd just turn it down and go home and "play." When they get done with their school day, the first thing they do when they get home is turn on either their TV and game console or their computer. If I wanted to attack you guys, I would have, but I assume none of you are like my old friends. They're extreme cases. This thread just reminded me of how disappointed I am in their overall lack of effort in anything outside of gaming.

care packages take a year to open, and if you do get them open your probably die before you can use it. thats one of my main issues lol.

lmao, that shit pisses me off..but it takes longer to capture an enemy cp...

• Upvote 1

Man, you took that way too seriously. I wasn't taking shots at anybody on this site. It was just a comment regarding three guys that used to be my good friends. Now, on Saturday nights, they're more interested in getting a group of five and sitting around a table playing some kind of computer game. They wouldn't look twice at a good looking woman on a weekend night. They'd just turn it down and go home and "play." When they get done with their school day, the first thing they do when they get home is turn on either their TV and game console or their computer. If I wanted to attack you guys, I would have, but I assume none of you are like my old friends. They're extreme cases. This thread just reminded me of how disappointed I am in their overall lack of effort in anything outside of gaming.

I am just tired of your high and mighty attitude. You come into a video game thread to spout your anti-gaming anecdotes? GTFO dude.

Oh, and it's time to get a fucking clue. It wasn't video games that ruined your friends vast "potential". That's what the typical person would call.... An excuse. If they would rather go home and game, how is that the games fault? Some people like to play leisurely. What's wrong with that?

If they were more obsessed... They didn't meet their potential because they are lazy and didn't want to do the things required of them to meet their potential.

I am just tired of your high and mighty attitude. You come into a video game thread to spout your anti-gaming anecdotes? GTFO dude.

Oh, and it's time to get a fucking clue. It wasn't video games that ruined your friends vast "potential". That's what the typical person would call.... An excuse. If they would rather go home and game, how is that the games fault? Some people like to play leisurely. What's wrong with that?

If they were more obsessed... They didn't meet their potential because they are lazy and didn't want to do the things required of them to meet their potential.

My original post spouted anti-gaming hate that I didn't intend to put across. I like to play a game of Madden here and there just as much as anybody else. I think my second post made my comment clearer. I'm not anti-gaming. I'm anti-laziness, and my friends have become gaming sloths. I might actually start a thread regarding the way people change or become pathetic like they have.

My bad about my original post. That conveyed something I did not want to say. Sorry about the high and mighty point of view it put across. That was not my intention.

My original post spouted anti-gaming hate that I didn't intend to put across. I like to play a game of Madden here and there just as much as anybody else. I think my second post made my comment clearer. I'm not anti-gaming. I'm anti-laziness, and my friends have become gaming sloths. I might actually start a thread regarding the way people change or become pathetic like they have.

My bad about my original post. That conveyed something I did not want to say. Sorry about the high and mighty point of view it put across. That was not my intention.

Thanks for the clarification. You are forgiven until you are caught doing it again. Ha

GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO

cod-mw3-box-full.jpg

Looks to be sick but the past couple have as well and they turned out disappointing. I'll see how the reviews go in October by magazines and customers comments about the game before I buy it. Tired of being disappointed by CoD and Battlefield 3 looks to be sick.

Looks to be sick but the past couple have as well and they turned out disappointing. I'll see how the reviews go in October by magazines and customers comments about the game before I buy it. Tired of being disappointed by CoD and Battlefield 3 looks to be sick.

Black Ops was a hit, in my opinion. And I am expecting MW3 to be just as good as if not better than CoD 4. Yes, I have lofty expectations.

As long as it beats out World at War and Modern Warfare 2, I will be happy. My current list is as follows...

1. CoD 4

2. CoD Black Ops

3. CoD Modern Warfare 2

4. CoD World at War

First trailer is released.... AHHHHHHHHH.

http://www.1up.com/n...odern-warfare-3

That looks sick...between MW3 and Battlefield 3 this is gonna be an epic year for FPS. Definitely getting both :D

Just watched the trailer...holy fucking fuck. Can't wait. MW3 and BF3....oh sweet Baby fucking a hawt super model doggy style Jesus.

:corn::party:

• Upvote 1

Black Ops was a hit, in my opinion. And I am expecting MW3 to be just as good as if not better than CoD 4. Yes, I have lofty expectations.

Ya Black Ops was a hit but it was disappointing how sniping was screwed over and how the ak74u, ak47, and the commando dominate the game. MW3 does have potential and I'm interested in seeing how it plays out but right now I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 more.

Ya Black Ops was a hit but it was disappointing how sniping was screwed over and how the ak74u, ak47, and the commando dominate the game. MW3 does have potential and I'm interested in seeing how it plays out but right now I'm looking forward to Battlefield 3 more.

I actually think they did a great job balancing weapons. Ak74 isn't nearly as good after it's recoil was nerfed. And I can just as easily dominate with the Spectre or MPL as I can the AK47, Commando, G11, or Galil.

Guns SHOULD be slightly better as you get higher levels. Otherwise, what's the point of gaining levels and unlocking new weapons?

Overall though, I definitely think it is much more balanced than say MW2.